Status: completed :)

It Wasn't Meant to Be Like This

New York, New York!

He didn’t dump her, thank god. Ryan didn’t dump my little sister, no…he’s brought her a necklace, and he said he loved her. I found this completely unreasonable and stupid, as they’re just kids, they don’t know the concept of love. They don’t understand love.

So April is no longer talking to me….because I voiced my opinion.

I didn’t care to be honest, I was far too excited as in two days I was going to “South California’ to visit some distant relatives and take some pictures for my assignments. Beth has told Jack that Zoey needed her for the weekend, and with me being nowhere near New York, Jack has no suspicions.

I was so excited, I literally couldn’t wait to have Beth a whole weekend for myself, a whole entire weekend which I know will go too fast. My tattoo was healing nicely, and to be honest it looked pretty badass. My Mom flipped when she saw it, and I didn’t even tell her. She was putting some washing on and I mistakenly too my shirt off and put it in the wash too…walking out of the kitchen giving Mom a clear view of it on the back of my shoulder.

I’ve never heard my Mom cuss before.

I had packed already, and with my camera too to make the plan seem foolproof, Jack is pretty bummed he has to spend the weekend alone, but he said he might go chill and hang out with Aaron and Greg, who have recently been keeping in touch again. Aaron and I haven’t spoken properly since my birthday party, and even then it was awkward. Beth and I had decided to go see Chicago, I mostly chose it because sexy women were going to be dancing and it involved crime and cynical women. Beth chose it because a.) It was my gift and b.) she loved the songs. I’ve caught her singing “All That Jazz” in several occasions.

The plan was, we were going to drive down instead of flying, even though it’s a short flight. But I can’t afford it and a road trip would be more fun. Beth and I sharing the driving, we’ve estimated 6 hours in total. We’re spilt the hours in half, and we’re leaving about 6am in the morning…the things I do for Beth.

---

“I’ll see you when I get back Jack” I tell Jack, who was half asleep against the door way, this was his “wishing me goodbye” routines. I slapped his face slightly, and he grunted and walked away, into his room and shut the door behind. Thanks Jack.

I picked up my jacket, and small roller suitcase and headed out, making sure I had my keys and phone, wallet too. I closed the door behind me, locking it behind me because I would hate for Jack to be murdered.

Making my way down the steps, with an unusual spring into them. I swung my keys around my index finger as I made my to the car, uncaring that it was still slightly dark outside. I put my stuff in my car, and got in and started it, choosing a decent station and made my way to Beth’s house.

Bring on this weekend.

---

“Don’t you dare change this station!” I warn Beth for the millionth time. It was approximately 8am, and we’d been driving for about 2 hours. Beth slept for an hour and then decided to wake up and piss me off, well playfully pissing me off.

“Who listens to this crap?” Beth scoffs. I roll my eyes and slap her hand away again, as it sneakily crept up to the tuner.

“Last chance” I threaten and Beth smirks widely.

“What you going to do Finny?” she mocks, and I growl with annoyance. Curse the day she heard that ridiculous nickname my ‘friends’ christened me.

“Kick you out the damn car Lizzie” I mock and I see her eyebrows furrow down.

“Finny” she mumbles childishly, crossing her arms in defeat as she stared at the car window. The was sun was risen, but it seemed a cooler day for a summer’s day.

“Lizzie” I sing, and I see her trying so hard not to smile. In the end, I poke her sides sending her into a fit of giggles.

“Finny!” she shrieks, as I poke her again.

“Lizzie!” I chide back.

“Finny!”

“Lizzie!”

“Finny!”

“Lizzie”

“I love you!”

“I love you too!” I shout back, grinning widely, chuckling. Beth takes my hand, wrapping our fingers together.

“Let’s play a game” she announces. I nod, as I changed the gear, reconnecting our hands almost immediately.

“Okay” I say simply.

Beth breathes in deeply, leaning back in the seat, her feet propped up the window sill, her French manicured toes on show.

“I spy with my little eye…” Beth begins and I start chuckling, as she continues to play, our hands tightening around each other.

God, I loved this girl. I leaned over and kissed her hair, the smell of peaches wafted up my nose, making it my new addiction.

“Something beginning with S” finishes Beth and for the next 20 minutes, we play ‘I Spy’. It was comfortable talking to Beth, just talking about random crap but actually caring about the random crap we talked about.

The drive was exhausting but Beth kept me entertained, we stopped about half nine, at a local diner and had some food, which I as a gentlemen, paid for. Beth and I switched then, giving me an hours long powernap, and laughing at Beth as she tried to figure out how to drive my Jeep.

Within the hours, it flew and soon we were in New York City, the city that never sleeps and full of excitement. Beth seemed to have a deep connection with New York. She was buzzing when we got in, after another 15 minutes we found the hotel and I must admit, it looked fancy. Nothing like the Ritz but it definitely looked expensive. I was suddenly concerned that Beth spend too much on me.

We parked and I immediately jumped out, desperate to stretch my legs.

“Ah!” I say with relief, as my back cracked.

“What you think?” Beth asks me excitedly, as we looked up at the “Bright City Hotel” sign that read in big flashy red and lights above the entrance.

“It’s amazing! Thank you so much” I say sincerely, putting my arm around her shoulders as we looked at it for a second longer.

“C’mon, let’s go check in. We have our own suite!” Beth shrieks and I grin, and we grab our bags and ran inside, ignoring what people whispered. When we got the desk, the snobby twat at the front was being extremely flirty with Beth, which made me make the ‘Uh-Hem’ noise. He rolled his eyes at me twice, clicked his tongue about fifty and I was determined to punch him once…

After finally checking in, which took forever. The bellhop took our bags and we skipped up the fifth floor.

“NEW YORK! NEW YORK!” I sing loudly, as the guy opened the door for us, I picked up Beth, throwing her over my shoulder, causing her to shriek with laughter.

“FINN! Put me down!” she orders and I do, I throw her on the neatly made bed. I gave the bellhop a tip and closed the door behind him.

“I wanna wake up in a city that doesn’t sleep. New York, New York!” I sang, in Frank Sinatra style, even though the words were wrong…I didn’t care.

I shimmered over to Beth, who was watching my little performance.

“Come through New York, NEW YORK!” I sing, as loud as possible and Beth bursts into hysterics, running over to me and tackling me, covering my mouth. I couldn’t stop laughing, as she straddled me, hushing me.

“Finn! We’ll get kicked out!” she giggles, as she covers my mouth again. I shake my head and try and wriggle out her surprisingly strong grasp. We remained as we were, me lying on the floor, with Beth on top of me, covering my mouth.

She suddenly let her hand off and bent down and kissed me, with passion. I kissed her back, rougher and harder then before suddenly needing her like I hadn’t need her before. I came to the realization. That Elizabeth was mine for the whole weekend and I was going to fucking love it.

“I love you Elizabeth” I whisper, kissing her over and over again, swapping positions, rolling her to the floor, me straddling her now. Our breathing getting quicker, the lust and passion increasing. She wraps her legs around my waist and I hoist her up as I picked her up, our lips never ending.

“I love you, I love you, I l*ove you, I love you” she chants, as we collapse on to the gorgeously soft bed. She allowed my hands to roam, just touching the hem of her baseball t-shirt which she was wearing.

I wait, for her to push me away. She doesn’t, so I continue. I let my hand gently run under her shirt, feeling the smoothness and warmth of her skin. Goose bumps appeared at my touch, as I trailed up towards.

I feel Beth doing the same to me and before I know it, my shirt is been taken off. I smile at Beth, in all her beauty below me.

Beth stared at my chest, and I suddenly felt compelled to ask. “Why you staring at me?” I laugh, as I kiss her neck, running my other hand up her t-shirt. I manage to tug it off gently.

Her black bra was revealed and I smirked, as Beth slightly blushed. We obviously going to be doing something this weekend, despite watching a show.

“I don’t mean it badly, you just have a really nice body…you’re beautiful Finn” Beth says calmly, her chest rising and falling in pattern.

I’ve been called cute, rarely hot but never beautiful. I felt suddenly special. I smiled at Beth, filled with confidence that a girl like Beth, would actually love me.

“You’re sorely mistaken Miss. Carlton, you see…I’m in love with a very beautiful girl…and her name is Elizabeth…and she looks extremely sexy right now” I murmur against her skin, placing kisses all over her, her chest, her stomach, face, her neck.

She shivered under my touch and it drove me insane. We started kissing, our tongues exploring and I could feel my ‘friend’ below getting happy. Beth smirked against our lips and started teasing me.

I couldn’t hold back a soft moan, as she pushed herself against me. I kissed her harder, determined to get her back. It take long, as I found her soft spot in the gape of her neck. I suck slightly on her skin and she moaned quite loudly, I smirk, pleased with myself.

We continued making out, teasing one another until Beth decided it was enough. I say Beth because I would have gladly continued doing this for quite some time. I knew it wasn’t the time to have sex though, seeing as we just arrived. I wasn’t that desperate…

After tidying ourselves up, unpacking…we decided to go scope out the city. It was about 3pm now, we had a good few hours before it would get dark. I decided to quickly text Jack, letting him know I got here okay. He’s such a worrier otherwise.

Walking around the city was pure bliss, being able to hold hands with Beth in public and kiss her whenever I wanted was amazing. Although I enjoyed our secret kisses, and thrill of excitement. I much preferred the ability to show her off.

“So what’s the plan Beth? Rob a store, buy some liquor and find your drug dealer?” I tease and Beth giggles, leaning against me as we walked, I wrap my arm around her waist, bringing her close into me. I didn’t like the look of the weird guy behind us…so it was best to keep her close.

“I was thinking we’d do some shopping, then go find this amazing sushi place that Zoey too me to once…then back to hotel and I might, just might let you snuggle” Beth says, being sarcastic at the end.

“Oh, gee, thanks Beth…you’re so generous” I say monotone and Beth giggled, making me smile. It was abnormal for me to be this happy, maybe even illegal. I shouldn’t be this happy, under the circumstances. In fact, I should be burying myself alive right now not traipsing around New York with my best friend’s girlfriend, soon to be ex.

But when Beth showed me this cute dress she wanted to try on for our date tonight, I couldn’t help think I was the luckiest bastard alive, and Jack was completely out of the equation. We brought the dress because in all honesty, it looked great and I loved seeing her so happy. Despite my hatred of female shopping. After another hour of looking round, we went back to the hotel and got changed into something smarter. Beth got into her new dress, it was a mid-thigh teal blue dress, with no straps but looked amazing on her. Beth did her hair in ringlets as per usual, and her makeup was to a professional standard. After throwing on some smarts jeans and dress white shirt, rolling the sleeves up. We called a cab and went off to the sushi place that Beth had mentioned.

After our enjoyable meal, we didn’t snuggle. We had sex, made love and all that jazz for most of the night and I thanked my lucky stars for the greatest birthday gift ever. I loved this girl so much and I hope she believes me every time I tell her because it’s the most honest thing I’ve ever said in my entire life. We fell asleep, my arms wrapped protectively around her and I loved it more that the following morning, she didn’t bitch me out, she stayed perfectly in my arms, snuggling against me, sighing with content.

This is what my life was all about.

Simply Beth, just Beth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, first off.
Apologies if the makeout session thing was awful because I'm really awkward writing the sex stuff. So hopefully you're imaginations can make it better...
Secondly, I completely forgot to include the link that was his new tattoo....

http://www.makesweet.com/example/1923.html

Imagine it on the back of his shoulder...

and Lastly, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Your feedback would be mostly appreciated.
Thanks to all who commented <3