Status: completed :)

It Wasn't Meant to Be Like This

Meeting Maggie

If I have a wish, any wish at all. I would ask to go back in time so I could meet Beth first and Jack was the one who was in pain.

Jack and Beth have been in their own little world and it makes me sick, I find myself wanting to throttle Jack or just scream at Beth as the image of someone hurts her makes me want to commit murder. Jack came home the other night, with a smug expression on his face.

I asked him why he was so happy.

He told me that Beth and him were getting close to having sex.

I almost threw the rolling pin that was near by him. I asked him what he meant, he said that, during the afternoon while I was in the apartment, studying for photography assignment. (I hadn’t decided whether or not to give up Mechanics yet) anyways, while I was having no social life, Beth and Jack had been at Beth’s apartment making out rather roughly, how do I know this?

There was lipstick on his neck, his clothes were untidy and the smug bastard told me, bragging how good she was. I didn’t understand how I could be so jealous, how this girl could do this to me. I simply didn’t understand.

That was last week, Jack was now telling me what he was planning to buy, well give Beth for Christmas, it was only November but because he was so excited, he said he planned for a little getaway, somewhere in London he told me.

I almost cried in pain.

London, I would love to go London, especially with Beth. I would take her every where she wanted to go and let her spend all my money and take so many photos. I would make it so much more interesting than Jack.

We were going out to dinner tomorrow, Jack told me to bring a date and I told him to fuck himself, he simply laughed and walked out the door. I couldn’t help think what would happen if I did bring a date. Would Beth even care?

No.

So I decided I would find myself a date, I couldn’t be that ugly right? I searched my phone for any decent people but couldn’t think of anyone appropriate for a decent meal that we had to dress fancy for. Thankfully, Jack was paying.

I stopped suddenly, seeing the name I hadn’t even noticed before. Maggie.

Who was Maggie? I don’t even have a recollection of her. Fuck it, I pressed the green button and put my phone to my ear, listening to the ringing sound. After 5 rings, a voice picked up.

“Hello?” a female voice, sounding calm and collected.

“Hi, is this Maggie?” I ask, praying to God that it was or this could turn out to be incredibly awkward.
“Speaking” she says, she sounded nice.

“Hi, this is Finn. Finn Donnell. You probably don’t remember me…we met at a club a while back-” I was about to say.

“Oh, I remember. We had sex right?” she says bluntly. I clear my throat, feeling uncomfortable.

“Um, yeah. Sorry about that. I was kind of…I don’t know. Anyways I was hoping we could meet up?” I say pleading almost.

“You need to get laid again or something because no offence…I was drunk and I’m not some whore-”

“No! I wasn’t wanting that. Look, can you please meet me and I’ll explain everything” I say, deciding that she deserved to know why I even slept with her in the first place.

“Fine. Meet me at Starbucks near the central park. Don’t be late. You have ten minutes she says and hangs up.” I stare at the phone blankly.

“Bossy” I mumble and quickly leave thinking she might do something really bad, if I was late.

When I got to Starbucks and parked and actually went inside and I mistakenly pushed a door that said pull, much to my own embarrassment as two teenager girls walked past snickering.

I saw her Maggie with her fiery red hair and rather beautiful blue eyes, I forgot how attractive she was.

“Maggie?” I ask tentatively, as I approached her. Maggie glanced at me, and smiled widely.

“Finn.” she says nodding. I ask if I can take a seat and she waves me to.

“So…you wanted to talk?” Maggie says. I nod.

“Look, what happened that night. I’m sorry for using you…I was drunk and full of anger to be honest” I say, feeling guilty that I had left so bitterly that following morning.

Maggie giggled as if I said that I had five eyes and three noses. “What’s so funny?” I ask, trying to join in on her laughter.

“I’m not offended Finn, we were both in on it. Now what’s the real reason you want me here?” she asks and before I know it, I’m diving into the whole story how I was most likely in love with my best friend’s girlfriend.

“So, you need a date?” Maggie asks and I shamefully nodded.

“I know I’m using you again, I’ll pay you if I have to. But you have no idea how much you’ll be helping me out” I say desperately. What’s the use, I was beyond low now.

Maggie looked at me thoughtfull and I was expecting a slap around the face for asking her to pretend to be my date that liked me.

“You don’t have to pay me Finn, in a odd way. I’m touched. I’ll be your date but you can pick me up and drop me off okay?” she says and I stare at her in shock.

“Thank you” I breathe, wanting to kiss her feet with mercy. Maggie smiles at me.

“No problem, now we going to have a coffee or what? I’m parched!” she announces, I buy the coffees with little haste and we had a nice chat, she told me about herself and I regretted even more leaving that morning as she was a nice girl and I hoped we could still be friends now. Maggie said we could, as long as we didn’t sleep together again.

After our chat, I went straight home and began to get ready, in a way I wanted Beth to be jealous but then I didn’t want her to think I had a serious girlfriend. I made sure I looked decent and when Jack finally came back, dressed ready along with Beth who looked stunning might I add in a elegant black dress, that stopped just above her knees. She looked so grown up and sophisticated and I wondered why she was dating such an immature prick, but then again I didn’t know how he truly was with her, when they were alone.

Her hair was in big waves, cascading down her shoulders, a silver necklace around her neck, she was wearing dangly earrings that moved when she talked so brightly. Her eyes had a smoky effect which added the word ‘sexy as hell’ on to her appearance. She was petite height anyways so she was wearing black stilettos. She was beautiful, end of discussion.

I told Jack I’d meet him at the restaurant, which I’ll shamefully admit into googling so I wouldn’t have to ask him for directions. He was always telling me how I always had to ask him where things were.

Beth gave me a bright smile and I couldn’t help smile back and I wondered how I was going to control myself, as I walked past her, she smelled gorgeous she was wearing some designer perfume but it smelled divine and it made my attraction grow, and dirty mind worsen.

I got into my car and drove to Maggie’s house, which she told where it was as I had forgotten where she lived. I really was an asshole. A forgetful asshole.

When I knocked on her door, my mouth dropped as Maggie answered in a slinky, gorgeous silky red dress that clung to every curve in her body, it didn‘t have sleeves, just thick straps that covered her shoulders modestly. It stopped above the thighs but on Maggie, it didn’t look slutty. She looked…amazing. Her red hair was in in a do, with ringlets escaping out occasionally.

“You look amazing” I say honestly, wishing I didn’t have such strong feelings for Beth, otherwise I would go for someone like Maggie, who was a nice, funny, beautiful girl but hadn’t found someone for her and would settle for someone.

“Thanks, I thought I better make an effort. We want to make an impression don’t we?” she teases and I can’t help smile. She had the right amount of makeup, her bright blue eyes popping out.

“You don’t look too bad yourself” she says, looking me up and down and my confidence grew. I was determined to have a good time tonight.

“Thanks, so you ready?” I ask and Maggie nods.

“Hold on..” she says and she disappears inside then reappears, with a long black suit jacket, shrugging it on. It matched her shoes, which were similar to Beth’s. God, I was turning gay. I shouldn’t go into so much detail about what girls wear. It’s not natural.

“Let’s go amigo” she says and I noticed she pronounced it perfectly.

We got in my car, Maggie chose a station and she gave me a pet talk on how everything will work out find, tonight was about having fun.

By the time I got to the parking lot in the restaurant, my confidence was soaring. I was feeling like Rocky when he was preparing for a fight. I was ready….

Then, when I got out the car and Maggie held onto my arm casually, as we entered the place, we told who we were sitting with. As we approached, Jack and Beth were kissing softly, they pulled away and I saw the genuine happy smile on Beth’s face.

I lost all my mind then, completely blank that I forgot to introduce Maggie, who gave me a secretive, sympathetic glance.

“Not going to introduce us then Finn?” Jack teases. I imagined punching him, but I knew that if I did, I wouldn’t get the red wine (that was on our table) stain out of my suit, that would be a shame.
♠ ♠ ♠
I liked this one, I feel bad for Finn.
If you read the chapters early on, the girl that Finn slept with?
That's Maggie....:)
She won't be a main character but she'll be a slight part of the story.
Comments Please?
Subscribe?
Thanks <3