Status: Active

Falling for Eternity

I Promise

I felt a smile form on my cheeks, as a set of lips gently kissed their way along my neck. It was, if not, the perfect way to be woken up.

"Well, good morning."I said, opening my eyes to find a set of blue ones meeting my gaze.

His lips curled into a seductive grin, before he gently wrapped his arms around me, placing a delicate kiss on to my forehead. "Good morning"He replied.

I inhaled in a deep breath, stroking his arms that were wrapped gently around my waist, with the tips of my fingers. Then, closing my eyes I let myself hold on to the moment, as if somehow, we could stay frozen like this.

"What are you thinking?"

I let out a peaceful sigh, allowing my body to completely relax while he held me. "I'm thinking"I began, while still happily entranced in my blissful state of mind, "About how great it feels to have you hold me in you arms, the morning after confessing you loved me."

I smiled almost instantly, when his warm breath reached my neck, awakening every particle of my being. "You want to know what i'm thinking?"He asked, lacing his fingers through mine.

"What?"I answered, turning my head so to stare into his ocean eyes.

I watched as they travelled around my face, stopping at my lips and tracing my cheek bones, before meeting me at eye level.

"How someone .. "He began, "Who is beautiful and sensitive and stronger than she knows, would choose to love somebody without a soul, when she could have anybody she wanted."

I opened my mouth to speak, but fell silent when he continued. "But you know what she taught me?"He said, bringing his hand to caress my cheek. "She taught how to look at something, and visualise the life, the beauty inside of it. I do now, because it's what I see everytime I look at her. And in return, she's found something in me. Something I hope she knows, won't stop loving her, ever."

I caught my breath, instantly bringing my lips to kiss his. There was something in his expression, something in the way his words seemed to echo in my ears long after he had spoken, that not only told me that he meant everything he said, but reminded me of the reason, above all else, that I had fallen in love with him.

* * * * *

"Blake, do you mind if I come in?"

Turning my attention away from the Physics book I was reading, I looked towards my bedroom door to see Elena's petite frame dressed in pyjamas.

"No, ofcourse not."I replied, as she shut the door behind her and made her way towards the bed.

"So, I noticed you weren't here last night when Stefan and I came home."She said, crossing her legs over one another, when she sat down to face me.

"Yeah, I went to see Damon."I replied, setting my book aside. "I wasn't planning on staying long."I continued, "I actually wasn't even planning on leaving the house ... "

She looked confused, "Then, why did you?"

I bit down slowly on my lip, without meeting her gaze. "Tyler came by not long after you left."I spoke.

There was an awkward pause, when I noticed Elena's cheeks flush pink. "Oh"She mumbled.

"We, uh .. we got into a fight and I told him to leave. Turns out, he doesn't think cheating on someone is that big of a deal. And I guess to him it wasn't ... "

I stopped to sigh, feeling my eyes all of a sudden become glassy. Don't you dare cry, Blake.

"And after that?"Elena asked, "What made you decide to go see Damon?"

I breathed in slowly, allowing myself to regain whatever composure I had lost when thinking about Tyler and I's argument.

"Before we started fighting,"I began, "Tyler asked me what it was that was stopping me from going back into a relationship with him. He also told me that he loved me, but he didn't understand why I couldn't admit to feeling the same way .."

Elena's eyes widened, before she broke the silence that had previously occured. "Oh my God."

"He's different when he's with me .. "I said, when I realised she'd worked out what happened.

"But he's Damon."She replied, elongating the syllables of his name. "You know what he's like, Blake. You've seen it, hell you've even witnessed it. Besides, look what happened last time around."

I ran a hand through my hair, thinking of how to reassure her that things were different. "That was before, Elena. When I didn't know what he was, when I didn't know if i'd be okay with it. When I was completely new to the world of vampires. But I know now, and he's what I want. And I know, more than anything, that he won't hurt me."

I held her gaze, as she bit down on to her bottom lip, before bringing her hand to rest on mine.

"Promise me, Blake."She spoke.

I smiled at her reassuringly, before wrapping my arms around her. "I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to all my readers for your patience.
I've been busier than you can imagine, but i'm not giving up on this story.
I love you all way to much to abandon you like that.
Comments, as always would still be wonderful because I adore your feedback.

Chapter Song: Click.