Don't You Ever Fear I'm Always Near

You Have To Choose

A little while later Josh woke up and saw me smiling at him but had a confused look on his face.

“You fell asleep,” I told him.

“Is Wil still here?” He groaned.

“No, he left, well he came back while you were sleeping but he just left again,” I said.

“Why did he come back?” Josh quickly asked.

“Just to chat,” I smiled.

“I really am getting to not liking that guy,” Josh grumbled under his breath.

“Why are you so upset with this Wil thing?” I asked, losing my patience.

“Because that guy flirts with you like crazy and you don’t seem to care!” He shouted.

“That’s because he doesn’t mean anything by it! It’s nothing Josh!” I countered.

“I’m not convinced,” He shook his head scornfully.

“Well, I don’t know what to tell you,” I grumpily replied. “Wil and I are friends and that’s it.”

“But he doesn’t want to be just friends!” Josh battled.

“Yes he does!” I fought right back.

“I’m sick of this!” Josh shouted. ”Kirstie, you’re going to have to choose; it’s either Wil or me.”

Right now I was in shock. I couldn’t believe that this was happening.

“So who is it? Wil or me?” Josh harshly asked again.

My heart was screaming Josh’s name so loudly but my brain wouldn’t function and when I opened my mouth to say Josh’s name nothing came out, only a small squeak.

“Fine,” He angrily grumbled as he started walking off.

“Josh, no!” I called out as I started chasing after him once my brain finally started cooperating with me. “Josh please don’t leave.”

“Kirstie,” Josh sighed. “You have no idea how much this is killing me to leave, please don’t make it harder than it already is.”

then don’t leave!” I begged him.

“I have to,” He loudly sighed.

“I love you Josh,” I said as tears started flowing. “Don’t you love me too?”

“I do love you, I love you so much but when you really love someone the way that I love you, you have to be able to let them go and if you want to be with Wil then I have to let you. I want you to be happy even if it kills me in the process.”

”But I don’t want to be with Wil, I want to be with you Josh!” I cried.

“I’m not sure that you do,” He softly said. “And because of that I have to let you decide, and I have to let you go.”

“But I love you,” I bawled.

“Kirstie… I have to go,” Josh said. I could by the look in his eyes this was killing him but I just don’t understand why he won’t stay.

He gave me one last kiss and whispered, ’I love you Kirstie’ next to my ear before walking away.

I stood there trembling from my tears as I watched the man I loved walk out of my life, leaving me standing there with a broken heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
awww :(
comments?

Josh and Kirstie