So, I Love My Best Friend

So, I Love My Best Friend Chapter 23

“Here you go,” our waitress said as she placed our food in front of Chauncey and I. We smiled and thanked her as she walked away.
“So…is this a date?” I asked picking up a French fry.
“I would like to think so,” Chauncey said shortly after taking a bit of his sandwich.
“Good,” I said picking up my sub.
“However, you are in charge of the tip and I mean the full fifteen percent. None of that crap you tried to pull last time”.
“He was the worst waiter I ever had. Do you really think he deserved a five dollar tip?”
“That was fifteen percent!” Chauncey said laughing.
“He was terrible!”
Chauncey shock his head and we continued to eat.
“Why did you ask if this was a date?”
“Because I’m smarter than all the other girls you dated”.
Chauncey laughed. “I’m guessing you remember Kelly and Julia…”
“Who had to help you get a milkshake and soda out of your hair and clothes? Of course I remember. You were an asshole back then.”
“I was learning, plus I never asked them on a date. I’m pretty sure I said ‘would you like to go out to lunch?’.”
“To us girls that means ‘would you like to go on a date?’,” I explained as we eat.
“Whatever, all I know is, this is a date and I’m having an amazing time.”
I smiled, “I am too.”
Chauncey grinned we continued to eat in silence for a while.
“So, my parents are going out of town for three days…” he said smiling at me.
“Are we throwing a major party or having an epic sleepover?”
“Epic sleepover!” he said like it was so obvious. “I want some time alone with my girl.”
My heat skipped a beat. “Your girl?”
“Yes, you’ve always been my girl.”
I smiled. “Just making sure,” I said picking up my water.
“Thank God you ordered water…”
I laughed and took a slip. “So, when is this sleep over of yours?”
“Next week.”
“I’ll clear my calendar,” I said finishing up the last of my sandwich.
“Good,” Chauncey said smiling at me.
Chauncey paid our bill and I gave our waitress the full fifteen percent before we left for school again. The day speed by and Chauncey drove me home.
“Where’s your mom?” he asked as we walked in.
“Working late I guess. She just got promoted so I barely see her now.”
“Ah,” Chauncey said making a beeline to the kitchen.
“Whatever you have you’re sharing,”
“Deal!” he called after me as I made my way up stairs.
Once in my room I stepped out of my shoes and ran my fingers threw my hair. As I took off my dress Chauncey walked in and sat on the bed.
“I always have good timing,” he said smiling at me.
“Shut up,” I said taking a chip from him.
As I walked over to my closet I felt him eyeing me. I pulled on an old shirt and sweatpants before joining him on my bed.
“Do my chemistry homework?” I asked pulling out my folder.
“If you do my math homework,” he said lying next to me.
Chauncey and I worked until almost seven when I made up an excuse for him to leave. After he left Jerry knocked on the door. I opened it for him and he led me into my room.
“What’s up?” I asked.
“I miss you,” he said facing me finally. “I need you in my life.”
I sighed. “Jerry…”
“Has he asked you out yet? Has he told you that he cares about you and wants to be more than just friends? I didn’t think so,” Jerry said once I didn’t answer.
Chauncey has been taking his time in asking me out. When he likes a girl it would take him four weeks to get to know her and start dating. He’s known me since forever and he hasn’t made a move yet.
Jerry walked over to me and pulled me into a kiss. I slowly kissed back as he lifted me up and laid me on the bed. Before I knew it we were both naked. Our kisses grew shorter as he pulled away. Jerry looked me in the eyes before kissing me again. “What now?”
I knew what he wanted me to say but I couldn’t.
We shouldn’t.
“We should stop…” I said running my fingers threw his hair.
Jerry sighed before slowly kissing down my body. He stopped at the center of my thighs.
*****
My hooking up with Jerry became a regular thing. He continued to pleasure me and I continued to let it happen. Our hook ups weren’t a secret and I didn’t feel as bad, since I knew that Chauncey was hooking up with other girls and they were actually doing it. Everyone could tell that Jerry and I would be getting together again soon. He just had to ask. Apart of me wish he wouldn’t. I liked what we had now; friends with benefits.
“Do you have to go?” Jerry asked as I parked my book bag. Tonight was my epic sleepover with Chauncey.
“Yes,” I said. “It was already planed.”
“So, cancel.”
I kissed him on the lips slowly. “Nothing’s going to happen”.
“Promise?”
“Yes,” I said kissing him again.