Three Cheers For The Jet Set Life

Out Of My Life

Dakota's POV

Five weeks had passed since I had said goodbye to Gerard as hard as it was in the end, it was for the best. And with the girls it was the right decision musically we had done, we were getting along better then ever and really forming that close friendship we all used to have.

As for writing music to me this was some of the best we had ever come up with lyrically there was nothing denying us that we were going to be a force to reckon with, that this album was indeed going to be one of the best we had ever done.

Emotionally I was learning to overcome everything, I knew it was going to take time and as the therapist had explained it was best to take it one day at a time, not to rush anything as then I would have gotten no where and I'd have to start all over again.

Maybe it had been a short time but I could even feel things were getting better as weird as it may have sounded I was feeling refreshed, rejuvenated on how simple my life could be when there was no stress involved.

In the opening week of being in LA the girls and I had literally gotten trashed but having woken the next morning and feeling like crap, I'd decided there and then that was the end, no more drinking, that lifestyle I needed to give up. Not that I had a problem, it was more due to the fact that I just always wanted to have a clear head.

In my life I had already gone through so much, I wanted nothing to push me over the edge. Not that it thought it would I just needed to have that clear mind, it was out with the old and in with the new.

Another week had passed and I could tell the girls were itching to get back to Jersey especially Coco who seemed to be lost though I was sure she was loving LA it was just here in LA it was very fast moving where as Jersey was more laid back. And with Coco she didn’t accept change very well.

I myself didn’t mind that I was here, it felt like this was the best decision I'd ever made in having time to myself as well. Money was a little tight, but my parents had been helpful lending me money when it was needed along with the other girls who were all like sisters to me and daughter's to my parents.

Getting up one morning from the apartment we were renting, I looked towards the answering service to see that there was one message flashing; walking over to it I pressed the silver little button and was shocked at what I heard.

"Hi girls, It's Preston, I got your number from your label…the reason I'm calling is that I received a call from Brian Schechter, who is interested in becoming your manager, if you girls are up for it. He knows that you’re currently looking but doesn’t want to pressure, if you could please give him a call back on 5556-4589. Hope your all well"

Sinking on the floor, it seemed like all in one go the thought of Jeff had come in to my mind, I had no idea who a Brian Schechter was nor did I really care, having a manager for me was the last thing.

Thinking of having a new manager was daunting, especially after the last manager we had, was the one that was wanting to destroy my life, with that all I could now think of was the horrible things that bastard had done to me, though the time had passed the wounds were still fresh and thoughts of him made me shiver.

It was as though I was reliving it all over again, and I was working so hard to put it all behind me.

There was so much temptation to just delete the message. But I knew that I couldnt it wouldnt have been fair to the others as we were in dire need of a new manager and knowing that someone actually wanted to work with us, meant that we were also getting power with in the industry to choose who we wanted, not who the lable appointed us.

Deciding the best thing to do was let them know, I knocked on all their bedroom doors and waited for them to slowly appear in the lounge area where I was standing.

It was so funny to watch even when waking them up early if it had been a normal day they would have all been cracking it and swear words would have been flying left right and centre.

Where as now it seemed like the time we’d had here had not only affected me but also the girls as well in moods along with their persona’s.

As they gathered and looked towards me unsure of what I was going to say, I decided to say nothing and replayed the voice message that was left by Preston, as they listened I could see there facial expressions change from pure sleepiness to excitement.

Once the voice message finished all looked towards me waiting for an answer I knew what all of them wanted and well who was I to stop then.

I needed it too, it was all part of my fresh start in letting go.

“I think we should look in to.” I replied with a whisper, still having no idea who this Brian dude was besides knowing he wanted us as a band, to be our manager.

As soon as the girls saw the spread across my face, they new it was time getting all up at once, they pounce on me as I fell to the ground in a fit of giggles.

“Jeez, if it’s been that boring...why didn’t you guys say something earlier.” I asked.

Coco responded. “We didn’t want to upset you...and you have been doing so well.”

“Well I guess I am ready to get in to the music side of it and that.”

“Thank FUCK...Jersey here we come, HOME.” Coco exclaimed.

I let out a laugh.

Time passed quickly, Jay had taken on the responsibility of calling Preston to arrange an appointment with this Brian dude back in Jersey, so it was planned that after being in LA for nearly two months and feeling better as a person and finally having Gerard out of my system, though the love I felt I knew was always going to stay there.

It was time to pack to come back to good old Jersey, where I knew I would face more demons as I would have to adjust yet again back to the Jersey way, but I was more determined to over come it all and become a better person out of it and with a new manager more then likely on the way...life was getting better.

Gerard’s POV

As my phone rang I could see that Brian was calling answering I waited for him to respond.

“I’m meeting them in two days.”

With that the call ended my plan was now in action, In two days my manager Brian more then likely was going to become the manager of Landslide which for me would mean that yet again, I’d finally see Dakota after all that time apart.

I had no idea how she was feeling, but as I had told her when she was leaving...I was gonna wait and I had been, but captivated by her. I was in love and I needed her more then anything. Not having her apart of my life was slowly tearing me apart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment...tell me what you think of the first chapter.