Status: Active-ish

Finding Me Out

Well if you wanted honesty, that's all you had to say

He never called. I waited with my phone next to me all evening and he never called.

To say I was upset would be an understatement. He knew I liked him, it was obvious. I embarrassed myself and he was probably laughing about it right now behind my back. And now I was stuck sitting behind the counter of the electronics store I worked at, waiting for something to happen to distract myself from thoughts of Demitri.

It was hard to distract yourself when there was nothing to distract yourself with. It was Tuesday, and everyone knew that nothing happened on Tuesdays. The mall was far quieter than usual and there hadn’t been a customer in the store for a good twenty minutes. I couldn’t even be relieved that my shift finished in ten minutes because finishing work meant walking past Demitri.

Would he make an excuse? Would he apologize? Would he tell me straight up that he wasn’t interested? Would he be there at all? Oh god, what if he wasn’t there. Should I wait around if he isn’t? Would that make me desperate? I think it would. Shit.

There was nothing to do here. Sometimes on slow days I’d go over to the video game displays and play whatever new game was connected to the Xbox in the display case. I’d be doing that now if I hadn’t got in trouble about it last time when another employee came in to get something they’d left behind and found me playing the new Halo.

So I rested my head in my hands on top of the clear glass of the counter and closed my eyes, waiting for something to happen. Eight minutes until Madison should supposedly arrive and take over. There were usually more people working at a time, on Tuesdays however, our boss just had one person at a time working due to the general lack of people around.

The sound of the automated door sliding open made me jump a little. It was just Madison, arriving three minutes early and smiling as she dumped her bag behind the counter, next to where I was sitting.

“Hey Oli,” she smiled at me as I slid off my seat and yawned. I returned her smile and nodded, Madison was nice.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, right? You working normal time?” I asked her as I started walking towards the door, pausing for a moment and turning to her to hear her answer. We usually worked the same shifts on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, which had led to us becoming pretty well acquainted with each other, even if we never talked outside work.

“Sure am, see ya then! And I expect a full update about the Demitri situation,” she smirked playfully as I left. She usually listened to my dreamy or frustrated ramblings about Demitri, however much it embarrassed me to admit I talked about him to my colleagues. Well, just the one colleague really.

“Whatever,” I just laughed, exiting the store and heading towards the carpark, dreading the meeting with Demitri which would almost certainly take place in the next few minutes.

He wasn’t there. I slowed down my walking a little when I got within the range of where we usually met just to make sure I didn’t miss him, being a little early today. He wasn’t there.

Well, fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is basically just to show that Oliver does, in fact, have a life outside talking to Demitri. Granted, kind of an epic phail boring life but still a life.
This is pessimistic cause I've been listening to old MCR and reading sad stories which made me decide he should not show up. Don't worry though, the sun will come out tomorrow or something XD You guys should be proud of me, it's almost 4am and I'm still up so I can post this chapter. Granted, I'd probly still be up anyways cause I'm a lazy bitch who never goes to bed before 3am in the holidays but ANYWAYS...
Big thanks to my sexy commenters:
Annalia
you amaze me.

for making me smile with their niceness (: You have no idea how cool it was to get on mibba again after I'd closed everything then decided to write and ended up finishing the chapter and so I go to post it and WAHBAM, new comment. I was like FUCK YESSS! on the inside.

Still looking for a co-author on the slightly MCR related but not really original slash I have in mind. Please comment me if you're interested! :D
Fuck, my A/N's are always too long. SORRY!
Last little note:
THIRTY SUBSCIRBERS, FIVE FUCKING STARS! I AM SO HAPPY! :D Now if you guys could all just comment I would marry you all and update way quicker.

P.S, go read this, my newest slash for a contest!