‹ Prequel: You Don't See Me

Lost in Darkness

Two; Challenge

Hannah was in a worse position than she was twenty-four hours ago. At least time, she was on the floor, but this time she was chained up by her wrists with her feet a few inches off the ground. It wasn’t a lot, but it was enough for all of her weight to be on her wrists. If they were raw before, now they were bleeding. She didn’t put up as much as fight as before because she wanted to save her energy for whatever was going to walk through that chamber door.

She couldn’t believe the situation she was in. She wasn’t a bad person. She gave money to the homeless when she had change, and she helped old people cross the street. She didn’t deserve to die in the vile ways the other girls did. She didn’t want to be slaughtered like an animal.

The realization of her situation finally hit her, so she started to cry. It wasn’t fair. It wasn’t. She didn’t deserve such a violent death. She deserved a lot better. Soon, self pity washed and hatred started to brew inside of her. She wanted to hurt someone, Mark. She wanted to also hurt Brian. How dare he drag her into a world she thought was pure myth?

Her body tensed when she heard the footsteps. It was a lot worse than the first time. She knew Mark wasn’t going to be kind like Brian. Mark was the one who killed all of the girls who looked like her. She was next. She was going to die in a place that smelled like shit and death.

The chamber door opened. Mark walked in with a smug smile on his face. His eyes were different. They were cat-like, and he definitely looked like a predator, she was the prey.

He licked his lips like he couldn’t wait to eat her, which would probably happen because of the way he was looking at her. He looked at her so though she was the main course meal, or the dessert. In a flash, he was in front of her. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply.

“So sweet,” he murmured, his breath hit her face. “I smelled you as soon as I walked into the dungeons, sweetie. Your scent is that… strong…. I love it.”

“Let me go,” she ordered with a fierce look.

He didn’t acknowledge her words.

“People are going to look for me,” she pressed on.

Again, he didn’t say anything back or even frowned.

“LET ME GO!” she screamed and wiggled. “You sick bastard, let me go!!!” Fresh, angry tears spilled from her face and down to the dirty floor. She continued to wiggle, but it was only making the wounds on her wrists far worse. Blood oozed down her arms. She yelped when she felt Mark’s tongue on her arm. He licked off her blood and moaned like he was having an orgasm.

He pressed his body closer to her. He placed his hands on her hips and grinded against her. She tried to pull back, but she had no way of doing it.

“I bet your blood taste much better from here,” he lowered his neck to her neck. His hand traveled under her shirt and up to cup her breast.

She whimpered and closed her eyes shut. ‘Happy place, happy place’ she said to herself. His hand started to mold her breast, his other hand went behind to her ass and he caressed that in small circles, and finally he kissed her neck.

He lifted his head from her neck and removed his hand from under her shirt, but kept his other hand on her ass. His hand took her chin and lifted her gaze up to him. Her eyes held so much hatred and disgust towards him. He was going to change that. She started to feel a tingle from the middle of her chest and it spread across her body.

“Hannah, look at me,” Mark’s voice had turned angelic and something like her conscience or something. She obeyed his words and stared into his eyes. “You want to make love with me. You want to give yourself to me body, mind and blood. You want to be my imprint, my mate.”

A foreign voice in her head told her he was right. She did, all of a sudden, want to make love with him, and be his imprint. She heard the click of something, and then her feet hit the ground. Mark caught her in his arms before she fell to the floor.

“Yes,” her voice foreign to herself, “I want to.”

Mark smirked. “Good girl.”

A few minutes later, they were in a lavish bathroom. He filled the tub with warm water and told her to undress. She did so, and he watched attentively to her body. They darkened so much by the time she was nude in front of him. Something told her it wasn’t normal, but the voice wasn’t strong and loud enough for her to understand.

He crooked his finger to tell her to come closer. He was leaned back into the counter. She stood in front of him. Both of his hands cupped her breasts. A look of possession flashed through his eyes.

“Get in the bath tub,” he ordered.

She turned around and walked to the bathtub full of water.

“Scrub yourself clean, I’ll get the gown,” he said and walked out of the bathroom.

She did as he told her. Again, she got a nagging feeling that something wasn’t right about what she was doing, but she continued to clean herself. She jumped when she heard a loud crash. It came from the room. She heard shouting of Mark and someone else.

A male. A voice she recognized, but couldn’t register in her head. It was like she was in a deep fog, a thick fog. She couldn’t think clearly. She heard clashing of metal. She wasn’t sure what it was, but then she heard gunshots, she flinched, she knew the sound of gunshots.

The gunshots were like a big wake up call. She gasped as everything came back to her. She looked down at herself and gasped again when she saw herself naked. Why was she naked? Why was she in a bathtub? She screamed when Mark’s body flew through the bathroom door.

At the doorway stood a marvelous Brian. His expression angered.

She quickly realized she was naked in a tub with two men or vampires fighting in front of her. She was too scared to move though. Brian’s expression was beyond scary, and he had those cat-like eyes like Mark, except Brian looked really evil.

He must’ve noticed her fear because his cat-like eyes disappeared and he looked more human. His eyes turned back to Mark. A sword in his hand, she hadn’t noticed, but he had a sheath behind him, like a warrior.

Mark stood up and glared at Brian.

“I have First Right,” Brian growled.

“And she left your home which made her available all over again,” Mark sneered back.

Mark and Brian got into a fierce battle. Hannah stayed in the tub. She screamed a couple of times that they got close. Mark had tried to bite her, but Brian grabbed him by the shoulders and threw him against the mirror wall.

Hannah looked away so no small pieces would hit her eyes. When she looked again, Brian had decapitated Mark. Mark’s head rolled on the floor and landed near the bathtub. Hannah couldn’t stop it. She moved to the side of the tub and threw up. She didn’t throw up much, mostly stomach acid which hurt her throat. She witnessed Brian kill someone.

Sure, it had been someone who manipulated her, but she never saw someone die in front of her eyes. She stopped vomiting and then saw a towel in her vision. She grabbed it and got out of the tub. She made sure not to get near Mark’s head or her vomit.

She quickly wrapped the towel around her body.

“Are you all right?” Brian’s soft voice asked.

She looked at him. Stared at him for a few seconds and then shook her head. “No, I’m not.”

“Did he do anything to you?” he asked worriedly.

“I-I don’t know. One minute we’re down at a dungeon and I’m tied up, and the next I’m in a tub!”

“Mind control,” he spat. “He used mind control on you.”

She glanced down to Mark’s head.

“Can I go home?” she whispered with her eyes closed. “Please, I want to go home.”

“We’ll go home.”

She didn’t object when he swooped her in his arms, in fact, she wrapped her arms around his neck. She needed something or someone to hold onto. She felt her world was falling apart. She cried silently into his chest until exhaustion won and she fell asleep.

When she woke up, she wasn’t chained up anymore. She was in a bed in a regular looking room. She sat up. She had a nightgown on. It was a light baby blue color that reached her knees. She laid back down on the bed and let the events play in her head for several minutes.

The door opened slowly. Brian walked in carefully.

“You’re awake,” he said normally.

“I am.”

“I brought you breakfast,” he said with a tray of food in his hands.

She sat up and let him place it on her lap. She looked at the bowl of cereal and an apple.

“Not much of a cook, are ya?” she joked.

He smiled. “No, not for the past five hundred years.”

She looked at him.

“Vampires are really real,” she mumbled.

“We are, and you’re half.”

“Are you saying my dad was a vampire?”

He nodded. “You’re fresh, some are just descendants.”

“And why was Mark after me?”

Brian’s face fell a bit. “For the same reasons I am.”

“What is that?”

“You like honesty, right?”

She nodded. “Of course, I hate liars.”

“You’re damphir, which means you can have children with vampires.”

She stared at him. Did she hear him right?

“You… want me to have your children?” she asked slowly and unsure.

“Eventually, yeah,” he nodded.

“And I’m supposed to just accept?”

He smirked. “Of course not. I plan to change your mind about me.”

“You think you know what I think about you?”

“You’re scared of me, but not scared enough to run away.”

Damn, right on the money, she thought.

“You know if I wanted to hurt you, I would’ve done so already.”

She started to eat her cereal, and he watched her. She didn’t mind his eyes on her because he didn’t look at her like she was some meal.

“How are you planning to change my mind?” she smiled a little.

“I have my tricks.”

“Do they work?”

“Most of the time.”

“Hmm, good luck then. I don’t change my mind easily, especially about this. I barely know you.”

“That’s what dating is for.”

“You have a lot of work ahead of you, Brian,” she smirked as she continued to eat her cereal.

He smirked right back.

“I think I’m gonna like it. I like challenges.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.

Hope you liked it :)