Status: completed :)

It Wasn't Meant to Be Like This

The Fight

“Night babe” I hear Jack call, and a kissing sound, the door being closed then Jack walking back into the living room where I was currently situated, sulkily watching TV.

“Hey jackass, mind telling me why you were rude to Lizzie?” Jack snaps in a sharp, harsh tone and surprised me. Jack has never been like that before.

I stared at him blankly, thinking of a believable lie. “I wasn’t” I simply denied it. Jack glared at me with irritation.

“Don’t lie, you were so rude. She was talking to you and you kept spacing out, you hardly spoke to her in fact you hardly spoke to her at all!” Jack says angrily, his voice getting louder.

“I wasn’t in the mood” I shout defensively.

“I don’t care if you were in the mood! She’s my girlfriend Finn and it would mean a lot if you could least pretend to get a long with her, or simply be civil! I wasn’t asking for you to be best friends with her was I?” he rants and I realized how serious he was being.

“I’m sorry dude-” I try but Jack was having none of it.

“No, don’t apologize now. I’m seriously pissed at you! I only asked one thing!-” Suddenly snapped inside me.

“You didn’t even ask me if she could come round! You just demanded it!” I yell back.

“Like it matters-”

“Of course it matters, this is my apartment too!” I seethe, gripping the armchair.

“You’re so childish! When have I ever yelled at you for not asking me if you could bring a girl home!” Jack shouts.

“That was different, just one night stands! This was your girlfriend we’re talking about! You haven’t been around for fucking weeks and then you show up one evening say ‘oh my girlfriend is coming round, dress nicely’ you prick!” I shout.

“Get out of this fucking apartment!” Jack screams. I glare at him with fury and stand up, storming into my room, grabbing my coat and shoving my shoes off roughly that they weren’t even on properly. I grab my keys.

I storm past Jack who was sitting on the couch, TV off, with his head in his hands.

“Don’t wait up” I shout sarcastically and storm out, and I childishly slam the door but I didn’t care. I was going to go out and get drunk, find a random girl and have sex that I will regret in the morning.

Yes. That is exactly what I was going to do.

--

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I groaned slightly, shuffling under the covers and I reach out, the cold air hitting my arm as I picked up my cell phone.

I looked at it through squinted eyes, and looked at Caller ID.

Jack Calling…

Seeing his name brought back last night’s events. Our fight. I scoffed quietly and pressed the ignore button. I put the phone down and rolled over on my back. I then felt warmth against me. Someone else was in my bed.

Hold on….this isn’t my bed.

I was naked, I realized and I was next to a girl with bright red hair in messy curls. I looked at her face, she was actually very pretty. I had made a good choice.

She was sleeping soundly and I knew this was my cue of an exit. I pulled back the covers, reeling at the coolness. I quickly grab my scattered clothes. Sudden relief as I see a condom wrapper on the floor.

Thank God I remembered.

I pulled my clothes on quickly and tiptoed to the door, opened it as quietly as I could and walked out. I was in a flat I realized. I couldn’t really remember where I was or what I was doing here. Alcohol does that to you.

As I crept down the stairs, flashbacks of last night came back. I was kissing this girl, rushing to get to the bedroom, stripping our clothes off as quickly as I could.

I shuddered with disgust, and reached for the door handle. I opened it warily, looking back at the room I had just exited.

I left the room, closed the front door and emptied my mind of last night’s events.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmm, it sucks fighting with your best friend doesn't it? <3