Sequel: This Dream Isn't Done
Status: Completed! Check out the sequel!

I've Got Luck

Released at Last

I wake up, still in the hospital and see that my room is empty. I sigh as I sit up slowly and the door opens and I see the doctor.
“Good morning,” he smiles.
I smile a little and he stands at my side.
“You’re free to go home.”
“Yeah?” I ask and he nods.
“Great,” I say, happy to get out of this place.
“We just need to arrange for someone to come get you,” he says and I nod.
“Can I go visit Ashlynn?” He nods.
He leaves to check on another patient and I get up slowly as a nurse walks in with my clothes.
“They’re clean,” I observe, she smiles and nods.
I watch her put the pile on the bed and she leaves, shutting the door. I change into my clothes and I leave the gown on the bed and walk out to Ashlynn’s room. I walk inside and see it’s empty so I take the chair beside her bed. I watch her, hoping for a sign of movement but she’s pretty much the same as I had left her last night. I sigh as I take her hand and gently squeeze it.
“Please wake up, Ash,” I whisper.
I hear the door, I turn and see Sammy. She looks startled when she sees me.
“Hey,” she says as she walks in.
“Hey.”
She takes the other seat on the other side of the bed and looks at Ashlynn.
“Nothing new?”
I shake my head, “not that I’ve been told.”
She sighs, “this isn’t fair for her.”
I give her a sympathetic smile and she continues.
“Her grandma just died, she broke up with Eric,” she sighs, “she doesn’t need this too.”
I look at Ashlynn, “they broke up?”
“Yeah. She told Eric about you two and they called it quits.”
“Oh,” I say quietly.
“I’m surprised too,” she says, “they didn’t fight. He was calm about it. Not to be mean but I think her decision was stupid. Eric’s a sweet, caring guy.”
“That suppose to be an insult to me?”
She shakes her head, “I have nothing against you. You can’t help your feelings. But Ash made her decisions and she did it the wrong way.”
I look at Sammy, seeing how upset she is about this and I remember that her, Ash and Eric are all close to each other.
“I didn’t expect for her to tell him so soon,” I admit, “I’m surprised she even told him.”
“It’s the right thing to do.”
I nod, “I know. But she said that she really cared about him.”
I keep out the part where she said she loves him. I feel a tug on my hand and I look at Ashlynn. She doesn’t move and I begin to wonder if I’m imagining her movements.
“I better go home,” I say, “I need to clean up.”
Sammy nods, “I’ll be here with her.”
I gently squeeze Ashlynn’s hand and I stand up to leave. I begin walking out the hall way to see Rian walking in.
“Hey! The hospital said you can leave?”
I nod.
“Let’s go,” he smiles and I walk with him out to his car, “you go see Ashlynn?”
“Yeah, she’s still not up.”
“She will soon, I’m sure.”
He drives me to my place, “need help?”
I shake my head, “I can manage. Thanks.”
“See you soon.”
I close the door and head inside, going straight for the shower. When I finish, I decide to eat real food, happy to be rid of that hospital crap. I finish up and I clean the mess. I go lay on my couch, thinking about Ashlynn and wondering when she will wake up. I decide to go to the hospital later in the evening. I take the elevator up and I begin to head for her room. I get to the door and see it’s cracked open. I hear a voice. I stand off to the side and listen.
“I’m so sorry for what happened.”
It’s Eric.
“I was pissed that you did that to me but now I don’t care,” he says quietly, “I just want you to open those eyes and see your beautiful smile.”
I stop listening, feel bad and I start to leave. I head home, planning to end this day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update for today! That'll be it, I got major math homework!!
Thanks for reading!
COMMENT/Subscribe?
:)