Three Cheers For The Jet Set Life

How it First ever Started

**A/N : This should make more sense, however if you haven’t read To The End of Sweet Revenge, it may be a bit confusing.**

The Past, Year 2000...High School
Dakota’s POV

Jed wait up!.” I screamed from the school corridor.

Watching him he instantly turned around, more then likely wondering why I was even talking to him. The truth was I felt sorry for him. Jed was the Jersey geek and except for a few geeky friends no one else liked him. In the next few weeks was going to be our prom and I still didn’t have a date.

So I done a stupid thing or well was actually going to anyways.

AS Jed walked over to me, I stood beside the lockers with my elbow leaning in to them. Where I could see his geeky little face staring at me. I knew I shouldn’t be mean but in my head that’s all that was going through it.

I felt sorry for him and well I wanted him to have a memorable prom, My parents said I was doing the right thing, and that he would always remember it. I sure hoped so.

Standing before me, I watched as he hiked his glasses higher up his nose, damm he looked funny, I had to get the mental picture of Steve Urkel from the show family matters out of my mind.

“Hey Grace.” He gushed with such enthusium, it made me giggle.

“Hey Jed...Look I was wanting to know if you’d go to the prom with me?” I asked so quickly it sounded like a whole lot of mumbles.

He stood there for what seemed like forever before a smile spread across his face.

“Yeh that would be super nice.” Jed replied.

“Cool well I’ll talk to you soon about the details.” I said as I walked away from the lockers and to the car park where my car was parked.

Over the coming weeks, I got more then I was bargained for with Jed, he was so enthralled with the prom. That well I really didn’t need to organise anything which for one I certainly wasn’t complaining.

My friends gave me shit about it, but at the same time I knew I was doing the right thing and hey at least it was going to be memorable for me as well.

So the week before the prom, My dress had been organised, I was going to wear a stapless black dress. It was my colour. It fitted my body perfectly, clung in all the right spots and hid all my flabby bits.
From what Jed had told me, he was going to wear a simple black tux which was great. Maybe the geek would turn in to a hot geek.

I knew there was no chance and I knew that I couldn’t focus on that. Leaving the class room with my books in hand. Maths had been so boring that I had ended up doodling on a piece of paper, to keep me amused. So as I walked out, I was stopped by the hottest guy in school well to me anyway ‘Farren Ray’.

He was the typical school jock blonder hair, blue eyes and such a toned body. Damm it made me melt with lush, but at the same time I couldn’t help but have a crush on him.

“Hey Grace....” He said with such a soothing voice.

“Hi Farren.” I squeaked.

Damm stupid girl, now was not a time to fuck up. Finally my school crush was talking to me.

“You going to the prom?”

I just nodded.

“Wanna go together?”

Fuck, Fuck, Fuck...Did I just hear right? Farren Ray had just asked me to the prom. With the thought of Jed simply leaving my mind, I only had one answer.

“Yes...” I said with such a huge smile I could feel my cheeks hurt.

“Cool I’ll get you at 7!” He said as he simply walked away.

As I left the corridor yet again, it felt like I was floating on air. I knew what I had been asked but I couldn’t believe I had been, walking to the car park and running in to Coco, she started to squeal like a pig on helium.

“Did he ask you? Did he ask you?” she said while the squeals and the snorts continued.

“Yeh he did.” I said as the smile never left my face.

As I drove home and walked in the door, where I dumped my school bag on the counter. The first thing I done was head up to my room.

Thinking of Jed. What was I going to do? I’d asked him, but now Farren had asked me. I couldn’t back out but I had to. My crush had asked me which I never had thought possible. Damm it sucked to be me right now.

The day’s went by and the prom was etching closer, I still had no idea what to say to Jed. Coco had told me to tell him on the night I was sick and that I wasn’t going. And then for sure he wouldn’t turn up. It sounded good, but I was still contemplating other ideas. Really I had nothing.

So on the night of the prom, I done the only thing possible, I called Jed.

“Hey Jed it’s Grace.” I said as I pretended to cough.

“Hey Gracie!.”

“Look um...I feel really sick. I’m not gonna go to the prom tonight.

“Oh...Ok I hope you feel better then.” Jed replied that I could hear the disappointment in the tone of his voice.

Hanging the phone up I felt guilty but that simply went away as the thought of Farren came in to mind.
An hour had passed and I was ready, my hair was simply straightened with the black dress, I wore heels, which I knew was going to ache my feet. But I didn’t care I was going to the prom with the hottest guy in school.

Before I knew it photo’s were being taken as Farren had arrived, then it was off to the limo where I was meet by Coco and her boyfriend Robbie. The four of us were doing a double, it was totally cool.

As we entered the venue, I couldn’t believe how the school gym had been transformed it was amazing. There were ice sculptures everywhere, the theme was a winter wonderland.
This was truly going to be the best night of my life.

Jed’s POV

It sucked that Gracie was sick, but I had bought a ticket so I was gonna go to the prom anyways. Standing on the dance floor, I couldn’t believe what I saw when I turned around. There was Grace with the school jock Farren.

Laughing like there was nothing wrong with her, she had lied. Simply lied to me. Before I knew it our eyes met. Right now I wanted to walk up to her and confront her, but I knew I either get punched or a verbal lashing. And well that I didn’t need I was already teased enough.

Staring at her, she gave me no recognition. From there I knew one day I was going to get Gracie Ackerson back, for the humiliation she had caused me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope this made sence on why this happening, with what Jeff done anyways to Dakota in the past and in To The End Of Sweet Revenge, there will be more even explaining Emmalee's part in it too.