Hello, Can You Please Stop Haunting Me?

neuf.

Once upon a time, there was a boy called Jeremy Pike. He liked running. He was on the school track’s team. Eliza Harvey and her friends used to love watching their practices. That was sophomore year. And as the years progressed, Eliza simply didn’t have the time to care about watching practices anymore.

Once upon a time, there was a girl called Emily Pike. She hated her name, claiming it was too common. Jeremy was 16, turning 17 and she was 11, turning 12, with the mind of a 15-year-old. She was quite mature for her age, Jeremy always thought. Out of the three of them, she was always the sensible one. The quiet one.

Jeremy loved her very much.

When he was 16, he was nothing like Emily. No, he was the most immature brother out there. Maybe that was his first mistake. His parents were going through a tough time and Jeremy hated that he felt so helpless about it. So he always snuck out in the middle of the night to go partying with his friends. By the end of the night, he’d be so pissed drunk that he would skip school the next day because of a horrid hangover.

On an unfortunate night in the middle of December, Jeremy – all high and drunk as he could be – took Emily for a ride. She couldn’t sleep because their parents were bickering all night, and Jeremy just got home from a party. She was wrapped in her knitted indigo blanket, her cheeks a color of pastel pink contrasting against her pale, freckled face. She talked about something that Jeremy frankly couldn’t give a damn about due to his throbbing head. He’d give anything to go back in time to hear her again. Or better yet, to stop everything from happening.

He didn’t remember much. Maybe it was because he worked so hard over the years to forget them all. Maybe he was just too drunk.

Whatever it was, he remembered being blinded by a pair of headlights. As if that wasn’t enough, the slippery, snow-covered road made it harder to regain control. He heard a crash. It wasn’t him, no. Not yet. It was probably the other vehicle.

Emily screamed - a scream that was enough to make him sober up.

The passenger side of the car crashed vehemently into a tree.

And all was silent.
♠ ♠ ♠
398 words. I'm awesome.
I'll try to make the next one much, much more longer.
Thanks for reading! Comments and subscriptions are much appreciated and loved <3

And a Happy Chinese New Year :D