The Way She Wears My Clothes

9-

I can’t deny that pretending I was my old self was a lot more fun than I expected it to be. I hit on too many women, drank too much whiskey and wound up in the bed of the hottest woman in the bar. Of course, it was just like I expected, but it was a lot more enjoyable than I thought it was going to be. I thought I’d have to pretend to be happy while inside, I was sulking. But it wasn’t like that at all. I had fun. And I wasn’t just pretending. I could feel that side of me, that old me that had been dormant for way too long, beginning to wake up.

I was glad of it too. I hated myself for letting that side go. Who was I if I wasn’t Jack Barakat, the guy who fucked girls and drank too much? No one I wanted to be, that’s for sure.

So the next morning, I called a cab and headed back to the hotel, missing a sock and my shirt. I had borrowed one of hers, unfortunately and unlike women, I did not look as good in their clothes as they did in mine. I covered it up with my hoodie, which smelled of beer and whiskey, hoping that I could get into the shower and dispose of the shirt before anyone noticed.

I’m not that lucky, however.

I walked in and glanced around, looking for any signs of life. I could hear someone’s even breathing, shallow and steady as I tiptoed past Alex’s bed, where he was passed out. I smiled and unzipped my sweatshirt, peeling it off and tossing it onto the empty bed meant for me. I kicked off my shoes and peeled off my socks shortly after. I walked towards the bathroom, only to stumble over a sleeping figure. The figured sat up grumpily, growling. I recognized the short black hair, and angry brown eyes immediately. And I knew just as immediately he wasn’t happy with me.

“Hi Matt,” I said with an almost cheeky grin.

“It’s about time you fucking turned up, Barakat!” he snarled. Oh, he was not happy one single bit.

“Sorry, Mom, just thought I’d spend the night at my friend’s house. Sorry, I didn’t call,” I said sarcastically. He glared.

“Don’t get smart with me, Jack. You disappear for the night, without a single note and then you just show up here, like everything’s just fine and dandy. Do you know how hard it is to keep track of you when you have your phone on? Then add on that you either turned your phone off or lost it, and there’s no chance of making sure you’re even alive!” Flyzik growled, standing up in front of me, blocking me from the bathroom. I just wanted a shower, goddamn it! Why was that too much to ask for before I was screamed at?

“Matt, can you shut up?” Alex groaned from the other bed.

“No! Your friend jus-”

“My friend was fucking the hottest chick in the bar. Leave him alone, you loud bastard!” Alex snapped, suddenly jumping out of the bed at a speed that was almost inhuman, at least for Alex.

“Alex, he can-”

“Yes, he can, Matthew. Now shut up and get out so I can have a talk with Jack about his choice of fashion this morning.”

I hung my head at that comment as Matt huffed and stalked out, his steps moody as his voice had been. I collapsed onto my bed and stared at Alex who stood over me.

“Well, how was your night?” he asked suggestively.

“I don’t remember, honestly. I was too drunk to remember actually being with her. She was hot though,” I said, looking up at Alex. “Shouldn’t you be hung over?”

“I didn’t drink all that much last night. Sierra couldn’t so,” he stopped and shrugged.

“You’re adorable, really. Just ask her out.”

“She’ll say no.”

“You don’t know that, Alex. Why not just give it a shot?”

“Because, I’m waiting until we know each other better.”

“Come on, Alex. One day. Ask her on one date so you can get to know each other!” I said, sitting up. Alex sat down on the bed next to me, running a hand through his hair.

“She’ll say no,” he repeated. He sighed and then continued, “I don’t want to fuck this up. I don’t want to lose her because I messed this up, because I went too fast. It’s happened before. She- I like her too much for that.”

“Oh, Alex, you pitiful bastard,” I sighed and hugged him. He snuggled his head into my neck and, quickly, passed out in my arms. I chuckled and moved him so we were laying on my bed. I closed my eyes, only for a moment, but when I woke up, both Zack and Rian were gathered around the bed.

“Hi,” I croaked out.

“You two look like the gayest couple alive right now,” Zack stated.

“Why’s that?” I asked, looking down at Alex and only seeing his brown mess of hair.

“Well, you wearing a girl’s shirt and Alex is in boxers, not to mention how cozy you two look. It does nothing to quell the rumors,” Rian said. I shrugged and brushed Alex’s soft, mat of hair away from his peaceful face.

“I don’t care,” Alex muttered.

“Morning, sweetheart,” I said, just to complete the picture for Rian.

“Good mornin’,” Alex mumbled softly into my skin. I knew how this looked, and to be honest, this wasn’t the first time Alex and I had woken up like this. It was just so easy to be comfortable around Alex, he was my best friend after all. Who cares if people thought we spent our nights fucking each other and our days making kissy faces at each other? It wasn’t any of their business, and anybody with half a brain could see that.

“Why are you wearing a girl’s shirt anyway?” Alex asked.

“I nabbed it off that hot chick this morning. I lost mine somewhere so, yeah. Let’s not talk about this anymore.” Alex rolled off of me and sat up, looking at me then at the boys.

“I need to shower,” I announced, pushing myself up off the bed. Alex smacked my ass as I passed him.

“Can I join?” he called.

“Not in front of the children, Alex,” I scolded and shut the door behind me. My friends, I swear, will be the death of me some day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys! Guys!
Look!
A chapter on time for once! :D
Now, I have to go work on Chapter Two of my Christmas sequel to Every Scar Marks Its Place.
I loves you allllllllls!

Another Kayti-got-bored-and-made-a-banner Banner

DFTBA,
Rory The Roman