Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Chapter 12

I sat on what was left of my old porch as I ran my fingers through the dust that was left on the burned panels of the wood floor. I chuckled at my own stupidity. I still don’t know how I fell for that. It’s time to turn off all of my feelings. Although it would be the easiest way out, I refuse to do so. I will find a way to end William’s clan and take him down with it.

I felt another presence nearing me and I just laughed and shook my head.

“Avery, I ca-“

“Goodnight, Brendon.” I simply said as I disappeared into my new room in the warehouse. I could hear barking from the ground floor indicating that Teddy was fighting for food with either Patrick, Joe, or Andy. I looked over to the bed and saw sleeping Syler. Lucky bastard.

I walked over to the drawers and took out my pajamas of the night. I walked into the bathroom and took a shower. After I was done I abused my powers by using it to dry my hair leaving it in soft curls. I put on my underwear and my pajamas along with my knee boots. I pulled my sleeping mask over my forehead and walked out of the room slamming the door in order to wake up the kitty cat. But no, he won’t even budge!

I dragged my feet down to the kitchen hoping to find some leftover faux blood. As soon as I walked into the living room I noticed that it was completely empty. But I don’t care, I’m used to being alone. At some point it relaxing, but from another point I knew that I would always need him. And that fact truly hurts.

After I reached the kitchen I heard my stomach growl and I looked down at it with my eyebrow raised. Wow, that’s a first. I just shook it off and opened the fridge.

Pepsi, Pepsi, Sprite, Pepsi, oh! More Pepsi! I just rolled my eyes at Anna’s little addiction and moved some food out of the way in hope to find what I was looking for. After not finding anything I closed the fridge and started looking through the upper cabinets. I found something quite strange.

A bottle of holy water. I looked at it skeptically before unscrewing the cap and sniffing the inside of it. It was in fact holy water. I took a chance and sipped a bit. My brows furrowed as I noticed that it didn’t have any effect on me. I took another sniff to make sure that I wasn’t wrong. I just carefully put the bottle back making a mental note to ask about it later.

After about fifteen minutes I just gave up on my search and went back to Syler’s and my room. I opened my fridge and took out a packet of AB positive blood. With that I started making my way back downstairs to the kitchen. When I got there I searched through the drawers for a straw and ironically they only had red ones. I took one and plunged it into the packet. I smiled as the cool liquid traveled down my throat. It’s been a couple of days since I’ve had human blood and boy did I miss it.

“Aahh!!” I heard someone scream and jump in the doorway at the sight of me and I just rolled my eyes and waved at them. “Oh, good morning Avery. Or goodnight?” Pete said with questioning look.

“Yeah, something along those lines.” I mumbled as I sipped more of blood.

“What are you drinking?!” he gasped pointing to the packet and I just rolled my eyes.

“Blood.” I said in an obvious tone and his eyes widened in shock. “Well it’s not my fault that I couldn’t find any faux blood.” I whined and hopped off of the counter to make space for him to use the blender.

“Oh.” He said with a shrug and then started laughing as he looked at my outfit.

“Hey! I’m covering much more skin than you are mister!” I said pointing finger at him. He just smirked in return.

“Like what you see?” he asked with his eyebrow raised.

“You do know that there is a reason I’m sharing a room with Syler, right?” I answered with a smirk and he just glared. “Oh and these fun little things,” I said tugging on my boxers “his.” I smirked wider as he just rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, you win this one.”

“I always win.”

“You lost your house.”

“That’s low.” I hissed at him.

“Sorry.”

“So I have a question.” I said pretending that our little argument never happened. He just urged me to go on. “Do you keep holy water in that cabinet?” I asked pointing to the one behind him and he nodded. Then I walked over to it and took out that tiny little vital and showed it to him “This one?” he nodded. “I drank it, and it didn’t affect me, how come?”

“It’s one of the ingredients of the shake. And since you’ve been drinking it for awhile now, your immune system got used to it and it’s not going to affect you.” He answered with another shrug and I just nodded in return.

“Sweet.” I said with a smile and then kept sipping on my blood.

“How does it taste?” he asked.

“What?”

“How does it taste?”

“You mean the blood?” I questioned and he nodded taking a seat on the counter right in front of me. “Well, it tastes amazing. And it helps you control your thirst better. Shake wears you out more and makes you weaker than when you’re on a human blood diet.” I explained and he nodded in response.

“So what’s the story behind Mr. Pussycat?” he asked and I laughed remembering the day I met him.

“Well I met him through my creator actually. We were both invited to a private meeting and at that moment I didn’t know he was a shape shifter, I thought he was just a cat so I started petting him and set him on my lap. Then my creator walked in and said ‘Syler stop being a lazy ass’ and in a second there was a guy sitting on my lap smiling at me.” I said and Pete just laughed in return.

“So you were best friends ever since?”

“Oh no, I kicked his ass that day. Then we were assigned to work together so we had to get along and then our partnership became into friendship, nothing more thou. Well there was this one incident, but that’s when he found out something about me and stopped trying.” I said with a sigh.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean that my heart was taken A LONG time ago.” I explained and he just said ‘oh’

“Do you mind telling me by who?” he asked looking at me expectantly and I just shook my head.

“No, because it wouldn’t make any difference.” I answered and from that second my mood was down and I hung my head. “I just regret that William found out that I’m in love. He will find a way to use it against me.” I said as I used my hands to rub my temples out of habit.

“Does he know who you’re in love with?” Pete asked rubbing my shoulder in comfort.

“Well before this day he was convinced that I was in love with myself, so I’m not sure.” I said with a chuckle.

“Then this means you have time to protect whoever you love.”

“No, I can’t. He shattered my heart and I am pretty sure he enjoyed it.”

“Are you talking about…” he asked and he sent the name of his suspicion into my head and I nodded slowly. “Oh my god, I am so sorry, come here.” He said engulfing me in a tight hug. I just wrapped my arms around his naked torso which was pretty awkward to say the least.

“I knew you moved on!” I rolled my eyes upon hearing a voice full of sleep and I just turned around and stuck my tongue at him and his eyes widened in excitement. “You moved on! Congratulations!”

“Dude! No, no, no. Don’t get your whiskers in a twist.” Pete said earning a chuckle from me and a glare from Syler.

“Okay, I got another question before you two guys start wrestling, although I wouldn’t mind watching that. I mean look at you two. Yummy!” I said with a wide smile and they simultaneously folded their arms across their chests.

“Spit it out.” Syler said with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

“Why are you two always at each other’s throats?”

“He’s got fangs.”

“He’s got a tail.”

“Yeah, cuz that is so reasonable.” I said with sarcasm.

“Well I don’t know, he’s just annoying and way too protective of you.” Pete said.

“Just like you are?” I questioned and he nodded. Then I turned to Syler with questioning look.

“I just like messing with him cuz his comebacks are lame.” He stated as a matter-of-factly and I tried to hide my smile as much as I could.

I know right!

“Wrong mind!” Pete growled and my eyes widened as I smiled sheepishly.

“Oopsies?” I asked and he just nodded as he launched at me.

“Oh, live entertainment! Get me some milk and you’ll make me a one happy kitten.” Syler smirked and Pete and I just started laughing uncontrollably. About five minutes later Syler finally caught up and joined us.

“Alright, alright. Enough. We need to discuss what we’re going to do with the whole William thing.” I said and they nodded and we all started our way to the basement where we know that no one would bother us. First because if you wake up Pete he will eat you. And second, no one feels like going down there.

We all gathered around the closed ‘coffin’ that we currently used as a table and started discussing our strategies. In the end we came up with something incredibly stupid, but also something that might just work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??