Status: Feeling inspired 11/6/15

Meant to Be

Thirteen

“Hey you!” Brendon yelled as he turned back around.

Kyle froze in place and turned around and saw how angry Brendon looked as he walked towards him. Brendon narrowed his eyes and raised a shaky fist, but slowly put it back down.

“Who the hell do you think you are? Getting my girlfriend drunk and trying to sleep with her! What kind of guy does that?” Brendon asked angrily.

Kyle looked at him confused and scratched the back of his head. “What are you talking about? Is that what Kayla told you happened that night?”

“Well isn’t it?” Brendon questioned.

“No,” Kyle answered shaking his head. “It wasn’t.” Brendon stood there waiting for him to go on. “Look, I don’t know what happened before I got there, but when I did, she was making drinks and being pretty flirty with the other guy she brought home,” Kyle explained.

“And why did you come over?” Brendon asked still trying to understand the situation.

“She texted me that she wanted to have fun tonight, for me to come over, and that I wouldn’t regret it.”

Brendon shook his head. “But why you though?”

Kyle looked down at the concrete, licked his lips, and looked back up at Brendon. “It was back in two thousand nine, February, when you and the band were still on tour. Kayla called me, crying how lonely she was and upset that you were gone and asked me to go over. One thing led to another and we slept together. After that, it became a thing when you were gone,” Kyle finished, flinching just a little thinking Brendon would do something to him.

However, Brendon just stood there, almost dumbstruck by what he just heard. Did he really not notice this going on behind his back for nearly two years? Was he really blinded by his love for Kayla not to realize all this? He couldn’t believe she had played him for a fool. But Brendon still wasn’t that convinced, he had to know for sure.

“So were you going up to see her or something?” Brendon asked motioning towards his apartment.

Kyle looked behind him and shook his head. “No, but how is she? How she doing?”

Brendon bit his bottom lip and looked down and then back up at Kyle. “She’s okay,” he said shrugging his shoulders. “Since you two are so close, I’m sure you knew about the baby.”

Kyle silently nodded his head. “She mentioned it. So how-how’s she and the baby?”

“Um…she, we lost the baby three months ago,” he almost whispered.

Kyle’s face contorted into bewilderment and sadness. “Wha-what?”

Brendon hadn’t noticed the tears in Kyle’s eyes until he heard him whimper and bury his face in his hands. He was taken aback by what he saw and a bit alarmed. He took a minute to assess the situation and it finally clicked. Now he knew why he didn’t cry when he heard the news.

“It wasn’t my baby was it?” he asked in a low tone.

All Kyle could do was shake his head.

--| |--


“Do you think Jason will ever find out you’re pregnant?” Charlotte asked out of the blue.

After revealing the sex of the baby, Charlotte had immediately suggested they go baby shopping. Olivia didn’t need to think twice about it; she had been wanting to go shop for the baby for quite some time, but for some reason or another didn’t.

Olivia hadn’t really given it much thought – whether Jason would ever find out about her pregnancy. She had disposed the test in a trashcan outside their apartment and didn’t mention it anyone other than Charlotte at the time. And if he did know, he wouldn’t have waited five months to take action.

“I don’t think so. Only you guys know and I don’t think any of you are speaking to Jason. Plus, he really doesn’t have a say in anything,” Olivia responded as she looked through a rack of baby clothes.

“But you’re sure it’s Brendon’s right? I mean, Jason won’t have a reason to want a paternity test or something if he found out?” Charlotte questioned.

Olivia looked in her direction and placed her hands on her hips. “Is this your way of telling me that you told Jason and he’s going to be coming here demanding a paternity test?”

Charlotte laughed and waved off Olivia’s question. “No of course not. I just don’t want any unnecessary drama for you, because this little one,” she said rubbing Olivia’s belly, “does not need you stressing out.”

“Right, so let’s get back to shopping shall we?” Olivia said turning away to continue looking for clothes.

“Fine, but I think we have enough clothes. Let’s look at cribs!” Charlotte suggested grabbing Olivia’s wrist and pulling her along. “So,” Charlotte began.

Olivia sighed and rolled her eyes. “What?”

“Isn’t Brendon’s girlfriend going to pop soon? Like in days?”

Olivia shook her head. “Didn’t I tell you Brendon lied about her being pregnant when he left?” Charlotte followed with the same gesture. “Well he did and now she’s just around six months, so I wouldn’t say she’s going to pop soon.”

“Wait what? If he lied about her being pregnant, how is she pregnant now?” Charlotte asked confusedly.

“Well when he got back to California, she told him she was pregnant. So in a way he wasn’t exactly lying, just about how many months she was.”

“Oh. Do you think he’s happy?”

Olivia shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know. I hope so. Even for what she did, Kayla was annoyingly very nice to me when I met her, so I don’t really hate her, but I don’t like her either. I just wish them the best.”

“Well it seems like you’re moving on. And I’m glad, because I really like that guy Travis you’re always with,” Charlotte teased.

“We’re just friends and I’m not always with him. He’s just being a very supportive friend, which is what I need right now.”

“Doesn’t mean it can’t develop into something more,” Charlotte chimed.

But Olivia knew it couldn’t develop into anything more if she was still in love with Brendon.

--| |--


“Don’t even bother coming back here, I’m having the locks changed, so make sure you have all your things.”

Brendon leaned against the doorway of his bedroom, watching as Kayla packed away her things. Anger didn’t even begin to describe his emotion at the moment. He couldn’t believe someone could be so vindictive as to lie about who the real father was of a baby.

“We could’ve been a happy family. You would’ve made a great dad,” she responded.

“Not when the real father of your baby was trying to make the effort of being there. Did you know he wanted to be part of the baby’s life? To have the baby know he was its father? No of course not, because you were only thinking about yourself,” he spat back.

She rose from the floor and turned to him. “That’s not true. I lied for the baby. I wanted to make sure we’d be taken care of and that wouldn’t have happened with Kyle. That’s why I chose you,” she almost whispered.

Brendon narrowed his eyes. “You think I would’ve done a better job than him? Just because I have money? That’s not how parenting works Kayla. Don’t you know how unprepared I am about being a father?” She was about to speak, but Brendon cut her off. “Just finish packing; I want you out by tonight.”

It was late by the time Kayla finished gathering her things together, but Brendon stayed up to see her out. He couldn’t even stand looking at her anymore.

“I’m really sorry,” she whispered.

Brendon shook his head angrily. “I don’t believe anything you say anymore, so just go,” he said showing her out the door.

He had already called a cab for her and given her money for it; he did feel slightly horrible for throwing her out this late. After he closed and locked his door, he yelled out in anger and frustration, punching a hole in one of the walls. Brendon eventually made his way to his couch and buried his face in his hands. All his time and effort had been put into his relationship with Kayla, only to be lied to about everything, when he could’ve been looking for Olivia in Vegas.

“Fuck,” he said under his breath.

After cooling off some more, Brendon grabbed his phone from his pocket and quickly searched for the email Olivia had sent him three months ago. He hesitantly pressed the reply button – not caring that she told him not to answer back.

Liv,

I’m coming for you whether you want me to or not.

I still love you,
Brendon


--| |--


Charlotte and Olivia were enjoying a nice dinner together, talking, and laughing about random things that were brought up in conversation.

“Isn’t Brendon ADD or ADHD or something?” Charlotte asked.

“Yeah, so what?” Olivia asked as she sipped on her drink.

“What if the baby has it? That will be a lot to cope with.”

“Just one of the things I hope the baby doesn’t get from Brendon,” she commented as she reached for her buzzing phone.

She noticed it was an email and when she looked to see who it was from, her eyes widened and her breathing became heavy.

Charlotte looked at her in an alarming manner. “What’s wrong?” she asked worriedly.

“I just got an email.”

“And? Who’s it from? What does it say?” Charlotte asked.

“I don’t know, but it’s from Brendon.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Goodbye Kayla!
And Brendon and Olivia? Oh my, so much going on.