Status: Finished!

Hopefully It's Forever

Victory

It’s been almost more than a month since Sophie started to live with Senna and me. She would continuously tell me thanks as I would just laugh at her and tell her that I don’t need anything of that. She was brave enough to tell Reya what has been happening to her since it will help with the case.

Now here we are in the court room, Senna and I sitting next to Reya while Darren was on the other side with his attourney. Sophie was behind us in the audience, with Travis and the rest of our friends and family.

They wanted to be there just for witness or anything that will help us win this case. As Reya started to give her opening speech as to why I would be the perfect parent for my daughter to stay with. I could feel Darren glaring daggers at Sophie.

I saw her sink in her seat a little but Jolene gave her a comforting hug muttering something to her as I saw her nod as she sat back up again. She still had the fear in her eyes but tried to stand her ground as much as possible.

After a little while they started to bring witness up one by one from each of the defense’s side. Of course, Darren’s witnesses were all lying saying he was a loving father who would never lay a hand on Senna.

Refraining myself from rolling my eyes I continued to sit still until I heard the lawyer ask Sophie to step in. My heart started to hammer a bit when I remember what she told me this morning, Darren contacted her saying if she didn’t lie about what happened that she was going to pay.

Her hazel eyes glanced around, trying to avoid Darren’s meaningful gaze as she caught onto mine. I gave her a look of determination as she nodded a bit as she looked at the lawyer who asked her questions.

Ryan, Darren’s lawyer paced back and forth asking simple questions so far as she answered them with no hestitation. Then a question we were all waiting for soon appeared, “Mrs. Williams. How would you describe your husband?”

He lowered his glasses as he looked at her with a challenging stare. She bit her lip as she gulped a bit before she opened her mouth, “He’s quite loving… he could be the perfect husband and father but he needs to work on that. Everyone can be perfect at first until later on you see their true colors.”

With that last sentence she looked at Darren with such disgust in her eyes, pride swelled up in my stomach as I saw how courageous she was being. I knew it was hard for her to turn in her husband but she knew that she wasn’t going to be happy if she was set free.

Ryan nodded he leaned forward towards Sophie, “What do you mean by true colors? I’m sure you mean that he is a nice well rounded man who will put his family before his own needs.” He replied.

Sophie shook her head, “That’s not what I said. He’s not like that at all, he’s violent and can be abusive. No he is abusive. He hit his child because she was talking too much about someone that she adores so much and I tried to help her but he smack me in the face. Causing me to black out.” She quivered at the end.

Darren’s jaw was locked tight as I saw Ryan had the same expression as he asked Sophie to step down from the witness stand. The judge looked at Darren and his lawyer as she fixed her robe before she started to speak.

“From what the evidence that we have all gathered, why don’t the jury go to the other room to discuss the verdict of this case.” She slammed the hammer down on the stand as she stood up and walking to the back for a break.

The jury went to a room where they will discuss what the verdict will be. I gave Senna a squeeze as she rubbed her cast in anxiety. She whispered to me, “I don’t want daddy to win.” I looked down at her as she had unshed tears appearing in her eyes.

“I know sweetie. Just hang in there. It’s all going to be over soon.” I cooed. Waiting for them to come back was the most painful and nerve wracking experience that I have ever experience. The judge came back within 20 minutes.

Within the next five minutes the jury came out in a single file line, taking their original seats. The judge looked over to them asking what the verdict was. A man stood up as he looked at the judge, “Yes we have and we find the defendant….”

I scooted closer to the edge of my seat as I wanted to hear that special word that would make us all so happy to hear. That will insure our safety from this man and happiness, that he will be locked up for good.

“Guilty”

I sighed in relief as Senna started to cry right at the moment and I heard Sophie started to cry as well. It was a joyous moment that we can all share when the police had to forcefully arrest Darren, putting him in handcuffs.

“You will all get it someday! I swear I will come after you guys when I get out! Damn you all to hell!” Darren yelled.

I felt Senna flinch in my arms as I held her even tightly. Walking out of the courtroom with smiles on our faces, Travis walked closer to us as I held onto him tightly. Holding me to one of his sides he picked Senna up with a grin on his face.

“Finally got my girls all to myself.” Senna started to giggle as I leaned onto his shoulder while walking away. I beckoned Sophie to walk with us since she does live with us, but when I looked back I saw her talking to Eric.

I smiled as she shyly smiled back as Eric offered to drive her to my house later on. I winked as she blushed red, I laughed as I looked at my little family that I have now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the comments and love. :D Next one is the epilogue!