Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Chapter 2

I walked through the warehouse for the fifth time in two days. I hated coming on these stupid missions with Patrick, Pete, Andy and Joe. I have no interest in hunting vampires. Or what the boys just did now, they kidnapped one, and take them here to interrogate them to find out where the ‘head Dandy’ is and when he’s gonna attack next and stuff that I do not give two fucks about.

“You know Patrick, I’m very tired of coming here on my weekends! I have better things to do. Oh wait, it’s not just my weekends I care about, IT’S MY LIFE! You know I have no desire to do this for the rest of my life, so why force me to?!” I shouted through the three floored run down mansion that the guys used as a warehouse/hide out.

“You know why you’re here Anna, stop fussing.” I heard him call from the second floor, probably reading. I was on the third just walking around, Joe and Andy were on the first floor raiding the kitchen, and Pete was in the basement interrogating the vampire he kidnapped from the streets.

“And why is that Patrick?” I sighed.

“Because you can gouge people’s eyes out with your nails” He said and I just chuckled as I looked down at my nails as I held onto the old wooden banister.

“It’s no use for anything else though, their skin is hard as stone” I said walking towards the stairs slowly that led to the attic.

“But it’s still helpful when it’s needed, plus you’re a good interrogator, and I think Pete will need you in a little bit, I hear them yelling and I heard that creek in the floor boards, get away from the attic stairs!” Patrick yelled and I huffed as I walked down the hall to the steps.

“Sometimes with your hearing I’m always questioning if YOU’RE a vampire or not” I mumbled stomping to the second level, looking in and out of each room.

“I heard that” I heard Patrick say and I rolled my eyes and found which room he was in. I was right, he was lying on the bed reading another Van Helsing book.

“You know those books won’t help you at all Patrick, it’s all fiction.” I laughed sitting on the edge of the musty bed.

“That’s what they said about vampires, and look what we hunt every week.” Patrick said in complete monotone.

“And why can’t I go into the attic?” I asked hitting his knee.

“Because I said so.” Patrick said slowly as he turned a page in the book.

“That’s not a fair statement,” I stared.

“But it’s MY statement.” Patrick smiled and I just rolled my eyes.

“Does Pete need me down in the basement yet? I’m getting seriously bored. LIKE
ALWAYS WHEN I COME TO THIS HELL HOLE, BECAUSE YOU DON’T LET ME BRING MY PHONE, OR MY COMPUTER, OR MY IPOD,” I started yelling as I stomped out of the room.

“How many times do I have to say they’ll find out we’re here if you have all of your electronics with you?” Patrick asked and I heard another page of his book turn.

“Yes, because they can track where we are with an iPod!” I shouted as I rode the banister down to the main floor.

“They can! They’re amazing! They may be old, but you don’t know how powerful they are and how good they are with ionized technology.” Patrick called as he heard me ‘weeee’ing as I slid down the banister.

“How good they are with ionized technology? How good THEY are?! Patrick please, I can crash a computer in ten minutes, maybe even less depending on if I know the software well enough.” I said loving the sound of my heels clopping on the wooden floor as I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge.

“But I will give you one thing for making me come on these missions. I love getting to dress all sexy like, and I get to wear like five inch heels” I smiled to myself as I pulled half of a hoagie out of the fridge, and grabbed a Pepsi and twisted off the cap, and hitting the door shut with my hip.

“Oh yes, you WOULD love it for that. So thousand year old vampires can hit on you, make you feel special, then they attack you.”

“Nice of you to join us up here Peter,” I smirked biting into my hoagie.

“Haha,” Pete said with fake laughter as he held onto the door.

“Go talk to her. She’s not telling me anything besides she’s William’s sister.” Pete said slamming the door shut and I heard the other three gasp and I just shook my head.

“I don’t even know what this dude looks like,” I said flopping my arms to my sides.

“And it’s gonna stay that way,” Patrick pointed at me.

“Why? How am I supposed to help you guys fight this dude if I have no fucking clue what he looks like?” I asked sipping my Pepsi.

“Because I said so. You just need to attack anyone who’s not Pete.” Patrick said stealing my bottle from me and sipping it.

“They’re all his minions and shit, and do what he says. But if you keep them distracted, we can get them and get to William” Pete said taking a quick bite from the opposite end of my hoagie.

“Do you mind? I haven’t eaten in like 4 days, I’m fuckin starving.” I said pulling my sandwich away from him.

“Well we know THAT’S gonna stop,” Patrick said flipping through a magazine on the counter.

“What?” I asked knowing exactly what he was talking about.

“The not eating for days at a time, I’m not gonna let you starve,” Patrick said looking up at me over the rim of his glasses, and when he did that I knew I was gonna either get in trouble now or later on.

“I haven’t had any time to eat because I’m always doing these stupid missions!” I said slamming the Pepsi cap down on the counter.

“Don’t get sassy now just because the guys are here for you to make a scene, I know how you get.” Patrick said flipping the magazine page again.

“Whatever. All of this stuff is a joke,” I said sipping my soda before screwing the cap on real quick and watching it spin.

“I’ll go talk to this vampire chick and see what I can get out of her,” I said listening to the clacking of my heels instead of Patrick and Pete who were both yelling stuff at me. I creaked open the basement door and walked slowly down the cement steps, holding onto the banister out of habit. I looked to my right and back on the far wall I saw the vampire girl sitting in a chair, her arms hand cuffed around the chair and behind her back, and Pete had handcuffed her ankles to the front legs of the chairs. ‘You really know how to make a girl stay Pete,’ I thought and she looked over to me and her hair hung in front of her face.

“Here to interrogate me?” She asked cocking her eyebrow and a smirk grew on her face.

“Uh,” I started.

“I heard him before he shut the door.” She said and I just nodded.

“Uh, okay, well just tell me what Pete did so I know what NOT to do.” I laughed trying to ease the mood.

“You’re not getting any more information other than what I had told … Pete,” the girl said looking like she was trying to remember what I had said.

“Well what did you tell him?” I asked hopping up on one of the tables that were down here.

“I am Avery Lynn Beckett.” She said firmly, not looking up from the floor.

“Is that all you said? Was your name?” I asked and she shook her head, but I knew she wouldn’t wanna say any more.

“I’m not on his side.” She said.

“Huh?” I asked because she had caught me off guard.

“I’m not on William’s side. But he kept insisting I was, when I’m not. I want nothing to do with him or that damned Dandy clan. It’s actually sad, the clan.” She said with hatred in her voice, then she chuckled at the end.

“Why is it sad?” I asked.

“Because William thinks he’s the best damned thing to ever walk the face of the earth, and whatever he does is super amazing. So he thinks his clan is all high and mighty, when it’s not. That’s why I rather walk alone, because I’d rather be myself then some snot nose clan member that my brother is turning those poor innocent individuals into. Have you SEEN what they wear?” Avery chuckled as she looked up at me from the spot on the floor she had been staring at.

“Not everyone, just some people. Isn’t it like all old fashioned?” I asked and Avery nodded.

“I don’t like it at all. But that’s not the only reason I don’t want to be a part of the Dandies. I just don’t want to be under my brother’s reign. Do you know what it’s like having to live up to their standards? Or them having you do something JUST because they’re older than you?” Avery said and I nodded.

“Oh yeah, I know EXACTLY what you mean. Patrick always makes me do this hunting stuff just cause HE does it,” I scoffed and she forced out a laugh.

“I didn’t catch your name,” Avery said looking up, trying to sweep her hair out of her face.

“Anna-Marie Stump. But everyone just calls me Anna or Marie, I don’t care really, as long as I don’t get called Anna-Marie, because I know I’m about to get in trouble.” I said and Avery chuckled. I went to extend my hand when I realized she was hand cuffed.

“You wouldn’t run away if I uncuffed you would you?” I asked hesitantly and she just looked at me.

“Do you think I want to head to an early grave if I tried to run away from here when I’m surrounded by four hunters-“ She started and I looked at her and she smirked.

“Three hunters and another vampire probably as strong as me?” Avery asked still smirking and I chuckled as I took and extra set of handcuff keys from my pocket. I had to laugh at how Pete had millions of the SAME kind of handcuffs, so anyone could unlock anybody at anytime. As the cuffs were released from around Avery’s wrists and ankles, she rubbed them before hopping up on the table with me, and we started talking. And before I realized it, an hour had passed. I heard mumbling from upstairs, then someone opened the door and walked down the steps, to find Avery and I talking and laughing, and they weren’t too happy about that. Then the next thing I knew Pete had a bat in his hand, and it came into collision with Avery’s head. Within seconds she was knocked out and I just looked at Pete.

“WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!” I yelled.

“WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?! WHY THE FUCK DID YOU UNCUFF HER!?” Pete shouted at me dropping the bat and picking up Avery, and lying her on the table.

“BECAUSE SHE WAS DOING NOTHING WRONG?!” I asked raising my voice even more if it was possible. And as Pete and I yelled back and forth, Patrick, Andy and Joe rushed down the steps to break us up before a fight broke out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, this chapter is written by one of my closest friends and it is basically the introduction to another main character so a lot of chapters will be from that character's point of view. I hope you enjoyed it. Please comment and subscribe if you like it.
~Sasha~