Sequel: Just Like His Father

It's Always a Fight Against Time

The Truth Comes Out, Savannah

(Overview)

The guys-

Before even getting to the car, everyone knew something was up with Lucas. Especially after he had been heard fighting with Blaire; the whole ride to the airport and on the plane was dead silence. No one talked to each other much. They just thought about their own things and listened to music or texted, that's about the extent of it.

Blaire-

She was found by Ale after everyone else had left; (Jimmy had gone shopping to buy out the store of all its junk food and then proceeded to the alcohol store to do the same. Meanwhile, Jinx was at work, doing something at a small family owned coffee shop.) Blaire had blood seeping from her nose and head and was unconscious. Ale didn't know what to do, so he called 911.

Ale-

He felt like he was losing everything in his life. First Rain and now Blaire... He broke down in tears and sobs, holding her body in his arms tightly. He couldn't do this again, especially if she wasn't here. She was the only thing keeping him sane, and if she was gone he would be so broken he’d never be able to live on alone.

Lucas-

Was pissed. Not at Blaire... but rather at himself for yelling and screaming at her, for telling her he would leave forever after all. He didn't know she was hurt or that he had done it. He was too wrapped up in rage at that moment to even notice. As he sat on the plane he thought over things. He didn't go about anything in the best way; not at all. He deserved to be hated.

As the guys landed in LAX, they all decided to go to the food “court.” Upon reaching there, they saw the one person they were looking for, Shimmy. Furious, Lucas stormed over to him, only noticing the baby after he brought up his fist to punch the kid in front of him. He stopped instantly, bringing his hand down. The baby boy was holding onto Shimmy's neck for dear life while crying in sobs. Shimmy didn't know what was about to happen and neither did any of them. They all wondered who the kid was.

And why he was with Shimmy.

Blaire was awake; she woke up as she was taken to the ambulance. She never hit her stomach but the pains were enough to kill her. Nothing besides her head was really wrong, she didn't hit that hard. However, the gash in her back was torn open from landing onto a book oddly; letting the blood pool. She only hit her head just enough to knock her out for a little while. She had to get stitched back up and have huge piece of gaze wrapped around her head but that was the brunt of it. Luckily.

-

-Shimmy's pov-

“I don't care why your here, but you are coming with us.” Matt said coldly. He nudged me towards the exit and just like that my “plan” was down the drain. From there we all walked over to the hotel. One single room had been previously booked and I was taken up to it by Matt and a still silent Luca. Then the rest of the guys who I really didn't know all too well sneaked up into it a few minutes afterward.

I was forced onto the bed as 1guy stood over near the window, drawing the blinds closed to the outside. 2 others stood near the door and Matt and Luca both were in front of me.

“Whose the kid?” Lucas asked, I looked up at him and he seemed… I don't really know...

“Kristopher, my son.” I saw the shock and then looked to the ground. Kristopher still held onto me tightly and I know he wouldn't let me go, neither would I let go of him.

“I didn't know you had a kid.” Matt mumbled setting or rather leaning somewhat on the desk in front of the bed.

“Look, can I please explain things? I know you all don't want to hear it and all but I really fucking mean it, I'm sorry I never wanted to hurt Blaire. I agreed to it before I got to know her.” I was shocked they didn't interrupt but then again maybe the whole “I have a kid” thing was enough to shock them silly. Maybe just maybe that alone could work to my advantage. Hopefully.

“Talk.” Lucas said as he sat down against the wall, his knees brought up towards his chest and his arms draped over them. His eyes were shut in thought and his head lay back against the wall.

So I began.

I told them all about Joel, and “Grunge” his fighting name...Matt knew about that. I told them about me meeting her in jail and getting told what to do in order to provide for Kristopher. I told them about my plan as well, how I had to leave now or they would kill me because I wouldn’t go through with what he wants me to. I spilled my guts, spent over 3 hours giving up every tiny bit of information I had...anything that could make them see I was being honest in my words.

Matt sighed and buried his head in his hands after that all.

“What are you going to do to me?” They knew now all about Kristopher, I was the only one to look after and care for him. If they kill me...

“Nothing.” Matt mumbled,

“What! You believe this shit?” One of the short guys said coming over from the window.

“Yeah, Johnny, I do.” Matt countered to my defense; Brian nodded as did the other guy beside him.

“You know, she probably won’t believe you...Blaire. I know she won’t…” Lucas looked up at us all.

-Lucas's pov-

I looked at them all. “You hurt her bad.” I felt my eyes tear up but I blinked them away. He didn't hurt her, I did...

“She's pregnant...” Ignoring the gasps I went on “You almost killed ‘em both,” I looked up at him. “I didn't want to believe her at first when she told me, you... you know. I was too upset with myself for letting her and the baby get hurt. Now though...” I started crying, I admit it. I buried my head in my hands to try and hide it some.

“I hurt her worse than you ever could physically, even by accident.” I choked out “She may not believe you, but she'd at least forgive you Shimmy...” Not me, not now. I shouldn’t have said what I did, the way I did; I shouldn’t have given her the impression I was leaving her forever and that I wasn't coming back. But I screwed up, it just slipped, I didn't know I needed to think long hard about what I was saying, long before it came out of my mouth...but I guess she is emotional with the pregnancy. Man, bite my head off. I'm an idiot. Why are women so damn complicated, one minute they love you next they want to kill you for not liking a new pair of shoes or something trivial like that. God.

“Luc,” (said Luke) I looked over at Zacky. “Blaire will forgive you too. I bet she's sitting at home thinking of how she overreacted. You know she normally isn't this...sensitive, I thought it was because she wasn't allowed to do stuff herself anymore but... It’s just one of those days for her.”

“She'll get over it, they always do.” Matt added. Shrugging I thought to myself, ‘I sure hope so.’

-

-Blaire's pov-

I was awake, I had been as I heard them all (doctors and nurses) talking around me. They acted as though I couldn't hear them, but I could. I was only roughly about 8 weeks pregnant, not even that technically, but I was put on bed rest. Now what? Well, I'm staying in the hospital for about 7 whole months. Yippy! Not.

The doctors tried getting a hold of my mother, and of course…she answered. The one fucking time, and she answers. “They” are apparently on their way down. Evidently her and my still jailed father are divorced which is news to me! And here’s the killer- she has a new fucking “boyfriend...” with a daughter my age. Great. It just keeps getting better and better.

Ale was there when my mother and her new “family” came to the hospital. You know I am reallllllyyyy getting sick of it here, but at least I know how to get on certain nurses nerves. It keeps me somewhat entertained when Ale is gone.

Now, Ale was with me though. My mother came in first, oddly enough not in anything fancy at all...it was the first time I had ever seen her in blue jeans and a simple non-expensive looking blouse, no heels no huge hand bag either, just flip-flops and a small purse. ‘Is she going through a midlife crisis’ that was the first thought in my mind.

“Hey sweetie.” She came over and awkwardly hugged and kissed me; I looked over her shoulder and gave Ale a what-the-hell look. He held in a laugh as she pulled away.

“Hi, Mrs. Blaire.”Ale spoke a bit uneasily.

“It’s just Miss. Hallard now, Ale. I rid myself of that...trash.” Oh-kayy then. “This is Jamie Samuel's and his daughter Savannah. Guys, this is my daughter Valencia and her best friend Ale.” The two people smiled, muttered ‘hellos’ and waved, whichever. I smiled somewhat looking them over.

The man, looked humble you know. Not fancy at all, not in a suit or tie. Just like a normal guy. He had dark graying hair, kind brown eyes, a semi chubby face and that went with his body, he looked nice and my mother seemed to like him so, whatever.

The girl, that's where this gets hard, I did a few double takes, making her uncomfortable I'm sure. She...looked almost exactly like Rain. Seriously, almost identical! I looked over and Ale was quickly tearing up. I knew he was hurt; and as further proof he excused himself and ran out of the room as fast as his walking casts would let him.

The girl looked to me pleading for answers, “You remind him of his girlfriend...she died a few days ago.” She dropped her head in sadness, “but its okay!” (Not really) I added, hoping to make her feel better. “It’s nothing against you,” (as if) “you just are so much like her. Both beautiful…” I mumbled underneath my breath as I trailed off “I love your clothes.” Goooodddd... Fidgeting in my mind, wincing in thought of what I just said.... I'm turning into such a giiiirrrrlllll, like talking about clothes... Ew, not my thing.

“Thanks” She smile hugely. Bingo, it worked and I win suckers. Don't know where that came from, I swear! Hell, I'm glad I didn't say it out loud...talk about embarrassing. Pfew. Am I going insane? Is this a dream? Snap out of it! I shook my head to rid myself of the weird thoughts.

“We would like for you to stay with us.” Jaime said hoping.

“Not without Ale, I'm sorry.” I can’t believe I could possibly actually be thinking about saying yes.

“He can come, there are plenty of rooms and he's welcome.” He went on.

“I'd have to talk to him.” The adults nodded before leaving in search of a bathroom. That left me with Ra-I mean Savannah.

“Are you really pregnant?” She asked.

“How'd you know?” She pointed to the clip board, great.

“My mother; before she died she was a nurse. She would do some filing at her work and I would come and watch. I used to ask her questions about the symbols and lettering and stuff constantly...I just remembered it. Your mom doesn't know does she?” I shook my head “You knew she was pregnant before right?” I looked at her, completely forgetting about that entirely “She lost the baby, your dad I guess pushed her down the steps but I don't know it all, just from what I eavesdropped on.”

I felt sad, that could be me in her shoes. I hate this thing inside me, but I love it too. Love vs hate. What if I was her, my mother? I never even thought about that. All the times she was mean and bitchy to me, even the last time with the parties... I never understood what she could have been going through. What if I were to lose this baby, would I be that broken inside? Would I feel guilty or mad? I just want to see him or her... Know who's it is... See what it looks like and make sure it really is okay and healthy.

“I couldn't imagine being pregnant at your age.” Savannah mumbled.

“How old are you?” I wondered, she doesn’t look that old and she’s supposedly around my age…so.

“Almost 17, next month.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I meant to post this as well as ch14 yesterday but I got really sick, i still am but it isnt as bad... I'll spare details but lets just say I havent slept since Wed at 8am. I'm so tired... Im still gonna try and eidt another chapter though so....

Look for ch 14 soon.