Status: completed :)

It Wasn't Meant to Be Like This

Morning Birthday Boy

“Happy Birthday To You! Happy Birthday To You! Happy Birthday Dear Loser…Happy Birthday to You!” April, so sweetly sang to me. Then continued to dive bomb on top of me.

“Ow!” I complain, and start laughing as April sat on me.

“Happy Birthday Finn!” she announces brightly, I cursed the day I gave her a key to this apartment.

“Hey Freak, mind getting off me?” I chuckle and April does, eventually. I sit up, propping myself with my elbow and I see April had brought me breakfast in bed.

“Aw, Freak you’re turning soft on me” I tease and April rolls her eyes but doesn’t make a comment. Today was my birthday, it was the 13th June. I know 13, unlucky number…I knew that was why I was cursed.

“I can’t believe you’re twenty two! You old loser!” April teases, as I sip the tea she made me, slightly milky but it would do.

“I know, I’ll be going grey soon” I say, feeling old.

“Don’t talk crap Finn!” she teases.

“Why you here so early?” I ask, seeing the clock reading 7am. It was Saturday, thank god so I didn’t have to work. I was touched April had got up so earlier.

“Hmm, I want to spend the day with my brother and Mom dropped me off…she has to work but she says she loves you and she’ll call you when you’re up…”

“How will she know I’m up?” I ask.

“I’m texting her now….” she says, tapping on the buttons. I sigh, and bite into the toast April had made me.

“Is Jack up?” I ask, with my mouth full.

“Hmmm” April says absent minded…and continued to text. I doubt she was texting Mom still, more like her boyfriend.

My phone suddenly alerted to life and it made jump when I should have seen it coming. I picked it up instantly.

“Hi Mom” I say, already knowing it was her.

“Happy birthday baby!” she cheers and I can’t help smile.

“Thanks Mom” I say, wishing she was actually here.

“Sorry I’m not there, I’m only working till 12. I promise to come over…it was an emergency. I love you!” Mom says, rambling.

“It’s okay, love you too” I say, as we hang up. A short, but sweet conversation.

“So, did you get me a present?” I ask April cheekily and she giggles, but nods eagerly. I suddenly felt like a kid again.

April runs out and comes back in, with a medium sized box, I opened it to find a brand new hooded sweatshirt, one I really wanted.

I also knew it was expensive.

“April!” I scold, but I was smiling. April grinned widely. “You like it?” she asks, I nod and give her an one arm hug.

“I love it sis, thank you” I say warmly. April grins, obviously pleased with herself. I knew it was time to get up, seeing as I had no chance of getting back to sleep.

“Move out then, I need to have a shower” I yawn and April nods and says she’ll wait for me, while watching my TV. I quickly went and showered and got changed, purposely wearing my hoodie.

April smiled when she saw me. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” they shout, as the popped out of the kitchen, making me almost shit myself. Beth and Jack grinning like maniacs.

“OH MY GOD!” I scream in response, my heart racing. They start laughing and I soon join in.

“Happy Birthday Finn!” Beth says, and surprisingly she hugs me but I think it was allowed. I thanked her and was soon manly hugged by Jack.

Jack had got me a present, even though I insisted I didn’t want anything. He got me a new car stereo. A brand new one and I almost punched him for it.

“This is awesome Jack but this must have cost-” I was about to say, until he stopped me.

“Dude, stop being a dick. Just accept it” he says and I scold him for language near April, who shouted that she didn’t mind.

I thanked him again and felt very spoiled. Beth told gave me a card and I looked at it curiously. “Open it privately” she whispers in my ear, as she gave me another quick hug. I thanked her and felt very curious to read the card.

“Oh, hold on…I got some cards from Aaron, Greg, Harry and them.” Jack says, disappearing into his room. April was thankfully not paying attention, so I took this as a chance by going into the kitchen. Beth followed.

I opened the card, and glanced at Beth, who was biting her lip nervously. I opened the card and read.

Dear Finn,

Happy 22nd Birthday!
I know things haven’t gone to plan lately and I promise I’m not playing you. I really do like you, which is why….I’ve booked us a weekend away, next week in a hotel in New York, and to see a show of your choice. Hope you say yes.

Love Always,
Beth xxx

I stared it, rereading so I didn’t misunderstand. Had she really booked a weekend away from us?

“Beth-” I begin. She leaned forward.

“If you don’t want go, I totally understand…I just wanted to do something nice seeing as I’ve been taking too long to end it and I didn’t want you to feel like I was using you…” Beth babbled. I glanced at the doorway, Jack wasn’t in sight.

I placed a finger on her lips, silencing her. “I would love to go” I admit honestly. Beth grins and quickly hugs me but pulls away too soon for my liking.

“How we going to sneak out?” I ask. Beth smiles.

“I say I’m visiting Zoey, make up something about a photography convention. I don’t know-” I grin suddenly, which made Beth stop talking altogether.

“What?” she laughs, touching her cheek self-consciously. I reach and tuck a curl behind her ear.

“Thank for my present Beth, it means a lot” I say and Beth grins, my hand still touching her face.

“You’re beautiful” I whisper and Beth smiles wider. I wanted to kiss her, but I knew I couldn’t risk it. We ended our moment, with one last look before returning into the living room. Jack gave me the cards and I read them and was very grateful with the 150 dollars between them. I now had spending money for my trip with Beth. A trip I was severely looking forward too.

“So, what’s the plan today?” April asks and I suddenly felt worried.

“Plan?” I ask. Jack grins mischievously.

“Leave it to us buddy, we have the whole day planned!” Jack says and I noticed Beth and April look suddenly excited. I didn’t know whether not to be excited, or nervous.

“So, first stop…the tattoo parlour!” April announces and I hoped to god she was joking.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't like this chapter, it feels rushed....
I'm really sorry if it's crap.
Please feel free to tell me if it is.
I just want to get to the good part of the story!! :)
Subscribe?
Comments? <3