Sequel: Trophy Eyes.
Status: NEW!

Tech Romance.

On someone who will never care enough.

“How was the party?”

“And who told you about that?” I asked looking down at the pale girl who looked about 8 but in all actuality she was 12 going on 13.

“Kathy has a big mouth”, she said with a smile.

I looked over at the red head sitting there with a big smile on her face as she looked into the room. My eyes were back at Daisy looking into her big brown eyes.

“She does, doesn’t she?”

Daisy just simply laughed nodding her head in agreement. I gave her a warm smile before placing the book down on her lap. I watched her shaky hands pick up the book and her brown eyes scanning all over it.

“A Walk to Remember?” she asked looking it over. “Is that the Mandy Moore movie where she dies?”

I looked over at the book, I was nervous about her reading it but I thought it would be good for her. “It more than that Daisy, it’s an amazing book. I think you’d really love it.”

“Do you like it?”

I looked around the room as Daisy followed my eyes confused as to why I was looking all around the room. I looked back at her with a smile on my lips.

“Between you and I”, I said looking over to the door and then back into her eyes. “It’s one of my favorites.”

She let out a small laugh before dropping the book on her lap, a smile on her face. I looked down at my phone seeing that call I was waiting for. I looked back up at Daisy with a smile and her lips turned into a frown.

“You have to go?”

“I do”, I said looking down at the miss call blink across my screen. “I have to go to church.”

“Oh okay, will I see you tomorrow?” she asked with hopeful eyes.

“Of course Daisy”, I said with a smile standing up from the chair and straightening out my skirt. “I’ll see you tomorrow”, I said with a smile leaning down and giving her a kiss on the forehead.

“See you tomorrow Ali.”

I walked towards the door with a smile on my face before turning back around and giving her a smile. I walked to Kathy’s desk leaving the visitor’s badge down on the cold metal.

“I don’t understand why you always return that every Sunday?”

I just gave her a shrug before giving her a warm smile and walking out the big heavy doors into the warm Arizona air. After parking my car I speed walked my way to the church’s doors praying I wasn’t late. When I noticed everyone still walking around the pews I let out a big breath out.

“Hey honey.”

“Hi Mom”, I said with a smile kissing her cheek softly. “You look beautiful”, I said in a small voice as I walked over to my Dad.

“Thank you baby.”

“Glad you can join us Bug”, he said placing a soft kiss on my cheek.

I just rolled my eyes with a smile before taking a seat in between both parents. I looked over to the side seeing Sophie sitting there with her parents, looking just as bored as the rest of the teenagers there. I sat there looking down at my hands at the preacher spoke. I didn’t dare to look up my thoughts were somewhere else. When my eyes were finally brought up they landed on a tall lank boy with a bandage across his head. I looked over at him noticing the white bandage on his forehead and the cast on his arms. He must have noticed me staring; his eyes turned to look at me and for a second our eyes were burning into each other. Neither of us looked away, looking at each other like it was some kind of staring contest. Finally his green eyes looked away from mine and looked up at the ceiling. I averted my eyes back down at my hands that were rested on my lap until it was all over.

“Did you hear what happened?”

I looked over at those brown eyes looking into mine with such excitement in them. I shook my head unsure of what she was talking about.

“With John.”

I shook my head unsure of what she was talking about. I looked over at John and noticed him attached to his parent’s side scared to make a move. The black cast on his hand looking rather uncomfortable especially in this heat.

“You know how he practically saved our asses, well the cops were like chasing him and his dumbass ran straight into a wall. He got arrested and I guess he might go to prison.”

I looked back at him and saw that look on his face and it looked like all this didn’t faze him. It looked like he could care less about what was happening. His green eyes turned and looked in my direction staring at me and then he switched his glance back to his girlfriend standing there trying to get his attention.

“Thats sad.”

“That’s horrible”, she said throwing her hands up in exhaustion.

“He’s way too hot to go to prison.”

I turned my direction to the red head behind me; I had no idea who she was. Sophie nodded her head in agreement before rolling her eyes at the strange girl and looking back at me.

“Aren’t you Moose’s new girl?”

I turned my head back at the red head as Sophie stared at the girl in disgust. I was guessing they knew each other.

“Aren’t you his old girl?” she asked with a smirk on his lips. “As well as all those guys’, you really get around.”

I watched as the red head rolled her eyes before walking off stomping her heels in aggravation. I looked over at Sophie with a look.

“She’s Max’s ex girlfriend and she slept with all those guys.”

“You don’t know that for sure”, I said in a soft voice.

“I do, they all told me”, she said with a laugh before putting her arm around my shoulder.
“Now let’s going, were going shopping.”

I nodded my head with a smile before looking over at John standing there hands in his pockets. I watched as his parents had their back to him, and that’s when I saw the look of guilt and sadness on his face.

[&]

“Sit up straight John!”

I lowered my body more into the chair to show that I that didn’t care. I looked back at my Dad who just stared at me with a stern look. I rolled my eyes before straighten up my body.

“Posture isn’t going to help this situation”, I said with a roll of my eyes before giving them a grin.

“They’re probably going to throw you in prison”, My Dad said with annoyance in his voice, I couldn’t wait till I was 18 so I wouldn’t have to deal with my parents getting involved with all the shit I was doing.

“If they were they would have done it already”, I said with a wide smile.

“Don’t smile at me, that’s not going to get you out of this.”

“It always has.”

Both my parents gave me a smirk, trying their hardest not to laugh. I sat there tapping my fingers on the chair waiting for this shit to hurry up and be done with. When I heard the door open and shut close I watched as both of my parents turn their body to look but I stood still in my chair looking over at the empty chair being filled.

“Hello there John”, I watched as Sherriff Jacobs shake my father’s hand. “Debbie”, he said with a grin kissing my Mother’s cheek. “Junior”, he said with a grin before taking a seat on the chair with a file in hand.

“I see you guys have it hard with this one.”

“No kidding”, my Dad said with a laugh, sucking up to his old friend.

“What are you doing kid?”

“Sitting.”

“In life”, he said as my parents both flinched. “You’re not even 18 yet and you’re already been behind bars multiple times.”

“Bad luck”, I said with a shrug as my Dad reached over and slapped the back of my head.

“You’re not a dumb kid John”, he said as I rolled my eyes waiting for this stupid fucking lecture. “You just graduated high school with an average of 3.2. And from my understanding you’re going to attended ASU in the fall. Are you going to throw this all away from parties?”

I looked up at him and immediately I felt my wall break down at the sound of my Mom crying. I shook my head dropping the” I don’t care act”. I looked past Mr. Jacobs and saw pictures on his back wall. I could see Alison standing there with big smiles in every picture. My attention was brought back to the papers being placed on the desk; I looked down at the police report before looking back at him.

“You’re a smart kid and all this could go away simple.”

I looked over at him waiting for him to finish. “You have to complete 100 hours of community service.”

“100?!” I yelled in shock, was this guy high.

“Yes, a 100. It could be done quickly, a couple of hours here a couple of hours there. You have by the end of this year to clear it all up and I expect it done right and no lacking John.”
I nodded my head as he pulled out a paper work.

“Scripps Memorial Hospital needs some extra helping hands so I already called their main direction and you’re all signed up. Go in Monday morning at about 8 and sigh in and do as you are told”, he said sternly handing me some paper work. “I don’t want to hear about you messing around or anything like that.”

I nodded my head before grabbing the papers from his hands looking down at the words printed. My eyes scanning over, all I could think have was I didn’t want to be around sick people. This was going to suck.

“Please don’t let me down.”

Those words alone scared me, because I knew I was. I was always a letdown to everyone in my life. I was just going to add him to the list.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit!

Thank you all so much for reading, means so much to me!
Special shout out to you amazing people!
purple_em
charluxlie
A Love Like This
DanielleOhhhh
HarryPotterFreakie
zackyVplz
drea_uhoh
blondenlovinit
Reckless
ilovetoast