Sequel: My Little Raspberry

My Little Cheesecake

9 ; -

Her mind was all over the place. Green Day was playing loud in the car stereo, telling her all the nasty words there was and ‘I hate you’ over and over again. All she felt was rage. The possibility was big that the police was going to get there before her, but she couldn’t care less. The music switched to a little more suicidal. Fuck that, she thought. Finally she could see the silhouettes of Betty’s dad’s house. No police cars outside and all the lights were out. Gwen stopped the car and took the keys. For a few seconds she just breathed, not to get some kind of panic attack.

To her relief, the police arrived merely minutes after her. She had already gotten out of the car to walk to the front door.

“Just wait a minute, miss, won’t you let us handle this matter,” the officer said, almost talking to Gwen as if she was a five-year-old. She was literally snorting from rage right now. He walked up to her, and she realized he didn’t want to make her angry in any way. She calmed herself down quickly.

“I’d rather follow you to the do-.”

“Please, we just wanna do our job.”

“And I just wanna make sure my friend is alright.” Even if he wanted to hold her back, he really hadn’t got the time to argue with her. She just followed him and his partner to the door and rang the bell. At first there was no respond, nothing moving. They rang again. Something was happening in there. Gwen was standing and stamping on the same spot. At last the door was swung open and she saw Betty’s dad standing in the doorway, looking nothing like charming.

“We had some disturbance reported about this address, sir, have you been drinking?”

“Well, mhy drrringking ish my oown bus’ness,” she said, slurring like mad.

“Sir, have you got kids in the house? Are you putting them to any harm?”

“Sche’r at her mama’s plashe.”

“That’s a fucking lie!” Gwen shrieked and was good on her way to punch him in the face.

“Who would you say that?” the officer asked her. She had no interest in answering. She didn’t care at all. All she did was slipping past the drunken man and rushed toward Betty’s room. She pushed the door open and looked around.

“Betty! Where are you?” The room looked empty, but yet, it was dark like the night in there. She cursed to herself when she realized that the light wasn’t actually working. “Come to me, sweetheart, I’m gonna get you out.”

“Are you sure?” she heard a whimpering voice say from behind a door. Carefully she pushed it aside and saw Betty sitting on the floor, mascara and eyeliner running down her cheeks. She could discern some sorts of bruises on her pale skin.

“You’ve got to be fucking kidding me,” she whispered and sunk down beside her beaten friend, “he did that to you?”

“Mhm, I told you it never turns out this bad when he drinks.” She looked so small, almost like a little baby.

“You wanna get out of here? You wanna go home to me?” Betty only nodded. She wasn’t the type of girl who would want to go to the hospital unless it was extremely necessary. As a helping hand, Gwen supported Betty to get up on her own feet. When they got to the outer door, Gwen saw the police officers doing some sort of test to see if he was drunk or not. You didn’t have to be an expert that he was totally disabled. When they saw Gwen with Betty almost hanging from her shoulder, they both looked shocked.

“Sir, you’re gonna have to come down with us to the police station.”

“Wchyy ar yo schaying that?”

“Don’t take us for stupid asses, you should know what you’ve done, and now you’re gonna come with us.”

Betty’s dad was a big man, or at least he looked like a bull. Though he wasn’t putting up a fight, he was making it a little bit hard for the two cops to get him to follow them to the car. Gwen just held onto Betty’s arm and led her to her mother’s car. When they both had gotten into it Gwen looked at Betty.

“You can stay with us as long as you want to, or, as a matter of fact, I’m gonna force you to stay with us.” Betty couldn’t say much at first, she was pretty much speechless.

“Thank you,” she whispered at last.

“Believe it or not, you’re gonna do something like this for me someday too.”

“Don’t put it that way, please, it sounds so depressive.”

“Your dad must think I’m some sort of idiot or something.”

“What did he say?”

“He said that you were at your mom’s.”

“Well, that would be awkward, since the fact that she died when I barely could reach to Michael Jordan’s kneecaps.”

“I thought so too.”

“Anyhow, do you think your mom will approve me staying with you?”

“If you’ve ever met my mother once in your life, you know she would open her house to every homeless kitten in the neighbourhood if she could, and since you’re not a kitten, I think there’ll be no problems at all.”

“When you put it that weird way.”

“You don’t need anything from the house?”

“I don’t wanna put another foot there right now. I’ll go back tomorrow or something. I think he’s going to stay at the station a very long time for now.”

“Great, now, let’s go home to me, so I can fill the bathtub with hot water for you to relax in.”

“It sounds amazing.”

“Oh, guess what, it is amazing.”