The Captain of the Football Team

The Captain Of The Football Team Chapter 26

“Toni lets go, the award ceremony starts in fifteen minutes. You’re the only chick so they’ll know if you’re late.” Janet said.
It was the next day and we were having a banquet for our amazing season. We were getting awards for the MVP, Mr. Congeniality ect. The boys already left because we were taking forever.
“I’m ready!” I said hurrying out of the room. Our parents were waiting for us the living room and they drove us over. My dad talked about yesterday’s game none stop. I’ve never seen my dad so proud of me.
He gave me pointers for next year and promised that over Thanksgiving break we were going to practice for hours.
Great…
Once at the auditorium my parents hurried inside while Janet and I went to the bathroom for some last minute touching up.
“Here take a mint.”
“Why?” I asked taking one.
“Jake might kiss you again…” she winked.
I pushed her and she just laughed. We walked out of the bathroom and into the auditorium. Once we walked in everyone turned around and cheered.
Janet looked at me and slowly walked out of the way. I smiled and walked over to my roommates and sat down.
“Girl of steel!” Joel shouted and everyone cheered again.
I laughed as I felt my face heat up. I smacked his arm and he hugged me.
Our Dean said a quick speech about our great football program and how much he loved the game. Then Coach said a speech about how proud of us he is and how we were his best team yet. Then Jake said a little speech and Coach gave him a reward for being a great captain. After Jake got his reward, Coach gave out the rest.
Then Jake took the stage again.
“The coaches and I been talking and thinking about who should be named the most valuable player. At first, I thought it should be me, the captain. But as the season went on it became evident. The talented and the beautiful Toni Scott is this years MVP.”
“Girl of steel!” everyone at my table shouted as everyone clapped.
I looked over at my family and my dad was in tears. I smiled and walked up to the stage. I gave my coaches a hug as well as Jake and made my way back to my table.
“The rewards ceremony is now over,” the Dean said and the music started and everyone made a beeline for the food and the dance floor.
I hugged my parents and hung out with them until the food line went down.
As we made our way over I saw Jake motion me over to him.
“Hey!” I said smiling.
“Congratulations,” he said grinning.
“Thank you.”
“You know what else became evident?”
“What?” I asked.
“How much I really like you.”
I smiled. “I really like you too and it’s terrifying…”
“Why do you always say that?” he asked.
“Have you ever been heart broken by someone you never dated?”
“No…why?”
“I have and it sucks. You are pretty much him, in everyway, and I can’t do that again,” I said with tears rolling down my face. I quickly wiped them away and crossed my arms over my chest.
Jake leaned down and kissed me and wiped away any extra tears. “I will never hurt you,” he muttered against my lips. He kissed me again and hugged me.
“Promise?” I asked hugging him back.
Jake extended his pinky out to me. I laughed and wrapped my pinky around his. “Promise,” he said.

I have three titles which one do you guys like?
1) You Didn’t Keep Your Promise
2) You Left Me
3) There's Nothing Left To Say