Billie Joe Armstrong Is My Step-Father...and I Hate It

CHAPTER FIVE: Billie Joe Armstrong is my step-father... and I hate it: Life is a horror movie

It was now ten at night. Mum and Billie were out until eleven, I was to baby sit. I stood beside the blaring t.v, holding up the DVD in my hand. “Thus, it’s the scariest Japenese movie since the beginning of time” I concluded.

“Aaaaand... you want us to watch it?” Joey asked. “Are you mad?!”

“Are you chicken?” I sneered, in almost a whisper. “Chick-eeeeen” I added when I saw him try to put a word in. “Chick-eeeeeeen!”

“I am NOT scared of screaming Japenese people!” Joey yelled, getting ticked off.

“Do we have to?” another voice asked. Jakob. I turned to him, my eyes glittering in the fuzz of the t.v.

“Wow, it seems all the Armstrongs are chicken” I said. “Adrienne must be thanking the Heavens she got out on time.”

“That’s low!” Joey yelled, standing up.

“Oh, sit down, idiot” I hissed. “Just coz you wanna stall.” Silence. “Coward.”

“THAT DOES IT! We’re watching it!” Joey announced, snatching the DVD from my hand. I smirked. I, myself, have never watched the move but I have heard things that kept me awake at night. Hollie and Kage were asleep in their beds by now. Kage was tired so he just went to sleep. I think he’s sick or something because his temperature was up a bit. That or the crazy heating my mum likes.

“I’ll go get some snacks” I said, trooping my way into the kitchen. I shoved out some popcorn, ice cream, chocolate and stuff along that lines. It was enough to feed ten people let alone three. I carried them all in, the popcorn bag clutched in my teeth as my arms were full of the ice cream tubs, the large chocolate stash, potato chips and the bowls full of other sugar filled cavity-insured foods.

“There’s only three of us, Grace. Not twenty” Joey sneered, doubling my guess on how much this could feed.

“Yea, well... you don’t need to eat any” I said, ripping off the top of a tub of chocolate ice cream and scooping it out. “Start it.”

And so it started. We sat there, mostly in stunned, shocked or horrorfied silence. Every scene was a scene of blood spill and screams. Literally every scene. My hands trembled everytime I lifted them. Jakob was too transfixed with fear to eat anything but me and Joey were stuffing ourselves. Mostly to distract ourselves from what was on the screen. It got worse with every scene. It got to the point where there was so much blood, I felt physically sick. Infact, guts started being ripped out... it was disgusting. Yet, I couldn’t take my eyes off it. It was then I felt something being held in front of me. The bag of popcorn. Joey, who seemed to be control by something else other than his brain, had his eyes on the screen yet... he was offering my popcorn. I took some. After five seconds, a large scream erupted from the t.v, mingled with our own and a shower of popcorn flying everywhere. I edged closer to Joey, ready to grab him when something happens, stuffing the spoon covered in chocolate fudge ice cream in my mouth.

“She’s gonna walk through the door...” Joey whimpered. “Don’t go through the door... what is she, mad?”

“She’s gonna get eaten...” I added.

“GRACE!”

Three screams filled the living room. Food flew everywhere as me and Joey jumped up, grabbing each other for each others protection. Kage stood at the door, looking pale and worn out. Thank... God. I let go of Joey quickly, as if he was a scorpian, scrambling away. He did the same. I paused the film.

“I was sick...” Kage croaked. “There’s vomit everywhere.”

“I’LL GO CLEAN IT!” Joey yelled.

“No, me!” I yelled, scrambling out of the room, Joey following. So, we were both knelt over the pool of vomit on Kages floor, cleaning it up.

“I’m never watching that again...” Joey said.

“Not in this life, not in my next life, not ever” I added. “We’ll watch something brighter now and tomorrow...” Mum and Billie were going out again tomorrow. Something about Green Day, it was important Billie was there and he asked mum to tag along. Kage had fallen back asleep. The sick left a dark stain and a horrible stench but it was gone at least. I threw the cloth I used in the bin when I got downstairs. The movie was still paused. Well, I wasn’t expecting Jakob to turn it on again. He looked at us when we came back.

“We decided, for your sake, to turn it off” Joey said, making up some excuse.

“Kids, they ruin everything” I scoffed, rolling my eyes at him. Jakob looked confused.

“It’s not scary, guys. I can watch the rest” he said. What? Was he serious? He was twelve. Me and Joey were fifteen (or at least I think he is). He was laughing about it in his mind and me and Joey were technically pissing ourselves with fear.

“... it’s bad for the younger generation” I said, turning it off quickly. “We’ll watch something else.”

We ended up watching Alice in Wonderland. Jakob fell asleep half way through it. Joey fell asleep not long after. I felt my own eyes getting heavy and I felt my head droop sideways, leaning against Joey’s. Before I knew it, I fell asleep.

“Graaace...” something called. I turned to see Billie Joe half way down the corridor. I stumbled backwards, feeling the lace of my dress want to trip me. He had a sneaky smirk across his face. He was backing me up simply by walking towards me. I wanted to scream but I couldn’t. My mouth was dry.

“Grace?” my mother disembodied voice called. “Grace... Grace...” Oh God, he killed her! And now she’s calling from the Heavens...


“GRACE!”

Wait, she wasn’t dead... I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in my living room. I was perfectly fine. Billie stood someway behind, looking at the case of the Japanese movie we watched three quaters off.

“What am I leaning on?” I asked, closing my eyes tight and then opened them to look. Joey. “Oh, WRONG!” I sprang away and he fell sideways, waking himself up.

“DON’T KILL ME!”

“What were you watching?” Billie asked, holding up the DVD case.

“What’s that?” mum asked, snatching it.

“It’s nothing, dad.”

“It’s perfectly alright, mum.”

“I’ve heard of this... where did you get this, this isn’t legal in the U.S yet!” mum exclaimed.

“What? It isn’t?! How could you bring it into this house, Joey?!” I exclaimed, pretending to get worked up.

“Wha- YOU’RE the one who suggested we watch it!”

“Still, you shouldn’t have had it!”

“I never did!”

“Grace, where did you get this?”

“Kage was sick” I said, trying to change the subject.

“What-?! Oh God, I better go check!” mum exclaimed, tossing the box and fleeing upstairs. Billie gave me a stern look.

“Grace, where’d you get it?” he asked.

“Any of your business?” I seethed. I got up. “I’m going to bed. See you all tomorrow, hopefully not.” I walked upstairs.

I tried to get to sleep but the screams from the movie echoed in my head. And I kept seeing the strange creature that devoured organs in the corners of my room. I grabbed my duvet and threw it over my head. I hadn’t felt like this ever since I was scared of Barney the Dinosaur when I was a kid. In fact, I loathed him. I was afraid he’d come to me, tell me I was naughty then eat me. Although, I don’t feel that anymore. Even now, I wouldn’t mind someone beside me... even if it was Joey...

I sat up and screamed. I was thinking of Joey holding me.

Good God.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hell ya. I think I'll score about twenty parts up today, ha ha :D