Status: Finished!

Hopefully It's Forever

I'm Not Here for You

Wringing my hands tightly as I saw some of the people surrounding me pacing back and forth in nervousness. Greg seem to be taking it the worst, Reya was holding his hand but he seemed a bit distant even from her.

Standing up and walking over to Greg, he realized that I was standing in front of him as his hazel eyes looked up at me. I nodded my head towards a different room where we could talk and he followed me. I knew we would be here a while before they come out.

As soon as I turned around to say something Greg held me close as he muttered, “I’m so sorry about Senna. I can’t believe this happened to her.” Patting his back in a soothing motion as I took a step back as he continued to rant on about how sorry he was about being so rude to me.

I smiled sadly as I accepted his apology “No worries, I know your trying to protect your cousin and I understand. No matter how much it hurts me, I want him to be happy with or without me.” My eyes cast to the side with a sadness that I never knew I possessed.

He gripped my shoulder “He will come back to you. I know he will. He loves you too much to let you go.” He smiled at me. I smiled back. Hearing the door open, we walked back to the waiting room as the doctor came out.

His warm brown eyes connected with mine, trying to read if it was bad or good news he was so good at hiding his emotions. You can tell he has trained himself to do so, to avoid any surprise emotions from the patient’s family and friends.

As soon as I was close enough to him, I frantically asked “Is she alright? She’s going to be fine, right? Please tell me she’s fine.”

He shoved his hands into his pockets as he nodded, “She’s fine. She has been beaten pretty badly, she has a large gash on her forehead from what it seems like a vase since we had to pluck out the excess glass that was still imbedded into her forehead. Her ribs are a bit bruised so she needs to take it easy and her arm is broken as well. Other than that she’s fine and you can see her now if you like.”

Without wasting any time I ran past him as he told me the room number she was in, my heart pounded in my ears. The words he said to me didn’t sink in until I saw how battered my daughter was, she was plugged into machines as the blood from her face looked completely drained.

Fragile and pale, looking broken as she opened her eyes. Lifting her arm that wasn’t broken, I grabbed onto it as she murmured “Momma?” I told her to save her energy as tears leaked out of my eyes, Greg and my parents came in first.

Everyone took turns seeing her since there was a limit to how many people can be in a room. When everyone saw her, Greg stayed behind and I convinced my parents to leave telling them I would stay with her until she was released.

As my parents kissed their granddaughter’s forehead promising to come back tomorrow I looked at my daughter to see the distant look in her eyes again. I called her name as her eyes flickered over to mine.

“What happened to you?” I asked. Her eyes glazed over as she told me “Nothing.” My heart sank as I knew she was trying to protect someone. My mind went straight to Darren and Sophie, what if they did something to her?

I pushed those thoughts away, not wanting to jump to conclusions as to what had happened. I asked her a couple of more times before I became frustrated. I sighed angrily as I rubbed my temples.

“Senna.” I said sternly. “I need to know what happened to you. Please just tell me who did this to you.” Pleading with my eyes as tears came out of her eyes as she muttered “Papa.”

My eyes widened, body frozen stiff as to what she just told me. I could never imagine Darren hitting her in any way, sure he was a jerk but he was a loving jerk who would never lay a hand on a woman.

“What else” I demanded. My blood soon started to boil as I wanted to smash Darren into the ground for ever touching my daughter.

She hesitated but I comforted her that if she told me that she would never go back to him again. “He always got mad when I talked about Pastrami. The day he dropped me off, he told me that Pastrami hated me and would never like me. I told him it wasn’t true so he hit me in the face and now today he did the same thing when I dropped one of his expensive plates by accident.”

Her voiced quivered as she weakly said, “I want Pastrami momma. I know you are fighting but please I want him back. Please bring him back.” Soothing out her hair as I told her that I could do nothing since he won’t answer my calls.

“Don’t worry I’m here already.” That voice that I missed so much appeared. I looked back to see Travis looking dead beat tired as he slowly grinned at her. Anger was still in his eyes when his eyes landed on the poor girl.

Senna broke out into a smile as she opened her arms for a hug, he gave her just that as she cried into his shirt begging him not to go anywhere ever again. Rubbing her back as he whispered to her, I couldn’t hear what he said but I did hear say ‘okay’

He looked back at me with no emotion towards me whatsoever. “Can I talk to you outside?” I bit my lip as I nodded, I shakily stood up as I trailed behind the tall man. He turned around as I almost ran into him but I stopped myself from doing so.

“I heard everything Senna said.” He trailed off. I stood there in shock that he was there for that long, I opened my mouth but nothing came out. Clearing my throat, “Travis”

“Save it.” he snapped. He ran his hands over his face “I’m only here for Senna. Not you.” With that he walked back into the room. My heart snapped again in pain as I heard those icy words that came out of his mouth.

Staying outside to give them some time alone I walked to the waiting room dialing one of my best friends numbers as Greg sat next to me. I jumped forgetting his was here but smiled meekly as he sat quietly next to me.

“Hello?”

“Reya?” I asked, she gave me the signal to continue on what I wanted to say. “I need your help with something.”

She seem confused as she asked what I needed before she complied with what I needed. “I need you to help me gain full custody of Senna and get a restraining order, no to help me get Darren arrested for hurting my daughter.”

After I told her what Senna has told me, she complied as she told me she would get the paper work done and file a report so that Darren would be put under custody. Hanging up I never felt so good, revenge was sweet and this was so much better than beating him senseless.

I want to see the look on his face when he is charged for child abuse and put in jail for what he has done, he could have killed my daughter. Luckily Senna had enough strength to run away, she shouldn’t be dealing with things like this.

Squeezing the phone tightly as Greg asked, “Are you okay?” I gave him a sinister look “I will be”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and subscribe. :) Thank you londonnative and Vengeance.Is.A.Syn for the lovely comments