For What You Are

Anberlin and Paramore

Kara and Elena were talking in a quiet sitting room where there were no dancing bodies or people trying to hide stuff from Kara.

“So you don’t like carrots?” Elena said incredulously while Kara tried to figure out how on earth they had gotten onto the subject.

“No,” Kara explained. “The colour is seriously off putting. I mean, bright orange? Seriously.”

“But they’re supposed to help with eyesight and everything,” Elena responded.

“My eyesight is fine as far as I can tell,” Kara continued before acting like a blind person on purpose. “Now where did I put my glasses…”

Elena chuckled just as Damon walked back into the room.

“What do you want Damon?” she asked wearily.

“I,” he said with emphasis, “don’t want anything. Your boyfriend’s looking for you.”

“Well,” she said, turning back to Kara. “It was lovely speaking to you. And don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll catch up on the work you need for school in no time. If not, I’m sure I can pull in a few favours.”

“Thank you,” Kara said with an honest smile as she got up and walked out of the room. Her seat however was soon filled by Damon. “Can you drop me home?” she asked, quite bored by the whole party.

“So soon?” Damon asked in shock. “The party hasn’t even started yet.”

“Well, didn’t I tell you? I don’t like parties, and I have to be up early tomorrow to study. So, I would really like to go home.”

“All right,” he sighed surprisingly, giving in much quicker than Kara thought possible. Even offering his hand to help her up. Her shock must have been plain upon her face because he responded, “I have somewhere to be as well.”

That kind of ruined her hopes at getting to know a ‘nice’ Damon. But she followed him out, waving goodbye at Hailey as she went.

There was some fairly decent music playing as they drove home. When a familiar yet annoying song came on, Kara picked up Damon’s iPod and glanced at who it was.

“You seriously have this on here?” she asked incredulously, staring at the artist.

“You don’t like it?” he inquired.

“I would rather kill myself than listen to Taylor Swift!” she said, shivering before stopping it and changing it to something better.

“Anberlin?” Damon asked as she sat back in her seat and Readyfuels sounded through the car. “I never would’ve guessed that.”

“Best band in the universe,” Kara commented. “But coming in a close second is Paramore.”

“Favourite song?”

“Misery Business,” she said. “I can play it on expert on Guitar Hero.”

“Me too. We’ll have to have a play off some time.”

“Is that another date?” Kara asked. “After this horrible one!”

“It wasn’t horrible,” he said, but after seeing her expression he quickly continued, “Well, maybe it wasn’t fantastic. But that’s not my fault. You weren’t mingling.”

“I spoke to Elena,” she said.

“You ONLY spoke to Elena,” Damon responded. “Of course you were bored.”

“Well…” Okay, she didn’t have a response to that.

“2.00 tomorrow,” he said as they pulled into the driveway. “I’ll pick you up.”

“I do have a car you know.”

“But you don’t know where I live,” he replied with a wink as Kara stepped out. “Bye bye!”

“See ya,” she responded, walking up to the front door and checking her watch. Only eleven o’clock. Wow. Getting her keys out, she noticed that Damon was still waiting for her to go inside, even if he was giving a death stare to her roof.

That’s nice, she thought as she opened the door. Stepping inside, Kara turned to wave goodbye, but he was already speeding off down the road. So she shut the door and went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sigh. Attempting to write a chapter a day in a room with no air conditioning and its really hot. I AM DYING!
Just thought you needed to know that. And that Anberlin is the best band ever.
So, enjoy ,comment, subscribe, whatever floats your Mibba boat.

Nita.xx