The Captain of the Football Team

The Captin Of The Football Team Chapter 18

“How was it?” Janet asked as I walked into the kitchen the next morning.
“Based on her outfit it went well,” Liam said as he took a bite of bacon. I was showing off my feminine side today.
I smiled as I walked over to them. “Is it too much?” I asked.
“I like it,” Liam said smiling.
“What don’t you like?” Joel said. “How did it go?”
“Amazing!” I said sighing as I sat down next to Joel.
“Did he kiss you?” Janet asked smiling at me.
“Maybe…” I said stealing Liam’s bacon.
“Hey!” he said.
“Did he walk you home?” Joel asked.
“Of course, Travis is a gentleman,” I said before taking a bite of bacon.
“Well…did he ask you out? Are you guys dating? Did you make another date? I need details!” Janet said as I made my plate.
“No, he didn’t ask me out, so, no we are not dating and yes, we’re seeing the Dark Knight Rises next Friday.” I said as Liam stole a piece of my bacon.
“Hey!”
“You stole mine!”
“Do you want to wrestle for it?” I asked raising an eyebrow.
“Insert sexual innuendo here,” Liam said before Joel smacked him on the head.
“Ow!” Liam said before facing me. “How about this…I eat this bacon and you let it happen.”
“Or you give me my bacon back and you get your own.”
“But there’s none left.”
“Sounds like a personal problem.”
“How about we share?”
“I get the bigger half.”
“Deal.”
Liam ripped the bacon in half and gave me the bigger piece. “Thanks,” I said smiling.
“Aw, look honey! Our kids are sharing…”Janet said taking Joel’s empty plate. Joel laughed as he got up.
I rolled my eyes and continued to eat my food.
Joel followed Janet out so it was just me and Liam. We finished eating in silence until his phone buzzed. I looked at the screen and smiled.
“Is that her?” I asked.
“Yeah…” he said replying to her.
“Tell me about her!” I said moving my plate to the sink.
“She’s my high school sweetheart, but we always seemed to like each other at the wrong time. Like she would be dating someone when I liked her and vice versa. But over the summer we weren’t dating anyone and… here we are.”
“Staying up till five in the morning texting one another”.
“Pretty much…” he said as she texted him back.
“Well, I’ll leave you two alone,” I said jokingly.
I headed back into my room. Janet was finishing up her make up when I walked in.
“What’s up?” I asked sitting next to her.
“Nothing. Do you have practice today or what?”
“I do, I have to leave at three…” I said picking up my dirty clothes. “Do you want me to do a load for you?”
“Nah, Joel and I have a laundry date at midnight,” she said winking.
“Then I need to find a new place to do my laundry…” I said putting my dirty clothes in my laundry bag.
Janet smiled and continued to fix her hair. I grabbed my Ipod and a textbook, for class, as well as a notebook and pen before leaving.
“I’ll be back!” I said heading into the living room. The guys were sitting on the sofa watching T.V. when I walked in.
“Hey boys,” I said heading towards the door.
“Laundry day?” Joel asked.
“No, I killed Jake and now I’m burying his body,” I said as I opened the door and headed out. I walked to the elevator and headed to the basement where the laundry room was.
I was the only one there. I smiled to myself and put in my headphones. I separated my clothes then put them into the washers. I sat down on one of the near by chairs and started to read the chapter that my teacher wanted our class to read. I made little notes in my notebook.
I felt someone’s presents after awhile. I looked up and saw Jake, leaning against the wall and smiling at me.
I rolled my eyes and looked back at my book. Just because he got Travis and I back together does not make him okay in my book. He’s still a heartless ass.
I felt my headphone being pulling out my ear. I quickly looked up at Jake and he smiled. “Don’t be so mean to me,” he said sitting next to me.
“I do what I want…” I said taking my left headphone from him.
“How was your date?” he asked relaxing in his chair.
“Why do you care?”
“Just making conversation…”
“It went well,” I said smiling a little.
“Good for you two,” Jake said as my washers buzzed.
I stood up and walked over to them. I felt Jake’s eyes on me as I put my clothes in the dryer.
“Take a picture…”
“Okay…”
I looked up and he was taking out his phone.
“Oh hell no! It’s an expression!” I said covering his phone’s lenses.
Jake laughed and put his phone back in his pocket. “You shouldn’t have said anything”.
“You shouldn’t have been staring at me like a creeper,” I said punching him in the arm, lightly.
“You held back this time?”
“I wasn’t that mad at you, this time,” I said going back to my clothes. I started up the dryers and sat back down.
“What are you majoring?” Jake asked looking at my photography book.
“I have no idea,” I said giving him a fake smile. “I’m minoring in photography and art but I have no idea what I want to do with my life career wise.”
“Art? Do you want to draw me?” Jake asked winking.
“No…” I said taking my text book away from him.
“You actually take notes?” he asked looking over my notebook.
“Yes! Unlike you I take my education very seriously. College isn’t just all fun and games. I need to make a living.”
“Says the girl that doesn’t know what she wants to be when she grows up…”
“What do you want to be when you grow up?”
“A Football player. I don’t really care who I play for, as long as I’m playing.”
“You really love the game huh?”
“Yeah…”
“Is that why you helped me get on the team?”
“Huh?”
“I told you that I loved football and the next day you gave me my jersey…”
Jake was quite for a while before looking at me. “Seeing you upset and hearing your love for the game…softened me a little.”
“Then why did you try so hard to get me off the team?”
“I don’t know!” he said standing up.
I watched him walk over to his washer and put his things away.
“So…what’s going on with you?” I asked.
“I don’t know…”
I walked over to him and leaned against the washers.
“Stop looking at me…” he said starting the dryer.
“Tell me what you were thinking…” I said.
“I started to get this weird feeling whenever I saw you and coach said that that no one can date you so…”
I walked over to him. “What are you saying?”
“I don’t know…”
“Stop saying that!”
“It’s how I feel!” he said as the dryer buzzed.
I took out my clothes and put them in my laundry bag. Once I was done I grabbed my things and looked at Jake, who was sitting in the chairs.
“Why did you wait till after I found a guy, to tell me how you feel?”
“I didn’t tell you how I feel…”
“Would you like to?” I asked.
“Why do you care how I feel?”
I bit my lip before leaving the laundry room.