Into Your Icy Blues

Eight.

December 26, 2006

Bob and Jade Bryar made their way through busy O'Hare International Airport the day after Christmas. Their mother had nearly thrown a fit when they informed her they were leaving on the day after Christmas, but Bob had convinced her that the rest of the band was like family and also needed to be visited during the holidays. Soon afterward, the two left a house packed full of relatives.

Two and half hours later they were standing in luggage claim at Newark International Airport. After collecting their luggage, they made their way to the pick-up area with no idea who would be picking them up. Gerard had merely told them that someone would be there, and not to worry. With Gerard Way, it was a bit hard not to worry.

Ten minutes later, a rather nice SUV pulled up to the curb in front of them and Frank Iero hopped out of the driver's seat, grinning as he made his way over to the siblings.

"I hear there might be a few kids who need a ride," he raised his eyebrows as he came to a stop in front of them.

"And so he sends the worst driver of all of us," Bob shook his head as he headed towards to vehicle with his stuff in tow. "Typical."

"Love you, too, Bobby," Frank called after him before turning back to Jade.

"I'm really not that bad," he told her, as if trying to convince her. She merely shrugged her shoulders, lacking anything to say in response. She went to grab her suitcase when Frank was suddenly next to her, grabbing the handle and pulling it towards the car.

"I can carry my own stuff, Iero," she growled, following close behind him, though not making any effort to take the bag from him. He merely laughed before lifting it off the ground and into the back of the vehicle next to her brother's. After shutting the hatchback, he led her to the passenger’s seat and opened the door for her. "Uh... thanks," she muttered before climbing up into the car. He nodded briefly before shutting the door and making his way around to the driver's side and hopping in.

When they arrived at a house about 45 minutes from the airport, Frank once again grabbed her suitcase before she could and carried it into the house. When her brother followed them into the house without his suitcase, she gave him a confused look.

"I'll be staying with Frank," he explained.

"Whose house is this, exactly?"

"Oh, the Ways'"

"Ways' as in, their parent's house?"

"Yep."

"Do they know I'm staying here?!"

"Of course," a somewhat offended voice came from in front of her. Looking up, she saw an indignant Gerard standing in the doorway with his hands resting on his hips. She snorted as he continued. "You think I would have you stay at my parent's house without them knowing?"

"I wouldn't put it past you," she smirked knowingly. Gerard had just tackled her to the floor when an older looking woman appeared in the doorway.

"Gerard Arthur Way, you get off that poor girl this instant." The man's face turned a scarlet red as he quickly stood up and pulled Jade to her feet. "Sorry Jade," he muttered, glaring at her.

"I forgive you, Gerard," she responded, grinning widely.

"You must be Jade," the woman noted, making her way toward the two.

"I am," she nodded. "It's nice to meet you Mrs. Way." After completing her sentence, she realized that this may not be the Ways' mother, and froze for a second, desperately hoping that her assumption was correct.

"You too, sweetie," the woman smiled softly, wrapping her in a gentle hug. Beaming, she pulled away. "Come on into the kitchen, Jade. Dinner's just about to be served." Sticking her tongue out at Gerard briefly, she quickly followed the woman into the kitchen. She heard several bursts of laughter in the room she had been in seconds before.

"So, how old are you?" The Way family, Bob, Jade, Frank and Eliza were gathered around the dinner table. They were a bit squished, but Jade liked it. At the moment, the Way parents were asking her various questions. Jade was a bit amused that the Way brothers had invited her to stay in their parent's house without telling them anything other than her name.

"I'm twenty-four," she answered. Mrs. Way nodded.

"You and your brother could pass off as twins, easily," she marveled, looking between the two of them a few times. "Same gorgeous hair and eyes." Jade let a smile grace her lips.

"Thank you," she said softly, looking down at her nearly full plate.

There was a brief silence before the table was alive once again with several conversations between its various occupants.

Later that night, Jade lay on the bed of the small guest room she would be spending the next few nights in. The rest of the guys had decided to go out to see a few old friends. She, on the other hand, had taken a long shower and was now buried in the covers of the bed reading a book.

Suddenly, she heard a light knock on the door of her room before Mikey stuck his head into the room. Smiling lightly, she beckoned him in. He slipped in the room, and was no sooner followed by Frank.

"Hey guys. What brings you here?"

"We're lonely," Mikey pouted, sitting down at the end of the bed.

"And bored," Frank added, sitting himself in the seat in front of the small desk next to the bed.

"When did you get home?" she wondered. She hadn't heard the front door, or any door, for that matter, open or close.

"Half an hour ago," Frank responded, amused. "You didn't hear us?"

"No," she admitted, shutting her book and setting it down on the desk. "Where's Gerard?"

"With Eliza." Mikey looked slightly disgusted. "They kicked us out of the basement." Jade wrinkled her nose up as well.

"Lovely," she murmured, sitting up in bed. Seeing both boys eyes glance at her chest before flying away, she remembered that she was wearing a tight fitting white camisole. She had assumed she would be by herself until morning. Grimacing a bit, she pulled a pillow in front of her upper body and pulled her legs up in front of her. Sensing her discomfort, Frank had pulled off the black and grey striped hoodie he was wearing and tossed it at her. Glancing at him a bit questioningly, he shrugged and let his eyes wander away from her. She slid the hoodie on.

"So," Mikey started. "How will you be entertaining us?" At this comment, Jade wrinkled her nose a bit and Frank let out an amused laugh. "I didn't mean it like that!" the now pink-faced boy screeched.

"You'd better hope not," Jade warned, pointing a finger at him.

"We could watch a movie?" Mikey said quickly in an attempt to change the subject.

"DVDs are over there," she waved her hand at the case sitting next to the television. Both boys hurried over to the case and began riffling through it. Five minutes of arguing later, the two clamored back to the bed, each holding one of the Saw movies.

"Tell him we should watch Saw 1 before we watch Saw 2," Mikey demanded.

"Why wouldn't we?" Jade questioned, squinting her eyes slightly as him.

"Ask him."

"Stop talking about me like I'm not standing right here," Frank huffed, throwing himself down on the bed.

"Saw 1 it is!" Jade announced, hopping up from the bed to put the DVD in. When the menu screen appeared, she launched herself back onto the bed. Noticing the two boys were still sitting awkwardly at the end of the bed, she chuckled a bit. "You can sit up here, you know. I don't bite." Mikey was instantly next to her, and a somewhat hesitant Frank slid in on Jade's other side a moment later. Satisfied, Jade hit the play button.

"Well this is interesting." Opening her eyes slowly, Jade saw Gerard standing next to her bed smirking. Blinking a few times, she realized that one of her arms was draped across Mikey's chest and her head buried in his side. Then she realized that a very tattooed arm was draped around her midsection. At the end of that arm was a hand with a silver ring on its ring finger. Her eyes flew shut for a second, hoping she was having some sort of nightmare. When she peeled them open again, she was met with two pairs of eyes on her. Both brothers were grinning stupidly at her.

"Shut up," she muttered, removing her arm from around the younger brother, but leaving her head tucked under his arm. Just as she shut her eyes again, a bright flash went off. Her eyes shot open to reveal the older Way standing at the end of the bed with his cell phone in hand.

"So cute," he cooed, looking down at the camera. She growled before wrestling Frank's arms off of her and jumping out of the bed to chase him out of the room.

"You're a dead man, Way," she called after him, nearly tripping over her long pajama bottoms a few times as she chased him down the stairs. When she reached the bottom of the stairs, Gerard was wrenching the front door open and hurrying out of the house. Muttering obscenities under her breath, she took off after him.

Minutes later, she had yet to catch him as he made his way back into the house, out of breath. Just as he pulled the front door open again, she tackled him onto the carpeted floor of the front room. Grinning triumphantly, she retrieved the device from his clenched hand and attempted to figure out how to view the pictures that had been taken. As she struggled to find the correct button, she heard several snickers from somewhere near her. Glancing up revealed that Mikey, Alicia, Eliza, Ray, Bob, and a tired looking Frank all occupied the room and were watching them in amusement. Snarling, she climbed off of the eldest Way brother and stalked over to his younger brother.

"How the hell do I look at the pictures on this stupid thing?" she demanded. Mikey grinned a bit before taking it from her and hitting a single button to reveal the picture his brother had taken earlier that morning.

"Aw, we're cute," he grinned, showing her the picture that, admittedly, was a bit cute.

"Whatever," she muttered, trying to hide the smile that had made its way onto her face. The man no sooner hurried over to the group that had gathered in the doorway and began passing the damn thing around. Groaning, Jade spun around and made her way into the kitchen, ignoring the awing coming from behind her. "Stupid Gerard," she muttered, pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"So," Bob Bryar started as he and his sister sat in the guest bedroom she had been staying in. "You and Frankie boy looked a bit cozy in that picture."

"He had his arm around me!" Jade defended, becoming a bit fed up with the whole ordeal. "I was cuddled into Mikey!"

"So you like Mikey, then?"

"No! He's just comfy."

"So you don't like Mikey or Frank?"

"No, Robert, I don't."

"Do you like any of my friends?"

"I like all of the boys just fine, just not in that sense."

"You're sure."

"Yes, I'm sure. Why, do you want me to?"

"No! I like things the way they are just fine. No need for change."

"Me, too. So drop it."

"Consider it dropped."

"Jaaadey!"

"What, Raymond." The man looked deep in thought for a minute.

"Is Jade your full name?"

"Yes, Ray, I don't have a middle or last name."

"Ohhh, what's your middle name?"

"Mind your own business, Toro."

"Humph. Well. Anyway. You. And Frank."

"No! Not me and Frank! Me and myself. Me, myself, and I. Jade plus boy equals no."

"Jade plus who equals yes?"

"… I've always wanted a dog."

"We should get you a dog. Frank likes dogs. He's got three."

"I'm going to kill you now, Raymond Manuel Toro."