Status: A working progress.

Guardian of Nature

Vingt-deux.

He kept quiet after that and held a brooding face which I noticed he tends to wear at school too.
Rhett lead us to a cave-like area where Aiden lives.

It turns out that the reason Tierra was so touchy about Aiden, is because not too long ago a piece of old land was burnt to cinders, leaving nothing but black, ashen ground. Tierra blamed Aiden for this because he didn't do anything to prevent it, but he argued that she was being irrational and that he can't interfere with human actions.

Rhett explained all of this to us when he overheard me talking to Will about her behavior. Rhett said that 'The wind carries the words. He can hear everything.' I was just about ready to blow a raspberry at him for listening in on us.

But I didn't.
I think my maturity level just got bumped up a notch.

--- --- ---


We reached the cave within 20 minutes of walking and talking. The first thing I noticed was that there was a red-orange glow being emitted near the entrance, this was easily spotted as it was nearing night time and it was getting dark, fast.

As we entered a wave of warmth rushed over my bare skin and heated me up at once. Thankfully, it didn't seem to be too hot, just the correct temperature. The person which I assumed to be Aiden, with ginger red hair and warm eyes, was juggling with pure fireballs. Show off I thought, feeling sort of bummed out that I hadn't obtained any super powers during my stay in the forest.

Aiden grinned at us before nonchalantly throwing the fireballs behind him, as if they would evaporate or disappear... Which they did, after bouncing a few times. He then swept into a low bow. 'Aiden, the element of fire.' he greeted, doing a 'jazz hand' as he said fire. 'At your service,' he finished, offering me his hand. I smiled widely and took it, giving it a brief shake.

'I was just getting ready for the Twilight Counsel,' he told us, referring to what I assumed was the next meeting with Aurora. He then burst into flames and was suddenly in a red polo shirt and black skinny. 'Amazing,' I whispered as he cocked an eyebrow and gave a dazzling smile.

'Why don't you tell Cassidy a little bit about yourself?' Rhett asked him, 'Fast facts,' he said, snapping his fingers.
'Sure thing,' Aiden grinned, 'any questions?'
'Uh, yeah,' I began, 'why do you live in cave?'

'Yeahh Aiden,' Rhett scoffed, 'why do you live in a cave?'
Aiden's eyes flamed up for a second, literal flames. But he quickly blinked and shook his head, making it disappear instantly.
'It's a long story, I have a habit of burning things when I'm near dry plants and stuff... and Tierra banned me from coming near her plants,' he said softly, clearly embarrassed.

Danny stifled a laugh next to me and Aiden shot him a deadly look. I bit my lip so that I didn't laugh. I know it's barely funny, but sometimes immaturity needs to take over. We only spoke for a few more minutes before we had to leave for the meeting.

I was happy to find that the cold din't hit us after we left the cave. With Aiden nearby, we stayed warm.