Like a Demon

"He does NOT need YOU!"

Toshiya sat in the corner of Akuma’s dressing room, with an amused smirk across his face and video camera focused on Jayne, Mei, Dex, and Drew as they danced around with Ray to their favorite up-beat songs. All day they had been hyper, and it was driving Kyo insane, as they were too loud for him to nap, which he had been trying to do all day.

“‘CAUSE IT’S A BITTERSWEET, SYMPHONY, THAT’S LIIFE!” Jayne sang with Mei while swinging Ray around with her. “TRYIN’A MAKE END’S MEET! YOU’RE A SLAVE TO MONEY, THEN YOU DIIIE!” The boys continued, laughing while running out of breath.

Toshiya was the only member so far of Dir en Grey who had seen their group sing along, and was very glad for the handheld camera he had decided to bring out for the night’s show. No one would believe just how tone-deaf the amazing singer if Akuma could be.

“Wait! Wait! I just got a text from Shinya! I’m going to go kidnap him.” Jayne announced, dropping her voice to an excited whisper while announcing her plan to kidnap the drummer, before running from the room.

“I did, Die! I haven’t gotten an answer.” She heard him snap from the other side of the closed door she stood before, giggling as Toshiya snuck out to tape the sure-to-be-entertaining event.

“Well try again! I want to know why they won’t shut the hell up!” Kyo barked, making her giggle.

Again her phone buzzed, signaling a text reading “Jayne-Chan, what are you all doing in there? It’s almost as loud as your shows.”

“Shinya,” she sang innocently after slowly opening the door on Kyo, Kaoru, Die, and her target.

“Yes?” he asked, clearly confused as she walked to stand directly in front of him, holding her hands out and waiting for him to put his hands in them.

“Comedancewithme!” she ordered, pulling him off of the couch and out the door.

“What…?” Die questioned as Kaoru and Kyo glared at Toshiya.

“She wants him to dance with her. And Ray is coming to collect another dancer.” He smirked as the four-year-old ran up and hugged his legs.

“Mei wants your camera.” He announced with a wide grin.

“Go have fun like the children you are. Just shut them up so I can get some sleep.” Kyo grumbled and ignored everyone once again.

Toshiya just nodded with another smirk and walked out of the room with Ray standing on his feet and giggling.

When he got back to Akuma’s room he could feel his eyes widen as he zoomed in on Jayne trying to teach Shinya to dance with her to “Think Twice” by Eve 6. It was obvious that the shy drummer was awkward with how close he and Jayne were, but his friend could also see as clear as day that he was also enjoying it. Jayne was laughing while putting her hands on his hips and moving them to the beat for him.

“Toshiya! Your drummer has no rhythm!” Mei laughed as Jayne continued to try her dance lessons.

“Shinya, stop looking at the bassist with a camera. Look at me, okay? Just move. You know the beat, follow the drums if it helps you.” She smiled quietly, not letting the others hear her, “Just move,” she smiled, moving her hips more to the drums and smiling when he started to relax. “Good! Now, have some fun and lead me. I will follow you.” She winked and waited for HIM to move HER.

“This video can’t be posted to any blogs or websites, Toshiya.” Kaoru announced, making the bassist jump, unaware that the guitarist was standing behind him with the rest of the band, watching as Shinya twirled Jayne before pulling her closer again, both somewhat head banging as the end of the song sped up.

“May as well turn it off.” Mei muttered, shying away from Kyo, since she suspected he had feelings for Jayne, and his drummer had his skinny arms wrapped around her body, hugging her and laughing as the song ended and Dex pushed replay.

“Keep the video, Toshiya.” Jayne ordered before he could delete, “One day, I will want to watch this after the tour. When we go back to America, and you guys continue your rock star lives, I want some memories to look back on.” She smiled.

“Then you should have this on camera too!” Die grinned, jumping in and picking her up off of the ground, “We are going to dress you up tonight!” he smirked, and carried her away into the other room.

“You’re all men, what do you know about hair and makeup, Die? I mean that respectfully, please don’t take offence.” Drew questioned as he and Toshiya began fixing Jayne up.

“There was a time when we wore dresses and makeup.” Shinya explained quietly.

“You did not,”

“They looked damn hot too. Even if I thought Shinya was a woman the very first time I saw a video of them.” Jayne nodded.

“Hold your head still, this curler is hot!” Die ordered.

“Sorry,” she laughed.

“So… are you gay?” Dex asked finally, since Mei had been translating everything for him. Mei snorted through her laughter before translating it and waiting for the reactions. They didn’t seem too pleased, but they also didn’t seem offended as Kaoru answered calmly that the style is more of an art form, and expression, and less homosexual cross dressing.

“Akuma, you’re on in five minutes! Where are you?!” Robert demanded from the hallway. Dex went to find him while Kaoru did Ray’s eyeliner, and Toshiya, Die, and Shinya finished Jayne and Mei’s looks.

“You look… I’ve never seen you so done up for a show.” He frowned, staring at the two decked-out girls, and eyeliner-wearing boys as well.

“That bad?” Jayne asked, looking so insecure it shocked all five members of Dir en Grey.

Robert just shook his head and left to lead them all to the stage. Jayne looked at Mei in fear, receiving a smile as she shook her head “no” and walked out. Dex squeezed her ass before darting after her, getting slapped by Drew seconds after, and finally the worried singer went to step out of the room. However she was caught by the pant leg by Ray.

“Mama, lucky rock.” He ordered, handing her the sacred stone before pulling out a set of earplugs and holding them up to her. “Thank you.” She smiled and kissed his head, leaving a lipstick ring in the center of his forehead before walking away and leaving him in Dir en Grey’s care, which had become the routine lately.

“Hello everyone!” Jayne roared into the mic, receiving the loudest response she had ever heard, other than what was directed at the headlining band of the tour. “How do you like our new look?” Mei asked, receiving an even bigger roar. Dex giggled and was picked up by his mic.

“TWO! THREE! FOUR!” Jayne counted to Drew before he started his drumming, leading the band into their favorite song to perform. As the show went on, Jayne began to love her new look more and more. Gothic dark red lips, heavy eyeliner, beautiful wavy hair, instead of her usual straight and tangled mess that she ended up with half way through the set, and clothes that she never would have worn without someone else suggesting it. First, she would have never put the corset over a long sleeved fishnet top, and second she never would have thought she could sing in a corset. The leather pants were another thing she never thought about either.

Finally the last song started, and Jayne was the full on heavy-metal sex symbol every rock star becomes when their career takes off.

“When you scream it sounds like a lullaby
when you beg I get all gooey inside.

Tonight I take you eyes, mind, and tongue
to spread the words and watch your kingdom come.
Another lay with you
another wound...
You keep me, in stitches.
You tear me, to pieces.”

Die had agreed to take Ray to watch the show, and felt a little awkward standing with the four-year-old as Jayne caressed the mic stand seductively while whispering a few of the lyrics, engaging with the audience in very sexual and dark ways.

“I need new voices in my head to speak my secret evils with.
I need new lovers, in my bed to be my friends and special pets.
I need your scent all over me
I need to taste your blasphemy
I need to know with certainty that the nectar, was worth the squeeze!”

The men in the audience became louder than the women, pushing to get closer to the stage and nearly tipping the barricade.

“It just the way that we're diseased
it's the plague that stains us
it's the sweetest disease
it's so contagious!

It just the way that we're diseased
it's the plague that stains us
it's the sweetest disease
it's so contagious!”

Ray was head banging harder than anyone in the entire crowd, cheering and throwing his won little set of devil horns up for her to see. Die was getting concerned for him, that he may get whiplash… then again, he looked a lot like Kyo did sometimes too.

“Once upon a time I ripped the wings from my spine,
but when I hide inside your eyes I still pretend that I can fly…”

Jayne jumped onto Kyo’s “Midget Stand” since it had been left up by his orders because she was actually half an inch shorter than he was, she just wouldn’t admit it. Dropping to her knees she made eye contact with as many people as she could, whispering the next lines: “Tell me every secret… So you can fall in love… Then fall to pieces!”

Standing up and jumping down to stand in front of the crowd and off stage she began screaming the next lines with more feeling than ever before.

“I need new voices in my head, a new disguise for me to hide
I need new lovers in my bed, to feed my secret appetites
I need your sins all over me, I need to taste this tragedy
I need to know with certainty, that the nectar was worth the squeeze!

“It just the way that we're diseased
It's the plague that stains us!
It's the sweetest disease!
It's so contagious!”

One of the men in the audience grabbed her sleeve and refused to let go, offering her first taste of obsessive fans. Her eyes held a little bit of fear hidden behind her heavy makeup while she tried to nonchalantly pull away from him, screaming the final repeat of the chorus without the music while Mei, Drew, and Dex sang into the on stage microphones in front of Dex and Mei’s marks.

“It just the way that we're diseased!
It's the plague that stains us!
It's the sweetest disease!
It's so contagious!”

The man still wouldn’t let go, and now had a hold of her arm instead of just her sleeve. Die wanted to help, but knew he couldn’t with Ray so instead called security over, though two were already on him prying his arm off of her and threatening to remove him from the show. Another guard took the rock star and four-year-old out when he turned his attention to Ray, screaming something they couldn’t understand as they were guided to safety.

As the members of Akuma were led past Dir en Grey to their dressing room to recover, Kaoru and Shinya both tried asking Ray if she was all right, but they could tell by her answer of “I’m fine” that something was horribly wrong. Kyo and Toshiya were over with Die after Jayne had taken Ray from him with tears in her eyes, demanding from him an answer. All he could give was that someone in the audience had scared her, as far as he knew.

As soon as Dir en Grey got on stage Kyo saw what must have had her so upset. Front row was the same man he saw the first time they opened, Ray’s father. During a short break between their first and second song he walked over to Kyo, confusing the audience slightly but the others played it off as the guitarist getting yelled at for that missed beat.

“Kyo what are you doing? You aren’t even focused and you’re going to complain about one chord?” he demanded angrily.

“No, that man the front, was he the one who grabbed Jayne?”

Die looked purely confused, but nodded yes to answer.

“That is Ray’s father, he was at the first show they played for us, before we were touring together.”

“Don’t let him close to her, then. I didn’t like the way he was holding onto her anyway.”

“I don’t like anything about him.” Kyo smirked before turning back to the audience and finishing the show without another problem before leaving the stage with his band and going to the meet and greet they were going to do alongside Akuma for the fans who had backstage passes.

When Thomas walked in with his backstage pass and a triumphant smirk, Dex and Drew both stepped in front of Jayne, who was searching the crowd for Ray looking more than uneasy. The members of Dir en Grey didn’t notice him until Ray ran over and began tugging in Kyo’s hand, interrupting a picture he was about to take with a fan.

“Who’s the kid?” the fan’s friend demanded, but was waved off as Kyo knelt down to see what had him so worked up.

“The yelling man has Mama again! You need to make him go away so he will not be mean anymore!” he pleaded, “You are the most scary person I know to make bad things to away.” He explained honestly. Kyo smirked and looked around for Jayne, though his smile dropped instantly when he saw Thomas backing her into a corner, holding a harsh whispered argument with the female singer, as her band distracted their fans. Mei jogged over and took Ray from Kyo, apologizing for interrupting, and went to walk out of the room but was stopped by another fan, demanding pictures with her and Ray.

“Thomas, you need to leave. Now.” Jayne breathed, now pressed against the wall, as he stood close in front of her, staring her down.

“Just let me see him, talk to him! Ten minutes, I just want him to know who the hell I am!” he hissed.

“No. You don’t deserve having him in your life! And he doesn’t deserve to have you ruin his! He is happy, and has everything he needs!”

“He needs a father!”

“The only part of that title you have, is DNA! You’ve never been there as a father and you never will! He has Dex, and Drew, and Robert!” she argued, looking past him and smiling before nodding in Ray’s direction as Toshiya swung him around in a circle before letting him ride on his back. “And now he has Toshiya, and Die, AND Kaoru, AND Shinya, AND Kyo! He doesn’t need you, you’re nothing! He does NOT need YOU!” she spat, and tried to push past him but he wouldn’t let her.

“Jayne! Come here a second, this magazine that I can’t pronounce wants a picture of us all together! Both bands, AND Ray! If you want him in the magazine I mean!” Dex shouted excitedly.

“Thomas, get out of my way. I have to work, and you… I never wanted to see you again after that night, and I stand by that. Stay the fuck out of my life, and his!” she growled and slid past him before putting on a happy face and picking up her son before standing in the picture. Of course she and Kyo were put in the front, being the shortest of the adults, and Ray was held in the middle smiling excitedly and holding his stuffed bear that Shinya had given him, since his favorite bear had been accidentally left at home and he was heartbroken.

Thomas was fuming and stormed out of the room, slamming the door as hard as he could before continuing to stomp out of the venue and into the waiting cab. “This is the hotel,” he announced, giving a copy of the address for the hotel he knew that Jayne was going to stay in for the night before making sure he had his plane tickets to continue following the tour until he got what he wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback would be amazing, thank you!

I am still trying to figure out who I want Jayne to be set up with... Kyo or Shinya? Cast your votes in the comments please?