The Captain of the Football Team

The Captain Of The Football Team Chapter 8

The loud music blasted from the speakers as people danced in the middle of the room.
I was hanging out in the kitchen with most of the drunk people and gross couples.
Liam and Joel went over to the dance floor with some cheerleaders while Janet and I hung out together, until a cute guy came over and asked her to dance. So I was by myself in the kitchen playing with the ends of my hair.
“Having fun?” Jake asked walking over to me.
“Tons,” I said smiling.
He chuckled. “How about a dance?”
“Bring out the dancing lobsters!” I joked.
Jake chuckled. “I was kind of hoping I could dance with you”.
“No thanks,” I sighed.
“Is that anyway to repay the guy you helped get you on the team?”
I sighed and picked up a red cup and chugged most of the bitter tasting beer.
“Alright, let’s go,” I said walking passed him.
Jake smiled and put his hand on my lower back as he guided me to the living room.
Once I found a good spot I faced him and started to dance, awkwardly. Jake put his hands on my hips and pulled me closer to him. He just smiled at him and moved his hips with mine. We soon got into a rhythm. I began to get more comfortable with him and rested my hands on his shoulders.
Jake began to mouth the words to the songs and made funny faces. I started to laugh and joined in every now and then.
“See, I’m not so bad,” he whispered in my ear.
“I guess you’re not,” I whispered in his ear.
I looked him in the eyes and smiled slightly. Our faces were inches apart and I saw Jake look at my lips.
He ran his hands a little below my hips, dangerously close to my butt. I brushed my lips against his and smiled.
“See you around,” I said pulling out of his embrace and made my way out of the crowded dorm.
******
“Where did you go? I was looking for you,” Janet said walking into our room, a little tipsy.
“I left hours ago,” I said getting up.
“Oh…” she said giggling.
I sighed and got up and helped her over to her bed. “Take off your heels,” I told her as I went to get he make up remover.
Janet hated going to bed with make up on, drunk or sober. I learned that lesion the hard way.
I began to whip off most of her make up before helping her out of her dress and into her pajamas.
“Thanks,” Janet said falling asleep.
“Mention it,” I said getting back into bed. I finished the chapter I was reading before going to bed.
*****
The next morning everyone seemed to be hung over at football practice.
This was our last practice before the big game tomorrow.
All I could do was play my best and hoped the coach put me in the game.
We played a practice game to practice some of our plays. I got to play and I didn’t disappoint the coach. After practice he patted m y back and said there was strong chance I would play tomorrow.
This was huge.
“Scott!” I heard someone call.
“Yeah?” I asked turning around.
Jake walked over to me. “Run a few laps,” he said.
“Why?” I asked putting my hands on my hips.
“Because I said so and I’m captain.”
I raised my eyebrows at him then began to smile. “I get it. You’re pissed because I didn’t sleep with you yesterday.”
“No, I could careless about that, I found a sexy blond and we got it on. I just think you’re a slow runner, so put you’re helmet back on and run those laps.”
“You’re being ridicules.”
“And you’re not running.”
I rolled my eyes. “You can’t be serious.”
“But I am, run until I come back out.”
I sighed and took my time walking over to the track. I began to run around the track and prayed Jake will come out soon.
He never did.
I was beyond pissed.
I quickly took a shower and changed into clean clothes before I knocked on Jake’s door.
More like banged on his door.
“What?” he snapped opening the door, he was only wearing boxer and had mad sex hair.
He glared at me and I was temped to smack him.
“You left me out there in the hot sun, you asshole!”
“Oh, sorry about that. Tessa distracted me.”
“I don’t care! You’re an ass and from what I see, a whore. Do me another favor and never talk to me again. Nod once for a yes and I’ll leave you and … Tessa alone.”
“Yeah…no. You see, I’m going to make your life hell and you have to live with that or leave the team,”
“So that’s what this is about? You want me off the team…”
“Yes, hot chicks don’t play football…only lesbians do.” And with that he closed the door.

(A/N: No offence to lesbians.)