Sequel: This Dream Isn't Done
Status: Completed! Check out the sequel!

I've Got Luck

The Surprise

"What's going on between you and Alex?" Anna asks before our set.
"What do you mean?" I ask quietly.
"Well, you guys haven't spoken one word to each other for like, 3 days and when you look at him, you look," she chuckles a little, "pissed."
I shrug, "nothing. Just nothing to talk about I guess."
"Oh, please. What happened when you got drunk?"
"Absolutely nothing."
She raises her eyebrow at me, not believing me.
"Nothing worth telling, Anna, I swear."
She nods, "fine. I'll drop it for now."
"Thanks."
"Cheer up," she says as her name is called up, "we're in your hometown."
I smile as she heads off and I remain seated backstage. We are home. I can't wait to play for all these people. I listen as Annabelle performs and I think back to Alex on the bus with me. I can't believe I had admitted my feelings. But I guess he doesn't like me that way and I'll survive. Annabelle finishes and we head on to perform. I use up all my energy on stage, of course since this is my home. The excitement overpowered me.
"Ashlynn!" I hear someone call as I begin walking to the bus after our set.
I look around, and smile wide when I see that familiar face.
"MOM!" I call and run towards her.
Our arms wrap around each other, holding a tight grip. I breathe in her familiar scent. We eventually part.
"I've missed you," I say.
"I'm sorry I haven't been calling, I've been busy with the house renovations."
"It's fine. I'm so happy you came!"
"Of course, I'm your number one fan!" That's very true. "I have a surprise."
"Oh god. What?"
I see movement from the corner of my eye and I'm suddenly lifted a couple feet up. Those strong arms wrapped tightly around me and I know who it is.
"Eric!" I laugh as he sets me down.
"Hey there stranger!"
I grin as I turn to face him and wrap my arms around him.
"I need to get Sam, I'll be right back," mom says, referring to my best friend.
Of course she's here.
"Okay," I nod and she heads off and I look up at Eric.
His brown eyes stare back into mine, "look who the rock star is."
I chuckle, "I'm no rock star."
"I don't know, Ashie," his nickname for me, "that crowd was pretty crazy for you guys."
I smile, "I'm no rock star yet."
He grins, "there you go."
"When did you get back?" I ask.
Eric has been my friend since we were 10 but he left when he was 16 for London to live with his grandparents when he was beginning to act out. He brushes a strand of my brown hair behind my ear.
"I got back about a month ago."
"Not that long," I observe.
"No. I ran into your mom at the store and she mentioned this concert and invited me along."
I smile, "I'm happy you're back."
He smiles, "here comes trouble," he responds looking past me.
"Ash!" I hear Sam scream as she tackles me into a hug.
"Sammy," I laugh as I return it.
"I missed you," she says, "you got room on that bus?"
I smile, "of course."
"I'm coming with you."
"Sammy," I smile rolling my eyes, "you can't."
"I want to," she sighs.
"You have me for tonight, a little bit tomorrow and," I smile, "I'm done in a month."
One more month with Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
If I continued like I planned, this chapter would have been loooong!
So I hope you enjoy this one for right now.
I would like more comments/subscribers before the next chapter!
Thanks for reading, civilians!
:)