Hello, Can You Please Stop Haunting Me?

trente.

“This is amazing!” She laughed, her voice barely heard over the sudden gush of wind. Suddenly it transformed from being amazing to being just plain freezing. “It would be really cool if we get some snow around here,” she murmured. “The breeze is awfully cold nowadays.”

“Snow scares me, actually,” Zach said. “Well, not really snow but more to…ice. And water…and stuff.”

“Wow, really?” Eliza asked and took a good look at her date for that night. He was wearing layers that night – a dark brown shirt underneath an unbuttoned long-sleeved, blue shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. She didn’t notice it before but if Zach wasn’t smiling, laughing or just being goofy, he can look pretty intimidating. Regardless, it was difficult to think that he had – what Eliza assumed – fear of water.

“Nearly drowned when I was 9,” he said, looking over at the beautiful city that stood magnificently in front of them. They first took a stroll around the Union Square area, got a couple of gyros (a couple since someone bumped into Eliza and her gyro fell out of her hand) before he whisked her to an unknown vista point, overlooking almost the entire city.

Furthermore, apparently Zach was quite the romantic at heart. He set out a plaid rug on the ground and there was a wicker basket. On top of that basket was a bouquet of lavender roses. And she never saw roses in such a pretty color before that she thought Zach painted it in which he answered quite sarcastically, “yes, Ellie, I painted it.”

“We were on a family vacation,” Zach explained, bringing her out of her trance. “It was the first time I skated on icy lake rather than ice rinks. I didn’t know what happened, maybe it was because I was skating on thin ice but the ice cracked and I fell. I panicked and I couldn’t swim very well because it was so painful.”

“That’s…just…wow. How’d you get out of it?”

“My mom screaming to me, guiding me to kick as hard as I could for her to reach in and get me out. So ever since, I never really liked lakes or winter or ice skating,” he said, grinning goofily.

She sneezed.

“Too bad, I love lakes and beaches. But I can’t swim. I’m kind of scared of the waves for no reason.”

He laughed before bringing her closer into his arms. “You’ve got so many layers on and you’re still cold?”

“Apparently,” she sniffled, resting her head on his chest as she basked in the warmth from his body. His heart was beating steadily.

“Hm,” she murmured.

“What?” He asked, looking amused.

“Your heart is beating. What a beautiful sound.”

“Are you on crack?” Zach asked jokingly. Eliza laughed and punched him playfully.

“I’m just…so happy right now,” she whispered.

“Me too.”

In a graveyard a few miles away, Jeremy stared at the moon, deep in reverie.

It was almost time for him to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just enjoying the weekends before I have to study all over again for exams. Hope you guys are enjoying yours :) Thanks for reading and the kind comments. And like always, comments and subscriptions are much cherished <33