Sequel: This Dream Isn't Done
Status: Completed! Check out the sequel!

I've Got Luck

The..."date"

I sneak a glance at Alex as we walk and he looks at me. I quickly look away, my face growing red. Stupid.
"So, where are we going?" I ask casually.
"Hm," he says, "well, you don't like drinking. So that's out."
I smile a little, "I don't hate drinking, just the drunk part."
He nods, "being drunk makes you do things you'll surely regret."
"Thanks Captain Obvious."
He chuckles as we continue walking along the sidewalk. The only light is from the street lights.
"It's a little cold, so uh, can we hurry and find a place?"
Alex shrugs off his sweater before I realize and wraps it around my shoulders.
"Oh, Alex, you'll get cold," I say seeing his white v-neck t-shirt.
He shakes his head, "I'm fine."
I look at him as I remain silent. Not bothering to argue, I never win.
"Let's go in here," Alex says stopping in front of a little pizza place.
He looks at me for approval and I nod. He holds the door open for me and we walk inside and are immediately seated. I place his sweater beside me on the booth and I rest my elbows on the table.
"Share a pizza?" He asks.
"Sure, what kind?"
"Pepperoni?"
I smile, "sounds good."
The waitress comes and takes our order, she leaves with our menu's tucked under arm.
"So, you said we haven't talked for a while," I say, hoping to break the silence, "talk."
He chuckles awkwardly, "um."
"You excited to go home in a few days?" I ask.
He nods, "it's going to be nice to sleep in my own bed and cook in my own kitchen. What about you?"
"I agree. I'll miss everyone though. It's like everyday is a party with you guys."
He chuckles, "an alcohol free party."
"Thank goodness."
"You're probably happy to get back to Eric."
"Why bring him up?"
He looks around and shrugs, "it's obvious, isn't it?"
"What?"
"You'd be happy to see him."
I give him a look, "yes."
"What's he like?"
"Are we really going to talk about him?"
"We don't have to. I was just wondering who this guy is."
"He's an old friend, okay?" I ask, a little annoyed.
He looks down at his place on the table.
"Alex? Can we not talk about Eric? I don't want to talk about that stuff with you."
"Yeah."
I give him a small smile as our pizza is placed in front of us. He let's me grab a piece first. I have 2 slices and I watch as he finishes his 3rd.
"You that hungry?" I ask as he reaches for a 4th.
He nods.
"Wow. Where does it go?"
He finishes, finally, and he pays the bill and we head out. I slip on his sweater as we walk off, somewhere.
"Where to now?" I ask quietly.
"Not sure," he says thinking.
"We can head back if you want."
He looks at me, "is that what you want?"
I shrug, "it doesn't matter."
"If you want we can."
I look at him, realizing he doesn't. I shake my head and we continue walking. As we walk, we come to a lake and I follow Alex towards the water.
"Alex?" I ask as we stand in silence.
"Yeah?"
I stare at the water, the moon shining on it, "was this a date...to you?"
He remains silent and I wish I could eat those words.
"Just two friends hanging out," he finally answers quietly.
I look at him, the moon lighting up his face, it's expressionless. But rather than saying something stupid again, I just nod. Maybe Rian wasn't lying.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh...I don't know why I'm disliking this story!
I feel like I have nowhere to go with this...
But I'll keep trying!
Comment/Subscribe?
:)