Status: Active

Falling for Eternity

Don't Want To Say 'I Told You So ... '

"Blake, are you up?"Elena asked, her voice sounding from the other side of the door.

"Yeah, come on in"I answered, as I stood infront of the mirror.

"Well good morning"She greeted, handing me a cup of coffee. "I take it someone woke up to an early start"

I smiled, quickly thanking her as I sipped on the warm liquid. "Yeah, I just wanted to get a head start. First day at a new school and all .. "

Elena smiled, as she folded her arms across her chest. "You'll be fine, i'm sure of it"She told me, as I brushed through my wavy brown hair. "Oh, I meant to tell you last night, I usually get a ride with a Stefan in the morning and he said that obviously, he'd be happy to take you too, if you're alright with that ... "

I nodded, "Yeah, ofcourse. That's really kind of him. What time does he usually arrive here at?"I asked, walking over to the bedside table where my make-up bag was situated.

"Around 8:30"Elena replied, running a hand through her hair.

"Awesome, well i'm just gonna finish up getting ready"I said, "Thanks for the wake up call"

"Not that you needed it"Elena quickly added, before a smile appeared on her face.

I laughed lightly, checking my hair in the mirror for what must have been the 100th time.

"Blake"Elena said, before exiting the bedroom. "You look fine"

I nodded my head, as another laugh escaped my lips. Once she was gone, I breathed in and out, slowly exhaling.

"Just Breathe"I told myself, as I began to apply some make-up to my face.

"Blake, Stefan's here"Elena called, as I quickly shoved the last piece of toast in my mouth. I grabbed my bag, swinging it around my shoulder, before saying a rushed 'goodbye!' to Jenna and hurried out of the kitchen and into the hallway.

"Ready?"Elena asked, as we walked outside together. I nodded my head, shooting a smile towards her as I slipped into my brown, leather jacket.

"Good morning ladies"A silky voice spoke, as he rolled down the car window. "Isn't it just a lovely morning?"

"Damon?"Elena questioned, as Stefan then stepped out of the passenger side of the car.

"My car had trouble starting this morning, I should've called, but - "Stefan began.

"No, it's fine. Don't be silly"Elena said, interrupting him.

"If you'd rather, we can walk .. "He suggested, as my eyes travelled to Damon's, who was staring back at me.

"Don't you look dashing this morning"He said, a smile playing on his lips.

"Gotta make a good first impression Damon"I answered, as Elena and Stefan walked towards the car.

"Well, ofcourse. I'm sure you'll be grabbing a lot of people's attention, especially with those legs"He winked.

"Damon"Elena spoke, as Stefan opened the door for us. "Could you just not?"She said, strapping her seat belt in.

"Elena, Elena, Elena"He sighed, "Aren't we a lovely bundle of joy jealous this morning?"

She sighed, before glancing towards me. "Now do you see what I mean about him being an ass!"She whispered, as I softly chuckled.

"I heard that"Damon said, as we drove off, out of the street.

On the way to school, I couldn't help thinking about the previous night. About my .. dream/nightmare. I wasn't exactly sure what to classify it as to be perfectly honest. All I knew was that the best part of it, wasn't getting chased by some kind of monster. It was Damon. It was everything about him. The way he gazed into my eyes, with those deeply blue penetrating ones of his that I swore, could see right into the depths of my very soul. The way he held me, caressing me softly in his arms. And ofcourse, the way he kissed me. The way his lips seemed to fit together with mine perfectly. The way he seemed to instantly heal me, making me forget all about whatever I had been running from, just by kissing me. If it weren't so cliche, i'd call it magical.

"Alright children, have a good day"Damon said, as he pulled up infront of the school.

"With the way it started, not likely"Elena said, shooting him a fake smile before quickly exiting the car.

"Ouch"Damon replied, pretending to look hurt.

"It's the Monday effect"I said, "Darkens us all"

He chuckled, before getting out of the car to open up my door.

"Thanks"I said, stepping out.

"Just so you know, I wasn't trying to be a jackass earlier"Damon whispered, as he took a step closer to me.

I smiled, as I looked up into those amazing blue eyes of his. "No, I know that. I just don't think she does .."I said, signalling towards Elena, who was patiently waiting on a nearby bench with Stefan. "She's just looking out for me Damon. I mean, she doesn't want to me to get caught up in .. - "

"In what, me?"He interrupted, as his eyes lit up slightly. I blushed, before faking a laugh.

"Uh, I doubt it. Besides I should get going ..."I began, as a sudden feeling of embarrassment began to kick in.

"Before you do"Damon spoke, taking hold of my wrist. My eyes quickly glanced down to my arm, where I could feel his strong grip around tighten around me, before my gaze returned to his eyes. "Make sure and tell Elena, that I wouldn't dare try anything with you"He said, "She should know better."

"Ow, Damon you're hurting me!"I shrieked, as my wrist began to ache with pain.

"Blake, are you alright?"Stefan asked, suddenly appearing infront of us. "Let go of her Damon, now"He shouted, as he released his grip of me.

"Hey, what's going on?"Elena asked, quickly following behind him. "Oh my gosh Blake, your wrist!"She gasped, as soon as she caught sight of it.

"It's nothing"I murmered, as my eyes quickly flashed to Damon, who was being dragged somewhere by Stefan.

"What the hell did that idiot do to you?"She asked, as a small tear slid down my cheek.

After the awkward introduction to the class in homeroom, I was happy to finally take a seat. I sighed lightly as my eyes carefully scanned my new time-table, checking to see what today had in store.

"Blake, are you sure you're alright?"Stefan's voice suddenly spoke, causing me to jump slightly.

"Oh, uhm ... yeah"I said, laughing at my own nervousness. "I'll be okay, no major damage done"

I chewed on my bottom lip, as Stefan's face remained serious. "Damage, nonetheless"He replied, as his eyes travelled to my wrist. "Blake, i'd like to apologise to you on Damon's behalf. My brother can sometimes be .. -"

"Honestly Stefan, you really don't have to do that"I said, as blood rushed to my cheeks. "I appreciate it and all, but if anyone is to apologise, i'd like it to be Damon. You've been very gracious and i'm grateful for that, what i'm saying is .. I really don't want you to feel as though you should be apologising for him"

Stefan nodded in understanding, as his hazel eyes met with mine. "All i'm trying to tell you, is that Damon .. well, he's not the most gentle, or considerate guy in the world. And as much as I look out for Elena, I want you to know that i'm gonna be looking out for you too. She's well warned me to take care of you, like I would my own cousin."

I smiled warmly, before wrapping my arms around Stefan's broad shoulders. "Thank you"I said, as he welcomed my embrace. "That means a lot to me".

As the school day came to an end, it surprised me that after everything that had happened this morning, it had been a pretty good day. There had been no weird greetings or awkward meetings, just friendly people and a few familiar faces who I had seen before. My time-table was good and I enjoyed being in classes with the people who I had grown up with on my visits here to Mystic Falls.

"Hey Blake!"Caroline called, smiling eagerly at me as our last period class was dismissed.

"Yeah?"I asked, fixating my bag strap around my shoulder.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come and meet the squad? You know, maybe join in a couple workouts?"She asked, as my eyes wandered to Elena.

"As in, today?"I asked.

"Well, yeah. I know obviously you'll have to try out and everything, but c'mon. Let's face it, if you were the cheer captain for the West Knight Eagles cheer squad in New York City, then clearly we won't even have to think about accepting you"Caroline said, as I smiled. "You're practically already in!"

I cleared my throat, before replying as Elena and Stefan began to walk towards us. "Thanks Caroline, but I don't know, it's my first day and I had an accident with my wrist earlier this morning .. - "

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, I didn't even notice. How stupid of me"She said, as he eyes travelled to my badly bruised rist. "It's not broken or anything though, right?"She asked.

"No, the nurse had a look at it this morning. She said i'll be fine, it's just a matter of time for the healing process to kick in"I told her, as she sent me a sympathetic smile.

"Hey"Elena said, "How are you feeling?"She asked me.

"Yeah, i'm good"I said, "What about - .."I was about to ask, when Carolin butted in.

"So, what the hell happened anyway?"She said, "It looks pretty nasty"

I blushed, "It was noth- .."

"Damon, happened"Stefan said, as my eyes travelled to his. I sighed, before looking at Elena. I knew she'd be able to sense that I really didn't want to be talking about this.

"Ugh, he's such a di-"Caroline spoke, before Elena stepped in.

"Anyway"She breathed, "The point is, that Blake is fine and nothing's broken"She said, before I mouthed a quick 'thank you' in her direction.

After saying goodbye to Caroline, we made our way home on foot, despite of the light drizzle of rain that was falling over the town. I sighed, looking up at the grey clouds and thought about what Elena had told me from the very beginning. About Damon being something completely different to what I thought. I had been praying, hoping, wishing that the day she would say 'I told you so' wouldn't come. Yet after what had happened today, I had presumed it was coming a lot faster than I ever thought possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
LONG chapter, due to the previously short one! Just want to take the time to say a huge thank you to 'nomadic' a.k.a. jayslyn a.k.a jordin sparks ;) haha. She has been a great supporter of this story and is an awesome person to talk to. Cleary, we're also broseph's and you should 100% check out her harry potter fan fiction:

[p][a href="http://stories.mibba.com/read/332808/What-happened-to-my-wishes/"]What Happened To My Wishes[/a][br /]

Comment/Rate/Subscribe & don't forget to vote for Ian and TVD for peoples choice!<3