Status: Completed. Decided not to do a sequel.

Children Of The Damned

Chapter 34

Damon

Inside the house, laying on the couch in front of the fire with Ana in my arms was near bliss.

She lay with her head on my chest, her body wedged between me and the couch, Her leg thrown over mine. Her hair fanned out and brushed along my left arm with my right arm was draped over her waist. The fingers of her left hand traced the skin just above the collar of my shirt.

I caught a glance at her healing cut, and took her hand in mine, kissing her palm before setting her hand back down again, letting it continue those soothing patterns along my skin. My hand ran a line up and down her spine. I felt her smile against my chest.

“I missed this,” she whispered. “Us.” She twisted on the couch so that the front of her body was flush with mine. She balanced her weight on her elbows, her body barely brushing against mine.

She looked at me the same way she used to; like I was good, worthy of her, special.

I took her face in my hands and pulled her up to meet me, , kissing her softly, just barely a brush of lips.

“Is that all you’ve got?” she taunted, laughing at me.

Loving the challenge, I responded by flipping her over so I had all the control. Her legs made a loop around me, pulling me closer. I found back the animalistic noise that threatened to rise up in my throat. I couldn’t let her win this one. My hands roamed her body as I kissed her neck, her jaw line, making my way to her lips. Her breath was coming fast now, her body arching to meet mine. Her hands were under my shirt.

“Mmm…” she hummed as my mouth met hers.

Her thumbs were hooked in the back belt loops of my jeans.

This was quickly turning into something neither of us were going to be able to control for much longer.

Soon, our shirts were off, and I was about to get to her sports bra when the front door opened and Elena and Stefan stumbled inside, kissing and giggling. Apparently, their idea was similar to ours, although I had a feeling we were having more fun.

Startled, Ana let out an audible “squeak!” which I found terribly cute, and then jumped nearly a foot, sending us both sprawling into a tangled heap on the floor.

“Well then,” Stefan said, suppressing a grin. “I’m guessing you two made up?”

_____________________________________________________________

Stefan

Damon attempted to shield Ana from view with his body in order to protect her modesty, but the damage was already done.

It was obvious that if we would have arrived a few minutes later, we would be walking in on a scene that involved fewer articles of clothing and a little more entanglement than they were currently experiencing.

“Do you mind, Stef?” Damon said. He was actually blushing. As if I had never seen worse from him. Please.

“Not at all. Elena and I will be upstairs, not doing what you’re doing now…so…thanks for ruining the mood,” I said with a laugh.

“Oh, I’m sorry? Has my joy upset you?”

I just laughed and walked away, happy my brother was finally being more like the person he had been before he became a vampire.

___________________________________________________________________

Eliana

“You know, that was probably a good thing,” I said, putting my shirt back on and trying to will away the splotches of red that had flooded my cheeks.

“Yeah?” he asked. And I knew then that he was waiting for a good reason. As far as I could tell, he was totally ready for all of this.

“I don’t know. I think we were just letting things get carried away, letting our feelings get the best of us. Too much, too soon.”

“I understand. And now that you say it, I realize you’re right. I want things to be perfect. I know this is the real world and it doesn’t always work that way, but I want to try anyway.”

And right there, I loved him for being so sweet.

It was strange, having already known this other side of him that could be mean and manipulative. Apparently that was what Katherine had done to him. But now, it was like he was coming out from behind this wall, showing me the person he had been meant to be all along.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song: I'm On Fire- John Mayer.