Status: HIATUS

Dare For Distance

That I can't get out; I can't figure out how

"Is she going to be okay?" I heard a very familiar voice ask.

"Really, I don't know. We're going to run a few more tests but we think it's cancer."

"Cancer?" He whispered, "Like.. how bad is it?"

My heart shattered. This boy sounded so familiar and yet so afraid. I knew who it was, and he never sounded afraid.

"Well, from what we found so far, it's very early. We could opperate as soon as Friday. Right now, though, we still aren't sure on the type or stage."

"But.. she'll be alright, right?" He sounded so.. helpless.

"I don't know, Mr. Ingle, I don't know.

I slipped into another sleep. Deeper than the first one. I looked around this dream world and noticed for one my back didn't hurt and I was completley pain-free.

"Zohey?" I heard Chris whisper. "Zohey, if you can hear me, can you do something? Move something? For me."

I tried desperatly to move something, even just a finger. I couldn't move anything. After a couple of minutes he leaned down, his face right in front of mine. He closed his eyes and leaned forward, lips aiming for mine.

"Mr. Ingle? Test resu.." The woman who I assumed was my nurse started. "Oh, umm. Could you please come with me, Mr. Ingle?" She was clearly embarrassed. She should be! He was going to kiss me, ME!

"O-oh, sure." He stood up and walked out the door.

I worked on moving. I could almost move my finger, but not quite. Wait, woah woah woah there. Didn't she say something about cancer?! Cancer?

"Hey, Zohey. Are you awake?" Kennedy asked. "Guess not." He sighed and sat down were Chris was sitting just moments ago.

I furrowed my brow, I moved something! "I-i-i-i-is h-h-he alr-right-t?" I managed to stutter out.

"Zohey? Oh, Zoh! You're awake!" He hugged me.

"I-is he alright-t?" I stuttered again.

"Who? Oh, Christofer? Yeah, he's fine. Why?"

"J-just wondering-g. D-do they-y k-know what-t's wrong with me-e-e?" I choked out.

"Umm." He rubbed the back of his neck the way Christofer did. Stop it! I commanded myself. You don't like Chris, remember. He likes you! "Yeah, they said you have stage two acute leukemia."

"A-as is........... c-c-cance-er?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I like to write... no..
I think I just love you guys.
Comments make me write, so if you love me, comment! :D
Thanks to LoveMeFreely I got inspired and wrote.. THAT ^
Peace, love, and comment :D