Their Violence, Your Silence.

Sweet Dreams

The ride home was quiet, but it was a comfortable quiet. My lips still tingled from where they'd touched Caleb's and I couldn't refrain myself from reaching up every now and then to touch them.

Every time I did I could see Caleb's lips curve upwards in a smile from the corner of my eye. Then I'd blush furiously and drop my hand to my lap and stare out the window, pretending I didn't just do that.

When we reached my house Caleb got out quickly and opened the door for me. He led me around some new clutter and debris on our front lawn that we hadn't put there for sure and up to the front door.

His warm hand at the small of my back giving me tingles similar to the way my lips still felt. When we stopped in front of the door I started fumbling around to find my keys but Caleb drew my attention quite efficiently when he pushed my closer to him.

'Wins?' he said, his voice a little husky.

All I did was stare up at him, a blush already on my face as I slowly dared wrap my own arms around his waist to hug him back. How he could still be so warm without his jacket was a mystery to me.

His jacket he'd very graciously given to me because I'd been cold with my hair and shoulders wet from that splash of rain water.

'Did you enjoy tonight? You'll tell me if I do something you don't like right?' Caleb said softly right beside my ear before he gently pressed his lips on my temple.

Somehow I found my voice to answer: 'Tonight was amazing Caleb... Except for the running into Marley part. I wish we'd never have to see her again!'

Caleb laughed and pressed me a little closer even, as if he was worried I'd suddenly disappear. 'Don't worry too much about her alright?'

I wasn't of course, what I was worrying about is whether or not Caleb was going to kiss me again. I'd be sorely disappointed if he didn't...

And of course just as I'd thought that he carefully let go off me to step back. He really wasn't going to kiss me again! Was he worried my brother or parents were looking from the house or something?

Where I'd suddenly gotten the guts from I didn't know but I stepped back towards him and wrapped my arms around his neck to pull him down to my level. Then just as I stared into his surprised green eyes I kissed him softly on those even softer lips of his.

Next thing I noticed was Caleb grabbing me around the waist and lifting me clear of the ground. His breath hot on my own lips as we disconnected for a moment. I was dizzy by the time we both pulled back from lack of breath and something much more intense then I'd ever felt before.

Caleb was still holding me off the ground and it seemed completely effortless, but he too was panting.

He smiled at me, 'You're going to be the death of me...' then he softly pecked me on the lips one last time before softly putting me back on my own feet.

'Now you tell your brother that I did behave like a gentleman alright? I feel bad for making out with you like that right in front of him...' But the way he said it made me think he felt anything but bad about it.

I couldn't blame him, I felt anything but bad about it either... Although a little embarrassed that my own brother apparently saw us.

Caleb was nearly at his car when I realized I still had his jacket on. 'Caleb! Your...' but he interrupted me saying: 'You can give it back tomorrow at school.'

I watched him drive away in that sleek black car before turning around to get inside. I wasn't surprised when Jared had already opened the door and was standing there leaned against the doorjamb.

'Had fun sis?' he asked, a frown on his forehead that didn't suit him and his arm crossed over his chest. It showed off the bulging muscles of his arms clearly and suddenly I couldn't blame Caleb for not wanting to kiss me in front of him. Jared could be quite intimidating even to someone like Caleb.

I seemed unable to stop smiling however and I nearly skipped into the house. 'Tonight was amazing Jar.'

'Did he...' Jared started but then stopped himself as he thought about what he really wanted to ask.

I smiled at him, trying to reassure him. 'Jared, he was a perfect gentleman all night! He even gave me his jacket because I was cold... Besides you should be nicer to him, he actually got into a fight trying to protect me. Didn't you see the bruise on his cheek and the bloodstains on his collar?'

It was quiet a moment and then Jared nodded slowly, 'I know he's a good guy Winnie, but I have to make sure. I'm your big brother, I'm supposed to look out for you.'

I met my mom on the stairs and kissed her goodnight, basking in her compliments on my attire and the warm afterglow of Caleb's embrace. I'm pretty sure both my parent's stared after me as I skipped into my bedroom singing to myself.

I fell asleep almost immediately. Caleb's jacket carefully folded next to my pillow so that the scent of diesel, leather and Caleb filled my head.

*~*~*~*~*


When Caleb picked me up the next morning I had already been waiting impatiently at the door for ten minutes. For once looking forward to going to school. Caleb's jacket in my lap as I sat on the bottom stairs.

Wanting to look nice I had on a snug long sleeved shirt in a dark blue color and a new pair of jeans my mom had gotten me with some of the extra money. The dark blue made me look a bit too demure, especially after that rebellious look of last night but I liked how the shirt hugged my curves a bit.

The first thing Caleb did when he saw me was pick me up and kiss me again. He wore one off the biggest smiles I'd ever seen, his green eyes sparkling like emeralds.

Still tingling from head to toe and blushing like mad when he put me down I smiled back at him. Then I frowned, noticing how prominent the bruise on his left cheek was.

'Does it still hurt?'

'Do your bruises still hurt?' came his reply and a bit self conscious I rubbed my throat. A little but mine were a lot older and faded to yellow and green.

'Hmmph, lets go to school,' I told him, pulling him by his hand towards the silver shiny car parked on our curb. One I didn't recognize but that didn't say much of course, his dad had a garage filled with cars and even motorcycles.

Caleb laughed as he followed me, 'Someone's eager today. Going to report everything about last night to your friends are you?'

'No...' I pouted as I sat down, 'Maybe...'

Caleb laughed again as he pulled away smoothly, this car so quiet I could barely hear the engine. It was a little disquieting after driving with Jared for so long, Jared's car sounded like an old coffeepot.

Nobody looked at us as we entered the school. Caleb's arm as always protectively around my waist, to me the gesture was entirely different as before. It felt like I had to right to be beside him now. But I suppose to the others we looked no different then before.

Cass bounded up beside us all of a sudden, 'Going to borrow this for a minute Caleb!' Then she pulled me away from him to the side of the hall.

'This? Since when am I an object?' I asked her a little indignantly. It was hard to frown with her smiling so widely at me.

'Oh shush! How did it go? Are you his girlfriend now? Did you kiss?' she asked, jumping up and down excitedly like a little kid.

'We kissed...' I said slowly, 'Last night was amazing.' But my thoughts we're stuck on the girlfriend question now. Was I his girlfriend? Or were you supposed to officially announce that to each other or something? I had no clue...
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter is nearly ready too ;) I'll post that tonight