It's Too Much to Bear, the Weight of the World

Good Morning; Chapter Three

Apparently one of the rules of this high school was ‘never be late the same time as Ian Watkins’ and of course nobody had told me this until it was too late. I’d slept in and had to run to school, I was late regardless and unfortunately so was Ian, I’d had no contact with him since my first day, that was 9 days ago. Maybe he’d forgotten about me, but I thought wrong. He was walking up to the school doors when I was approaching, walking carefully behind him. Once he opened the door he held it open for me and gave me a smirk. I didn’t like the smirk.
“Late Gustav?” he laughed as I walked passed him quickly. How the hell did he know my name?
“Yeah...” I mumbled quietly, continuing my speedy pace.
“Jeez, you seem miserable!” he scoffed, walking beside me, looking down at me with piercing hazel eyes, “Smile Gussy, what else is gonna get you through the day?”
He walked ahead of me and into a classroom, art specifically which was a shock. Ian didn’t seem the type to take art. Then again, he didn’t strike me as the type to a complete bastard to me one minute then dole out ways to improve my daily mood the next. I assumed he was bi-polar and shook the moment away.

I stumbled into my history class, half an hour late. Ms Mill looked up at from her computer, with her designer glasses and badly cut hair and sighed. She extended a finger and beckoned me towards her. I heard Gavin and Aled laugh from the back of the classroom.
“Gustav,” she sighed “Late again?”
“I’ve never been late miss...” I muttered, hearing a ‘ooh’ sound emanate from the class.
“Regardless!” she snapped “You do not show up late too any of my classes! Okay?!”
“Sure.” I shrugged, beginning to walk to my seat.
Then I heard her shrill voice echo round the small room, “Excuse me!?” she screeched, taking to her feet and glowering at me.
I felt a twitch in my face and glared at her, “Yes MISS!” I hissed maliciously, she retreated a step and stayed silent. Why do I get the feeling I scared her?

Maybe I was feeling a bit agitated, I’d had a bad night and I’d slept in. That equals to a pretty bad day, I just felt sorry for the people who needed to put up with my sulks. I tried to be happy, tried really hard because I was terrified I’d end up like my crabby father. Annie told me that it was inevitable that I would end up like either my mum or my dad and to be frank I didn’t want to end like either. I was either going to be an alcoholic, sex driven maniac, or an angry man, stuck in a dead end job with no friends. Me and Annie made a promise to each other years ago that we would never turn out like them.

Friday morning’s were the best mornings, apart from Saturdays of course. Dad left really early for work on Friday’s and Annie always made me bacon for breakfast. I could smell all the way up in my bedroom, it’s the only thing that made me get out of bed so quickly. Although this time it wasn’t the bacon, I heard voices, chatting more than three for sure. I threw on a t-shirt, socks and ran downstairs. Sitting at the kitchen table was Sean, Gavin and Aled, they looked at me and laughed.
“Morning, nice briefs!” laughed Gavin, referring to my Pokémon boxers.
“Yeah nice.” Sean purred, winking at me.
“No flirting at the breakfast table!” yelled Gavin, playfully nipping Sean in the ear.
“What the hell are you guys doing here? It’s 8am!” I gasped, taking a seat.
“We were bored,” said Aled “Your sister let us in.”
“I can see where you get you’re good looks from!” laughed Sean slyly. Aled shot him a cold look from across the table and Sean looked at his lap guiltily. This was by far the weirdest morning of my life.

Annie wandered in and gave the four of us a huge grin, “Hi Gustav’s friends! Do you guys want bacon?”
“Oh I don’t eat bacon. I’m straight edge.” Gavin said, 100% serious.
“You mean you’re vegetarian?” asked Aled.
“What?” mumbled Gavin, his face going a bright red colour, “Yeah that, a veggie.”
The rest of us burst into laughter at Gavin, they’d told me he usually tried to make himself look cool in front of girls, he was a bit of a hopeless romantic. I realised that Annie didn’t think he was when she gave him her ‘secret’ smile and fluttered her shining blue eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter isn't really going anywhere. -_-
Thanks for contuing to read. :)

xx