For What You Are

Slayer

“Jayne Perrin.”

Jayne turned around holding a stake in her hand and coming face to face, once again, with Damon Salvatore.

“Don’t you ever leave?”

“As a matter of fact, I’m always on the move; it just happens that you’re near me.”

She breathed, biting back her retort and calmed herself. Then the shock set in. Her name. He’d known her name.

“How-” she spluttered.

He threw a book towards her and it fell open at pages concerning the slayer. A hand drawn picture of a masked warrior was imprinted on the first page and the other gave detailed descriptions of who the slayer was. The girl pictured on the opposing page…her. Jayne Perrin.

“You’ve been around for a while then,” Damon started. “Four hundred years if I remember correctly.”

“Yeah,” Jayne said. “Jayne Perrin has been around for exactly four hundred and twenty seven years.”

“But details of a slayer that is described exactly like you go back further than that. Seven hundred…eight hundred years.”

“Just ask your stupid question Salvatore,” Jayne said wanting to get out of there before he found out too much about her. Which, really, he already had.

“What are you?”

She turned her back to him and started to walk away slowly. “Unfortunately you aren’t getting an answer to that.”

Next moment he was standing in front of her, blocking her way forward. “There aren’t any laws against me killing you," he murmured. “As a matter of fact, vampires around the world would sing my name in praise.”

“But killing me,” Jayne said as she weaved her way around him, “isn’t going to get you anything that you want. It won’t get you information; it won’t get you those vampires that you want dead. So really, I’m the one with the leverage. And by the way, I didn’t last eight hundred years as a slayer because I’m terrible at my job. The moment you try to kill me, you’ll end up a pile of ashes before you can even say ‘Hell’.”

“You’ve thought that out pretty well,” Damon said.

“I have about ten scenarios running through my head every second. So trust me, anything you’ve thought of, I thought of ten years ago.”

He turned around and pulled the stake from Jayne’s hand. Holding it to her arm he sliced in one swift movement.

“Anticipate that?” he said.

“Yeah,” Jayne replied, looking at the blood welling in the wound. “But I don’t particularly care. And just out of curiosity, do you have a death wish?”

She flung her leg around, kicking him in the face and pulling the stake from his grasp. He made to get up, but she punched him in the stomach, winding him. He stared at her with a look of pure loathing.

“I’ve warned you that I could kill you in a second. And really, pissing me off isn’t a great way to prevent that. Just because you are in an alliance with someone I know, doesn’t mean that I won’t let an uh, ‘accident’ happen.”

“You know Kale?” Damon asked, beginning to recover from his injury.

“I know Hailey,” Jayne replied.

“So…we really are on the same side.”

“They may say that you are, but unfortunately you need to prove that to me,” Jayne replied.

“I will,” Damon replied arrogantly.

“I look forward to that day,” Jayne said with a smile, the promise she’d made to Hailey the only thing that was stopping her from squashing Damon Salvatore like a bug.

“It’ll be coming soon,” he said. “Just you watch Jayne Perrin.”

She threw the stake at him in annoyance, purposefully slow so that he’d have time to dodge it. “Never call me Jayne,” she said dangerously. “Ever again.”

Damon looked up at the stake that he’d avoided and back to her quickly. “Fine then Slayer,” he replied, whipping the stake from the tree in which it was embedded. Jayne reached for it, but he held it too high for her to reach. She eyes him carefully before jumping over his head and landing in the lowest branch of the tree.

He looked around, shocked. “You did that…how?”

“Something you’re never going to find out Salvatore,” she replied, staring down at him. “Because I’ll kill you before you do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sigh, i lost a subscriber. For some reason, it didn't affect me as much as it normally does. Anyway, thanks for reading.

Nita.xx