The Captain of the Football Team

The Captain Of The Football Team Chapter 25

“Alright men, this is it! Leave everything on the field!” Coach said.
Jake smiled and clapped his hands and we joined him. We did around cheer before running out onto the field. We broke threw the banner that was there and did our pregame warm up. The other team was already outside doing the same thing. I looked up at the clock as Liam and I passed the ball each other.
Ten more minutes.
*******

This team was ruthless. We would score a touch down then they would score a touch down. They were up by one down due to a stupid field goal.
I looked up at the clock; twenty minutes left.
It’s still anyone’s game. It was the fourth quarter they had the ball. I paced on the sidelines as I watched the game.
One of the other players from the other team threw the ball and Joel caught it and sprinted up the field.
The crowd was on their feet cheering and our coaches when insane. Joel was finally tackled and the offense went on the field.
Thirteen minutes left.
“What play?” Liam asked Jake in the huddle.
“Brown then mud. Liam and Toni stay open. Josh go wide I might need you. We got this!” Jake said before winking at me.
We hustled onto the field and got into our formation. The game started again and I sprinted into open field but Jake threw the ball to Liam. He didn’t get very far before he was tackled.
Ten minutes left.
We ran mud. I was wide open but Jake threw the ball to Josh. Once again we didn’t get very far.
Eight minutes left.
We had three yards to cover in eight minutes.
“Jake!” I said running over to him. “What the hell? I was wide open we’re running out of time.”’
“I know, coach told me to save your energy.”
“Why? We’re running your play. Right now, we don’t have much time!”
“The others-”
“I know! Follow my led!”
I watched Jake receive the ball and I sprinted behind him and took it. I called to Liam and he met me at the sidelines. The other team noticed that I had the ball and tackled me inches from our end zone.
Four minutes left.
Coach called time out and we all hurried over to him.
“We can win this game! We can win this fucking game! Throw the ball to Scott. She’s tiny and fast. They won’t be able to stop her. Scott! Hands and wheels!”
I nodded and Liam patted my shoulders.
“Hands and wheels! Get out there and kick some ass!”
Jake led us in a cheer and we hurried out there.
I took a deep breath and stood to the far right side. The game started and I sprinted into the end zone and cut in. There was a defender on me and missed the ball.
Three minutes left.
“Scott, hands and wheels!” I heard coach yell.
I took a deep breath and Jake looked at me. I nodded and got back into formation.
The whistle blew and I sprinted into the end zone and I cut in and jumped for the ball and caught it.
The whole stadium went on their feet and cheered.
I smiled and threw the ball down. Liam hugged me and spun me around as our other teammates joined us. The put me down and I looked at the clock.
One minute left.
The confetti shot out and we cheered! I looked over at Jake and ran over to him. He picked me up and kissed me right then and there. And for that one moment everything was prefect.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end is coming soon. There will be a sequel. I don't have a title yet. thoughts anyone?