Sequel: This Dream Isn't Done
Status: Completed! Check out the sequel!

I've Got Luck

Time With Friends

"So what's touring like?" Sammy asks as we sit for coffee in a small diner.
I shrug, "it's nothing special."
Her and Eric both give me non-believing looks. I smile.
"It's awesome."
Eric smiles, "everything you expected?"
I nod a little.
"What's that one guy like?" Sammy asks. Of course she asks about a guy!
"Um, which one?" I reply.
"The singer in um," she pauses, thinking, "that band that was on before you."
"All Time Low?"
She nods, "yeah, that sounds right."
"You're asking me about Alex?" I didn't even want to say the name.
"Yeah! He's cute!"
I look at Eric, his eyes avoiding mine, resting on his coffee. I sigh and shrug.
"He's nice and funny."
"Does he have a girlfriend?"
I shake my head. She gives a small smile and a knot appears in my stomach.
"He's not looking either," I lie.
"Oh," her expression falls.
She looks at me curiously.
"Do you like him?"
Eric's eyes land on me, both of them waiting for my response. I look around the diner and back at them both, giving them a small laugh.
"As if."
"You don't?" Eric asks.
I shake my head, "no."
"Well, I guess it doesn't matter anyways," Sammy shrugs, "he's not looking."
I watch as she takes a sip of her coffee.
"Tell me what you guys have been up to," I say, changing the subject.
"I'm done school in like, 3 months," Sammy replies, "but other than that, life's boring."
I look at Eric for his response.
"You know," he replies, "just moved back and settling in."
I sigh as I nod a little. We stay in the diner for a couple of hours. When we finish, we pile into Eric's car and he drives Sammy home first. I walk her to the door while he remains in the car.
"See you later, Sam," he calls.
She waves. We reach the door and she hugs me.
"I'll miss you for the month," she says.
I smile, "I'll miss you too. But you can always call or text me, you know!"
She nods, "yeah. Just a little hard with school."
"One month and I'll be home."
She nods again, "I'll see you then."
"Bye," I reply and head back to Eric.
He begins driving me home. When we reach my apartment building, he parks the car and walks me to the entrance.
"It was great to see you again," I say to him.
He smiles, "I'm happy I'm back. I missed it here. I missed you."
I smile a little, "we'll have to catch up more when I get back."
He pulls me into an embrace and I return it. As we begin to part, he lingers a little. As I begin to fully pull back, Erics lips are pressed to mine. He kisses me for a couple seconds and pulls back a little.
"Whoa," I whisper in surprise.
"I wanted to that since we were 12," he says quietly, his arms still wrapped around me.
"I, uh, I didn't know you felt that way," I reply.
He nods a little. As I look at him, I think back to Alex. Why would I feel guilty about kissing Eric when Alex obviously doesn't feel things for me? I smile at Eric and give him a kiss. I notice he's a little surprised but he returns it. We pull back a couple minutes after.
"It's late and I have to head off tomorrow," I say.
"Alright," he replies, his arms slowly releasing me.
"I'll see you in a month," I say, not sure what to do after the kiss.
He nods, he pecks my cheek and without another word between us, he walks off to his car. I watch as he drives off and I head inside to my apartment. I lay in bed that night, my mind on that kiss and for some reason, Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one wasn't great!
It's late and I wasn't able to post earlier so I thought I'd put something up!
Comment/Subscribe! :)
Thanks!