Three Cheers For The Jet Set Life

Back Home

Dakota’s POV

As we arrived back in Jersey after having been gone for awhile it was actually nice to be back in a familiar place where I knew where every thing was, tomorrow we would be heading to reprise records to have that meeting with Brian, the girls were throughly excited and I myself was looking forward to it as well.

Hopefully this guy was a nice dude and though if we wanted him to be our manager would still allow us to have creative reign. That was one thing I had liked that with this band we were all so creative and all in different aspects, so when put together there would be so many thought’s that would fly around until eventually we came to a decision.

Leaving the airport after grabbing our bags we went unnoticed, which I was grateful for as I was sure what had happened to me would have been splashed all over the news and I dint want to be known as that girl.

Hailing a cab we went two with two as with all our luggage it wasn’t going to fit with one cab, getting in to the car with Coco we both sat in the back with half our luggage around us as since being in LA we had accumulated so much.

Giving directions before I knew it we had arrived back at the beautiful apartment we all called home, some people would wonder how could I live with the girls that I worked with but I wouldn’t want it any other way, we all had our up and downs but in the end we were like sisters nothing could nor would ever break that bond that we had.

Paying the driver, we had arrived before Jay and Mac which was pretty cool. The first thing I wanted to do was sleep in my own bed but I knew that I’d have to call my parents, Coco was already on her phone and by her squeals I could only assume it was Frank.

Since we had been away there friendship with one another had fully bloomed that when Frank had been in LA to get a tattoo done of his grandfather, Coco had met him up with him and we didn’t see her till the next day.

There was certainly something there with them, however neither would admit it. It seemed like Coco had been right all along her and Frank were truly soul mates if only they could both see that as they both deserved to be with one another, maybe I was being bias as Coco was my best friend but I didn’t care. They were meant for each other and that was all there was to it.

Unlocking the door to the apartment and walking in I was shocked to finally be back home, this truly was home for me and deep down I was glad to be back but also a little scared however I was sure I’d be able to overcome that fear.

Slumping on the sofa it truly felt good to be home, picking up my phone I dialed my mother’s number.

“Hello.”

“Hey Mom.”

“Dakota...How are you darling, How’s sunny LA?”

“I’m back in Jersey.”

“Really oh how wonderful...when did you get back?” Wanda replied.

“Um...a few minutes ago.”

“Why didn’t you let your father and I know you were coming we could have gotten you from the airport, how are you doing?”

“It was a last minute decision, we have a meeting tomorrow for a new manager so we are pretty excited. And I’m doing pretty good its great to finally be back home.”

“Honey that’s great.”

“Well Mom, I gotta go...I’ll talk to you later.” I replied after saying goodbye and hanging up.

By now Jay and Mac had also arrived and both went straight to their rooms as had Coco who had now walked out and was looking towards me with a huge smile on her face. It looked as though she was bursting to say some thing.

“What Coco?” I asked.

“Um...don’t be angry but I invited Frank to come over...he’s on his way now.”

Looking towards her I smiled and replied. “Cokes that’s fine, I haven’t seen Frankie in ages anyways, but I think for now I’m gonna go lie down.” and with that I got up from where I was sitting and headed to my room where I closed the door behind me.

It couldn’t have been more then 10 minutes when I heard a loud knock on the door and then loud squeals from Coco, knowing that I knew Frank had arrived.

Wanting to see him I felt compelled wanting to know how Gerard was, but at the same time scared as I was sure that If he did see me the first thing he would do was go and tell Gerard I was here. And that was the last thing I wanted.

As much as I loved Gerard, my heart and mind had finally moved on and I didn’t want to go back to the past nor have Gerard think there was a chance. Right now the only thing I wanted to do was to be able to focus on me and my band.

Before I had a chance to think of anything else my bedroom door opened with the squeal of Frank’s voice yelling. “Dakota.”
As he bounced on to my bed he grabbed me in to a tackle which landed us both on the floor and in a fit of giggles.

“Hey Frankie.” I managed to reply after I had regained my composure.

“Dakota it has been so long, how are you doing?”

“Really well.” I said with a smile.

After talking with Frank for a short while, I was surprised when he said nothing about Gerard but at the same time happy he hadn’t, especially as I knew he was respecting my wishes and to me that was very sweet.

Gerard’s POV

Getting that phone call from Frank, thrills of excitement ran through my body knowing that Dakota was back in Jersey. I wanted to go and see her right now but I knew she would slam the door in my face.

From what Frank had told me, she seemed refreshed with a new sweet and happy persona. I was extremely proud of her overcoming her demons and her horrible past. I only still wished that I had been there to help her.

But at the same time I now knew that she needed to do it alone in order to find herself. But now she was back and it was a whole new ball game, I was going to do everything I could possibly do to capture her heart yet again.

I’d captured it once so I was sure that I could do it again. Deep down I was sure she still had to feel something, I only hoped that I was right and wasn’t going to make a fool of myself.

If my plan worked out how I hoped it would, after Landslide had signed Brian as there manager he would get them to be a supporting act for us being My Chemical Romance for our Europe and Asia Pacific tour.

Which would mean that she would have to see me everyday and I could see her and from there we could fall in love all over again. But I still needed Landslide as a band to sign Brian as their manager first...that was in Brian’s court and I was sure he would succeed in winning them over.

However I was sure that once Dakota found out Brian was our manager she would say no and I was sure all the girls knew who Brian was, well Coco anyway as she had already met him way back at Projekt Rev, from what Frank had told me she was keeping her mouth shut which I greatly appreciated.

Tomorrow I would finally find out the outcome, I was praying it would go my way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment...what do you guys think so far...do you like it?