Let's Bend the Rules.

Danny

Danny

I wake up to banging coming from downstairs. I think someone’s banging on the front door. I bolt up, Rhydan is stirring slightly.

“Danny?” She whispers.

“Shh… go back to sleep” I tell her and slip out of the bed. I grab my teeshirt and shove it on. Tom and Harry come out of their rooms, looking confused as I am. Tom’s the only one completely dressed.

“What’s going on?” Tom asks me, as another set of thumps hit the hard wooden door. I shake my head slightly and walk down the stairs. The two follow behind me. I switch on the hall light.

“OPEN THE DOOR!” A voice bellows through the wood. I jump and look at Tom and Harry.

“Is that Dougie?” Harry asks me, then walks to the door. He opens it up a small bit then swings the door open so much it nearly falls off the hinges.
Dougie is standing on the footstep of the house, Zaria in his arms and the rain pelting down on them. It would’ve been a nice image except for the fact that Dougie’s face looks scared to death and Zaria is as white as a sheet, tear streaks going down her face while she clutches her ankle.

“What happened?” I ask, ushering them inside. Dougie brings Zaria into the sitting room and places her on the couch.

“I think she twisted her ankle” Dougie tells us.

“How?” Tom asks, kneeling down next to Dougie, trying to look at the injury, “Zaria, you’re going to have to move your hand” Tom tells her softly. She shakes her head, but Dougie places his hand over hers and removes it gently.

“It’s all you guys’ fault! If you hadn’t locked that bloody door none of this would’ve happened” Dougie snaps… woah he’s pissed off.

“Yeah, but look the two of you aren’t ignoring each other anymore…” I trail off after getting a silencing look from Harry.

“Dougie I think it might be just a sprain, but I’ll drive you to the hospital if you want” Tom offers. He nods his head.

“Zaria we’re bringing you to the hospital just to get it checked out” Dougie tells her. Zaria nods her head, before Tom can even ask I pass him my mum’s car keys. The three walk out of the house, Tom first and Harry shuts the door after them.

“Well that was exciting” Harry mutters, I roll my eyes.

“He likes her way to much” I laugh.

“Yeah… what do you think’ll happen?”
I think for a minute.

“I bet you they’ll end up doing what me and Rhydan are doing, but they’ll blow it” I shrug. Harry laughs. “I’m going to bed, Rhydan might be awake” I tell him and put my foot on the bottom step.

“You didn’t sleep with her did you Danny?” He asks me. I spin around.

“Mate… we’ve been dating for five years-”

“No… I mean tonight” He laughs. Oh right.

“No… we’re in my mum’s house you perv” I laugh. Harry shrugs.

“I had a friend who wanted to do it in his parents’ bed…” Harry tells me. Ew!

“Okay… that friend needs help”
Harry shrugs.

“Yeah…he’s now a woman” He tells me and I can’t help but burst out laughing. I wave goodnight to Harry and make my way back upstairs and into my room.

“Danny?” Rhydan whispers when I close the door.

“It’s me” I reply.

“What happened?” Her voice is sleepy, I have half a guess that she’s not going to remember this in the morning.

“Nothing… it was just Dougie and Zaria” I reply, slinking into the bed next to her, I feel her nod her head and her breathing deepens.

Rhydan

“Wakey wakey” Danny’s deep, croaky voice whispers into my ear. I smile softly, the feeling of his arms are tight around me. I’m in heaven. I place my hand over Danny’s and lie there for a minute without replying.

“C’mon love, time to get up” Danny tells me. I groan and turn around, being closer to Danny than I thought I would.

“Why? What’s the time?” I ask him.

“Seven… we have to get going on the bus… another hour drive” He whispers, “And my mum’s cooking breakfast” He adds with a smile. Danny and his food.

“Okay…” I whisper, closing my eyes. “Call me when it’s time to go”

“You have to eat” He nudges me and I shake my head, my eyes still closed.

“No…I don’t. I’m asleep” I whisper and turn back around. He sighs. Danny’s arms loosen around me and then they’re gone. The bed sinks to the right as Danny sits on his side of the bed, getting dressed. I hear the door open and close and his dull footsteps going down the stairs.

Now I feel lonely, lying in Danny’s bed… in his mum’s house. After five minutes I give up on actually trying to sleep and look around the room. It hasn’t changed since the last time I was here, but I’ve never actually gotten a chance to look around Danny’s old room. I slip out of the bed and go to his wardrobe. Some old things are left in here.

An old jacket, some shirts, a pair of shoes… hmm. Nothing very interesting. I look in Danny’s nightstand, finding surprisingly a book in there. Well that’s new. Danny used to read?! Ha! Funny. It’s an old book, the authors name has faded and the title is hard to read. I flip through it, it’s looks complicated. Woah.

Then I look in the place you should never look in your boyfriend’s old room… under the bed. But I do, because I’m a curious person and can never help it. It only ever dawns on me not to do things after I’ve done them… and sometimes after I’ve been caught.
Under his bed there is a load of junk… clean socks, a punctured football, pens… and magazines. Oh Danny. I actually nearly start laughing.
I pull one out, just curious, it could be a football magazine. Yes I know I doubt it too but still!
And of course I’m wrong, I shake my head at the magazine sitting in my hands.
You pervert Danny.

Suddenly the door opens from behind me, I don’t jump, as I said, I’m used to getting caught in these situations.
“What are you doing on the floor?” Danny asks, amusement in his tone. I turn around to face him, I can only guess that I have a strange look on my face - it feels strange to me at least.

“Just looking at the young Danny” I say smirking. His face falls.

“What did you find?” He asks reluctantly, I hold up the magazine smirking at him. Danny closes his eyes and tries to hide the smile.

“You perverted boy” I laugh and throw the magazine under his bed, stand up and walk to him. Danny’s eyes are still closed. “Well… at least I know you weren’t gay” I laugh into his ear. Danny’s eyes jerk open, he looks so… hmm…. What’s the word?

“You thought I was GAY?!” I shouts and I laugh. Oh this is fun.

“No” I reply, barely able to control my laughter. Awe is face is just PRICELESS! “I know you weren’t gay. Jeez Danny I’m only playing with you” I giggle and hug him, “Breath” I laugh. He takes a deep breath.

“What am I going to do with you?” He sighs, I shrug.

“Send me away as a slave to some person in Malaysia? Am I worth even one camel?” I ask, looking up into his eyes.

Danny shakes his head, “You’re worth so much more” and he bends down and kisses me softly. I sink into the kiss and pull him closer to me.
Danny breaks it… asshole.

“C’mon, we’ve got to go” He says and pulls me towards the chest-of-drawers where my clothes from last night are. He ‘helps’ me get changed and ten minutes later we’re walking down the stairs. I need a shower!
I walk into the kitchen and stop in my tracks.
“Zaria? Dougie… what? When did you come?” I ask them bewildered. Danny laughs.

“Knew it” He mumbles but I ignore him.

“Last night… I jumped out the window-”

“Which was not clever” Dougie adds and points to her ankle. A small bandage is wrapped around it.

“Oh shut it Doug, it’s only bruised” She laughs. I shake my head at her. What an idiot.

“So are you two back on talking terms?” I ask them. Zaria and Dougie look at each other then at me and reply together.
“Nope” I roll my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay... I'm posting another one today, I'm honestly just going to speed this story along because I'm getting fed up with it and I've got a really good story to post which i feel is a MILLION times better than this.
so anyways.... enjoy