Status: Finished!

Hopefully It's Forever

Talk with Sophie

During the next few months we have been on the move when it came to Senna’s case. Reya has been a huge help and has gathered all the information to take Darren down. The main evidence is Senna’s bruises; of course she took pictures when she saw her the next day after her release of the hospital.

The reason why it has been taking so long is because the case as keeps being pushed back. It’s making me want to yank my hair out in frustration but luckily Travis always rubs my shoulders in comfort. Now we are waiting for Reya to call back with the new information she had for us.

I smiled softly when I saw Travis and Senna playing on the Xbox that he bought her a while back with the ikonnect since she can’t play with both hands. She winces every once in a while but she is healing quite nicely.

The swelling has became almost transparent on her face as it was almost back to normal only a few spots of swelling was still there. The gash on her forehead is starting to disappear and she isn’t in much pain when she sits up or her arm isn’t bothering her that much.

I heard a knock as I told them I would get it; they seem to ignore me since I didn’t hear them respond. Rolling my eyes I opened the door seeing the woman that I started to loathe ever since I laid eyes on her.

Glaring at the woman who married the man who beat my daughter, she gave me a sympathetic face as she asked me to come outside so we can talk. I gripped onto the doorknob but nodded stiffly as I walked outside, closing the door.

She sat on the stairs as she looked out with sadness that clouded her hazel eyes. She bit her lip as I sharply said, “What do you want? If you are here to talk to Senna then forget about it-“

“No. I’m not here for that.” She paused for a moment before she continued on “I just thought it would be the right thing to come here in behalf of Darren to apologize about what happened.”

My head whipped around, my mouth was wide open at her stupid comment that she made. That was one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. She didn’t sound that sincere and besides it just boils my blood that she let it happen.

“You’re sorry? Where were you when Darren laid a hand on my daughter and kept beating her until she escaped from his violent rampage.” I spat.

She flinched as she wringed her hands together nervousness “I was in shock at the time. I didn’t know what to do and besides your daughter shouldn’t have talked back to him-“

“Shut up! I can’t believe you even said that! He should have never ever lay a hand on a child and he did. It shouldn’t matter what the child did, it shouldn’t involve a beating.” I yelled.

All I saw was red as I rubbed my temples to calm myself down, I couldn’t afford to hit her because they can use that in the case. Accusing me of being violent and probably going to pin the abuse on me instead of Darren.

Something else stopped me as well, the vacant look she had in her eyes when I stood up in anger. That soon turned to fear and worry that I would even do something to her. Sophie looked like she was ready for me to hit her even.

I sat back down as I touched her shoulder lightly as she flinched back, “Has he laid a hand on you?” I muttered. She stayed silent as I sighed. She reminded me so much of me when Darren use to do the same thing to me when we dated.

“Sophie, if he has been hitting you. I can help you. I have been through the same situation as you, he beat me before and I am lucky to be alive today. Don’t hide and cover for him. You deserve better than what you are receiving.” I lectured.

Her shoulders started to shake as she sobbed into her hands; she leaned onto me as she confessed everything to me. “Yes he has. I’m just so scared of turning him in, it all started after a year of when we started to date. I thought that it would be a onetime thing but it became more frequent when he started to become more active in Senna’s life. The way she would tells us about Travis would send him into a rampage.”

She continued on to tell me about everything he has ever done to her and Senna. Slamming the door which caused Sophie to break a finger, sore ribs and beaten mostly on the back so she can easily hide it from everyone.

She wanted to be happy all the time, thinking that her mood would rub off on Darren. It never did and he would glare and yell at her for being so positive all the time. She took all his beatings, all his abuse because she thought he was in love with her.

It isn’t true. He’s not in love with her, he just loves to screw woman and break them down to make them his lap dogs. He takes the strongest women and breaks them down into oblivion. That’s why he targeted me and tore me down but soon left me alone when he knocked me up knowing that it would be the final touch of officially tearing me down completely.

Now he has done the same to Sophie, I rubbed her shoulders as I heard Travis walking out of the house announcing that Senna fell asleep on the couch. He paused when he saw Sophie sitting next to me while I had an arm wrapped around her shoulder.

I started to explain why she was over here and he took it all in as I softly offered her to live with me until everything is fine. I knew she was scared of going back to Darren’s house and since my house is the safest place since he’s not allowed to be around Senna.

She told me she was going to take a nap as I told her where the extra blankets were. I rubbed my face as I felt Travis’ soothing fingers work my shoulders once again. He kissed my shoulder blade softly as I sighed in content.

Holding onto one of his hands as I pecked each one of his knuckles as he looked at me with such love. I smiled as his lips were brought down to mine in a loving motion. He picked me up as I yelped, making him chuckled on my lips.

Smacking him lightly as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders as he took us to my room as he lightly closed the door to have some privacy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to londonnative, Extreme-as-FMX and Vengeance.Is.A.Syn for the lovely comments. This is the fastest that I have put out chapters. So desperate to finish this, a couple of more chapters and then I think I'm going to end this. Please comment and subscribe. :)