‹ Prequel: Dear Eli

Don't Come Back For Me

I Love You

He was on his bed, rope already around his neck, knees bent as he prepared to jump. His face was pale and his eyes were big.

"So you're the reason my mum wouldn't let me be alone," he muttered, shrugging out of the rope.

"Sam...," I couldn't speak. This was all my fault. Everything was my fault. And if I'd been here any later... "I'm so sorry."

He looked at me critically, slowly climbing off the bed and walking over to me. "Why are you here?"

"You can't do this, Sammy, I-"

"Don't call me Sammy!" He shouted. "Don't ever call me Sammy!"

My chest ached and my stomach twisted at his harsh, scared tone. I reached out for him, but he slapped my hand away.

"Why are you here? I told you not to come back! I told you not to come back for me!"

"I had to!" I shouted back. "You can't kill yourself, Sam! That's giving up and you are not a quitter."

"Oh, shut up, Sampson. Don't use your stupid football talk on me."

"You kn -" I stopped. We were doing it again. We were fighting and then we would kiss and then we'd have sex. I could hear Sam's screams as I relentlessly pounded into him. I flinched. It wasn't right.

"You what?" Sam snapped.

"You're right. It's stupid. All of it is stupid. Football, college parties, popularity, girls, sex... it's nothing. It means nothing to me, because you are everything."

His blue eyes widened considerably. "W-what?"

"I love you, Sam. I've been in love with you for so long... I just couldn't admit it. I was selfish and popularity meant more to me than having the truth out. I'm sorry... that I wasn't there and I'm sorry I used you over and over. I'm so, so sorry, Sam. I promise, I'll always be here, even if you don't want me. I promise I'll -"

He grabbed my face and kissed me. "You talk too much."

I smiled in relief, tracing his face with my fingers, tipping his chin up, then ducking down to kiss him again. Electricity sizzled down my spine, lighting my whole body on fire.

This was right.

******************************

Sam giggled as I popped the strawberry into his mouth, giving him a chaste kiss as he chewed. Flicking some whip cream on his nose, I licked it off like the goof I am and laughed at how cutely he scrunched up his nose.

We rolled over, gazing up at the stars from our meadow behind Sam's backyard. The clubhouse we'd shared so many memories in gleamed in the darkness, casting a light shadow from the brightly shining full moon. It was a gorgeous night out. Plenty of stars, the constellations perfectly outlined and easy to pick out if you knew how to look. It was really romantic, if you think about it.

As I thought that, Sam curled into my body more and snuggled against my chest. I chuckled, holding him around his middle with one arm, still propped up on the other as I tipped his chin up and kissed him passionately.

His lips turned up into a small smile and our mouths moved together in perfect synchronization. And then... as if an unknown, invisible force was controlling us, our shirts were discarded. The cold, night air covered my back in goose bumps and - keeping our lips intact - I stood up and carried Sam into the house.

His parents were away for the weekend on some random couples retreat they won from a casino or something, not that I really cared about that. It was the perfect time to show Sam how much I truly loved him. It was the perfect time to fully claim him as mine.

I set him on the back of the couch, his legs on either side of my body. His hands tangled themselves in my fluffy, brown hair, tugging gently because he knew it drove me crazy. I fought back a moan, tracing my fingers lightly down his bare chest and then softly running my nails down his back.

He couldn't compress his moan.

I smirked triumphantly and picked him up once again as I made my way up the stairs and into his bedroom. Our bodies fell onto the bed and our jeans seemed to disappear. Underneath his boxers, Sam was sporting a very welcoming hard on.

My hand traveled down his stomach and slipped beneath the fabric. The sounds he made and the twists of his body were so incredibly amazing I couldn't hold back any longer. (Not that I was really trying).

Our undergarments were gone and I situated his legs over my thighs, getting a clear visual of his face and lightly palming his cheek lovingly. His beautiful blue eyes met mine, sparkling from the silver moonlight peeping in through his window.

I pushed in and his face completely changed from anticipation to pleasure all in a few seconds. Soon enough we were moving together in that natural, perfect synchronization we mastered so easily.

When it was over, I teasingly collapsed on top of him. Sam giggled, shoving me away, but I yanked him into my chest and held him close.

"I love you," I whispered into his hair, pressing a ginger kiss to his forehead.

"I love you, too."

That was the moment I decided I was going to propose to Samuel Everson.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end!

Hehe... I came up with the end as I was writing the last paragraph and I was like .... OOH.. cliffhanger! MUAHAHAHA! xD