Status: Comment bitches!

You Get The Cake, I'll Start The Car

Lego's, Barbies and Mom's Dirty Dance

Somehow I managed to keep myself in Jimmy’s lap without even sliding. The entire night, he had been being random. But only where everyone could hear him. Every so often, he’d whisper something in my ear that caused me to blush or giggle. My favorite moment, however, had to be when he made reference to my baby sister. She sat there awkwardly next to the band’s lead singer, Matt, and looked like she wished she was anywhere but there. He slammed his glass down and I saw here jump the tiniest bit. I got distracted by Jimmy then so missed what Matt said.

“Don’t look now, but I think my lead singer is hitting on your baby sister.” he whispered against my ear. I giggled and peeked at them beneath my lashes. Sure enough, Matt had the flirty look about him. Shannon, however, was blushing so bad you’d think she was sunburned. Ella was the one who broke the tension by announcing loudly that she wanted to dance. She grabbed Shannon’s hand and dragged her out to the dance floor just as ’Addiction’ by Dope started playing. I didn’t have to ask to know why Ellie wanted to dance. She could shake her hips and move her body in a way that a stripper or porn star would be proud. And I knew it would get Zacky’s attention. Hell, the only guys who wouldn’t look were those in a committed relationship- if the girl was nearby- or if they were full on gay. And even then, gay guys sometimes got caught up in the magic she weaved. I wondered briefly if Jimmy might watch her but him nuzzling my neck completely banished that fear.

“You smell so fucking good!” he said against me. Shivers ran up and down my spine. I managed a small laugh.

“Well I try.” I said, lifting the opposite shoulder. I scooted off his lap and turned to him. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that Ella’s plan had indeed worked. Zacky was staring like a kid in the candy store. Only unlike the kid- who would be indecisive- he seemed to know exactly what he wanted. I smiled as I met Jimmy’s blue eyes. They were so unique yet oddly similar to my own. And I kept getting lost in them.

“What?” he asked with a crooked smile. I shrugged.

“You’re paying more attention to me than Ella.” I said softly. He glanced over my shoulder and then back at me.

“She’s good. And sexy. I’ll give her that, but- aside from my man Zack lusting after her- I’m interested in you.” he explained simply before nudging me back. He stood and led me out to the dance floor. I panicked for a moment.

“Oh no, I don’t dance well with guys.” I rushed, trying to pull back.

“It’s okay. I don’t either.” he winked before pulling me into his arms. The height difference alone must have made a comical sight. But add in that we were basically middle school slow dancing to a non-slow song. Well, I’m sure those who were watching Ella and Shannon in lust, were watching us in confusion. I could swear he was about to kiss me when I felt my ass grabbed.

“Vi-ness! Dance with us!” Ella announced, pulling my away. Jimmy chuckled at my death glare. I caved and fell into rhythm with them. I twirled around and saw Zacky, Matt and Jimmy watching us with the candy store stare. And Alec trying to shield his daughter’s eyes.

“But I always see her dance like that!” Scarlett said loudly, pushing his head away. She giggled and ran over to Brian.

“Can I see your fedora?” she asked pouting. He looked a bit confused as to whether he should agree or not. Her pout deepened. You could hear his resolve break. No one could resist Scarlett’s puppy dog pout, which she inherited straight from her momma. Without a word, he plucked the fedora off his head and dropped it on hers. She let out a squeal that probably shattered everyone’s ear drums. Unless they were used to it.

“Mommy! Look! I has his hat!” she said happily, running up to Ellie. Ellie chuckled and scooped her up.

“You realize you will never see this fedora on your head again.” she said, glancing at Brian.

“I figured.” he said sighing heavily. Ellie laughed and set her daughter down before walking back behind the bar.

“Guess I ought to get busy before Xander and Alec have an aneurysm.” she said, tucking a towel into her waistband. Shannon looked at me and grabbed my hand. She dragged me straight to the ladies room.

“Why does everyone love dragging me?!” I complained as the door closed behind us.

“You don’t move quick enough, you love me and help!” she said all in one breath. I recognized it as Shannon’s panic mode.

“Calm down, mei mei.” I said in a soothing tone. She took a breath. Then another.

“Okay, so the lead singer, Matt, he’s seems to be flirting with me and I don’t know if its him actually flirting or him being nice and me wishing for it.” she begun with her speed talking again. I followed every word of it from years of hearing it.

“Calm down, honey. Matt was totally flirting with you. Jimmy even said so. And he was definitely checking you out while you and Ella were dancing.” I assured her.

“But, but,” she began

“But nothing! Unless its getting your sexy butt back out there to flirt with the beast of a man wanting you!” I commanded, giving said butt a smack. She let out a small yelp and started for the door. I laughed and followed close behind her. You’d think she’d be used to her butt being hit after growing up with me and Ellie as her sisters. We made our way through the small crowd on the dance floor. I nudged Shannon in Matt’s direction and headed to Jimmy. Who was currently in a very serious conversation with Scarlett.

“I’m telling you, Lego’s are way better than any possible toy.” Jimmy said in an insistent tone. Scar shook her head.

“Nuh-uh!” she said, putting her fists on her hips.

“Yeah-huh!” he argued. I walked up and placed a hand on my niece’s shoulder.

“Whatcha talking about Scar?” I asked, kneeling to her level.

He,” she said, pointing her finger at Jimmy, “thinks Lego’s are better!” she finished, looking to me. I glanced at Jimmy and shrugged.

“She would much rather throw things at Alec. Her latest favorite was a frying pan. Last I checked anyway.” I added with a chuckle. Scarlett beamed up at me.

“But it’s so much fun!” she said in a sweet voice. I ful on laughed at that.

“You are your mother’s daughter.” I said, ruffling her hair. She blinked and poked out her bottom lip.

“What’s your point?” she asked innocently. In the perfect Ella tone.

“Face it, Jimjim, you’re fighting a losing battle here.” I said, moving to his side. He sighed and stood.

“But they’re so fun!” he protested.

“I know, believe me, but you won’t convince her of that anymore than a person can convince her that barbies are an acceptable child’s toy.” I said, looking down at the little girl.

“They aren’t even correct in their parts!” she accused. A devious look passed across her face.

“But they are great for throwing at people’s heads!” she nodded.

“Has she…” Jimmy started to ask, “Know what, I don’t even want to know.”

“It’s safer that way, trust me.” I said. Scar giggled and skipped off to the bar. As I saw Ellie glare at me, I remembered she technically wasn’t supposed to be outside of it anyways. I shrugged and pointed to Jimmy. Hopefully directing any of her wrath his way.

“What are you pointing at?” Jimmy asked curiously.

“Oooh nothing, just shrug and nod.” I said cutely. He gave me a puzzled look but followed my directions. I smiled up at him. I could get used to talking to this guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okkkaaaay this was waaay behind and I apologize. Thank you Ella who saved our butts by updating twice! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. If not, I sorry for that too! I think I got the gist of Scarlett's personality. In case Ellie hasn't already said this, she really does love throwing things at her father. And loathes barbie dolls. I've never met this kid but I already admire her!! Anyhooters, I suppose its already back to Ella. Leave us comments and love!!!