The Captain of the Football Team

The Captin Of The Football Team Chapter 17

“Hey there pretty lady,” Travis said walking up to me.
I smiled at him and slightly bite my lower lip, “hey handsome”.
“You look amazing,” Travis said taking my hand.
“You don’t look that bad either,” I said as he led me to the crowd of people. “Disclaimer, I can’t dance”.
“Just follow my lead,” I said placing his hands on my hips. I smiled at him as I wrapped my arms around his neck. “Just…I don’t know…move to the music”. I slowly moved my hips to the beat and Travis slowly danced along with me. Once he got into it he pulled me closer to him.
Travis and I talked and flirted a little as we danced. I love talking to him. He’s so cool to be around and the best part he’s not Jake.
Travis slowly started to lean in, I smiled and slowly ran my fingers threw his hair.
“Mind if I cut in?” Jake asked as our faces were inches away from each other.
Travis looked over at him then at me.
“I mind,” I said glaring at him.
“The lady has spoken,” Travis said slightly shrugging.
“Aw come! One dance,” he said looking at me.
“I don’t see why not… I’ll get us a drink?” Travis said.
I gave him a look as he walked away, slowly releasing my hand. I slowly faced Jake and glared at his smiling face.
“Just one dance. What could happen?” he said putting his hands on my waist.
I rolled my eyes and put my arms around his neck.
“Don’t look so happy to see me,” he said.
“I’m not…”
“Humor me, at least dace and look like you’re having fun”.
I started to dance and Jake pulled me a little closer to him.
“So has he made his move yet?”
“Why do you care?” I asked as I abruptly stopped dancing.
Jack stopped as well. “I’m just curious…”
“I’m not in the mood for your little mind games, Jake. Do you like me or am I just someone to help turn you on?”
He blinked. “We still have to finish our dance,” he said placing his hands on my hips.
“Answer my question,” I said after a while of silence.
“Why does it matter?”
“It doesn’t, you’ve just been pissing me off with your mixed signals”.
“A few make outs hardly count as mixed signals”.
“I’m not talking about that. One minute your nice and the next your not”.
“Well do you like me?”
“No!”
“Okay then”.
“That doesn’t answer my question”.
“Which was?”
“Do you like me?”
“You wish I did”.
I rolled my eyes. “I’m not in the mood for your bullshit,” I walked out of his hold and headed over to the kitchen.
Jake grabbed my hand and spun me into him. He quickly planted a kiss on my lips and held me there. He’s hands slowly went down my back and firmly on my hips. I slowly kissed back and wrapped my arms around his neck.
There was something about this kiss that the others lacked.
Passion.
True feelings and emotion.
Jake and I slowly pulled away and I bit my lips.
“I should go…” I said escaping his hold and making my way through the crowd.
“Toni!”
I turned around and faced Travis.
Shit!
“Hey, I should really get going. I forgot that I wanted to run tomorrow morning plus I have a test on Tuesday.”
“Okay…”
“I know it’s sudden but I had an amazing time with you tonight.”
“Did Jake do something?”
“No, I told you. I’m busy. I’ll see you around.” I said quickly leaving.

(Jake’s Point Of View)

I was wiping Toni’s lip gloss when I bumped into Travis.
“Hey man!” I said taking his extra beer.
“Hey,” he said. “What did you do to Toni?” he asked.
“Nothing, she just ran off, but she did leave me something…”
“What?”
“Her lip gloss,” I said as I opened the beer bottle.
Travis looked at my lips and glared.
“She’s an amazing kisser, but I’m sure you know all about that…”
“I don’t…” he admitted
“Too bad,” I said wiping away left over lip gloss. I walked away and took a sip of the beer.
“Hey!” said an old booty call said hugging me. “What do you say; you and I go into your room for a bit?”
“Not today…” I said trying to pull her off of me.
“Are you gay?” she asked trying to stand up on her own.
“No…I think I finally found a girl worth being with.”
“What?” she asked pouting.
“Yeah, but if things don’t work out, you’ll be, my first booty call,” I said walking away.

******
(Toni’s Point Of View)

It was lunch time and I headed to a near by café on campus.
I walked in and saw Travis. I smiled and headed over to him.
“Hey! Sorry about the other night, but I had a great time with you and I think we really hit it off and I don’t want that to die. So, I was thinking that you and I could go to Olive Garden tonight.”
Travis just looked at me and walked away.
“Um! Did I do something?” I asked taking his hand.
“Yeah, you blew me off for Jake. If you like him then why are you wasting you time with me?”
“If I liked him why would I be asking you out?”
“I don’t know and I don’t care anymore. I’ll see you at practice…” I watched Travis leave and I felt my anger get the best of me.
I stormed out of the café and headed to my next class, early.
I managed to calm down until football practice. I stormed into the locker and quickly got dressed and ready. I headed out to the field and spotted Jake.
I glared at him and stormed over to him. I tackled him to the ground and punched him in the face repeatedly. He shielded his face from my blows but I didn’t stop until Liam pulled me away from him.
“Toni…Toni…chill out tiger,” he said as Joel helped pulled me away.
“You’re a fighter huh?” Joel said.
I ignored them. My eyes were locked on Jake.
“What the hell is going on!?” Coach asked hurrying over to us.
“Bitch crazy!” I heard someone say as the others laughed.
“Scott laps, now! And I’m sure you did something, West, so push ups and don’t stop until I tell you to. For the rest of you! Drills! Our first game was terrible! The only reason why we won was because of this girl right here. If you play like this Thursday, there will be hell to pay! Get to work!”
I headed to the track and started to run.
I don’t know how long I ran for but I did for a while. Coach blew his whistle and Jake and I stop and joined the rest of the team.
“Get water! Scott, West! You two stay!”
Liam patted my shoulder before joining the other players.
“What the hell happened?”
“He’s an asshole…” I said calmly.
Coach sighed. “I’m talking to you as a father of three girls. What happened?”
“He ruined any chances that I had with a really great guy,” I said glaring at him. Jake looked at the ground for a while before looking at me.
“This is why I didn’t want girls on the team…Who’s the guy?”
“Travis…”
“Figured it was someone on the team. If I see you two going at it again, there will hell to pay. Scott, get some water.”
I walked over to my teammates who all greeted me in some way. I smiled ad grabbed a water bottle.

(Jake’s Point Of View)

“What is wrong with you?” Coach asked.
I sighed. “What are you talking about?”
“You don’t meet a girl like that everyday and you’re throwing her away. Do you like this girl or what?”
“I don’t know…”
“Well decide fast before you ruin any chances you have with her.”
I nodded my head.
“Get water!” he said before blowing his whistle.
I jogged over to the benches and quickly got some water before joining the team.
We ran some plays for an hour before being dismissed.
I walked over to Travis in the locker room. He was taking off his pads when I called him over.
“I know what I did was wrong and I want you to know that I kissed her. She has no feelings for me and I have none for her, so… go for her. You’ll be an idiot not to.”
He smiled a little. “Thanks…” he walked away and went back to his locker.
I went over to mine and sat down for a little. I ran my fingers threw my hair and convinced myself I did the right thing.

(Toni’s Point Of View)

I quickly pulled my hair in a bun and wiped away the last of my tears. I headed out of the girls’ locker room and saw Travis.
“Hi, I’m Travis, nice to meet you,” he held out his hand.
I took it and smiled. “I’m Toni, it’s nice to meet you.”
“I know we just meet and it might be crazy but do you want to go to Olive Garden with me tonight? Salad and breadsticks with dessert…that’s all I can afford…”
“That sounds wonderful, I’ll meet you there in an hour?”
“Sounds great!”
Travis placed his hand on my cheek and kissed me. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. I pulled him closer to me and melted into his arms.
He slowly pulled away after a while and smiled. “Don’t be late…” he said before walking away.
I smiled as I watched him walk away. I hurried to my dorm and quickly got ready.
Janet helped me since I had an hour. I walked three blocks to the Olive Garden.
On my way there I saw Jake and I smiled at him slightly. “Thank you”.
“For?”
“Talking to Travis.”
“Whatever…” he said.
“I’m sorry for lashing out at you…”
“I’m used to it by now…”
I smiled. “I’ll see you around…”
“Have fun on your date…”
I smiled and hurried the rest of the way there.