Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Chapter 9

I showed Avery and Syler their new room, and told Avery I would go with her in a little bit to get her stuff, and Teddy and Lucy… Whoever they may be. I quickly skipped down the steps and walked thru the living room to the kitchen. Knocking Patrick’s hat off in the process, which rewarded me with a book thrown at my back.

“Good job smart one, now what are ya gonna read?” I smiled ignoring the pain eradicating from my back as I continued on my bee line path to the kitchen. I looked around for something in the fridge and found a left over sammich from Wawa, got a Pepsi and quickly ate that and gulped half of my drink within seconds. Then I found some saltine crackers and proceeded to shove them into my mouth. I was about to take a sip of my drink when I noticed that Pete was staring at me in mid push of the button he was about to press on the blender.

“What? I’m fucking starving.” I said and some cracker powder flew from my mouth. I saw that Patrick was at the island now with the book he threw at me, and shook his head, while Pete started laughing.

“Again, WHAT?!” I asked gulping the rest of my drink and grabbing another one.

“Nothing.” Patrick mumbled opening his book again and fury rose within me. I hated when people said nothing about something.

“Patrick why where you staring at me?” I asked and he just shook his head as he continued to read.

“You’re such a dude!” Andy laughed.

“Sometimes I don’t even realize you’re a girl with the kinda shit you do!” Joe also laughed.

“Thank you, because every girl wants to be told they’re a dude, and aren’t recognized as girls Andrew and Joseph.” I said and they stopped laughing. They hated when I used their full names. I smiled and turned back to Pete.

“Can I try that?” I asked pointing to what was in the blender, which he was now pouring into two cups.

“Ohhh no, no no no no! First Avery tried it and she won’t leave me the fuck alone about it. You’re not trying it too!” Pete said holding the cups above his head.

“Calm the fuck down Pete, I just want an itty bitty sip.” I said and Pete hesitated before looking to Patrick.

“Should I let her?” he asked and Patrick just shrugged.

“If she wants to be in the bathroom huddled over the toilet for the next forty-eight hours, it’s up to her,” Patrick said turning the page of his book. Pete sighed before handing me the pitcher, with a little bit left in it. I took it and looked to my left, seeing Joe and Andy had come in from the living room to watch.

“Why do you guys seem so interested with me drinking this?” I asked and Patrick answered in monotone.

“Because, the shake I made for Pete isn’t very easy on human stomachs. It has a lot of herbs and spices that normally doesn’t take a good toll on us, but is fairly easy for vampires to digest. Such as Pete, Avery, and Syler, if he ever wants to drink it.” Patrick said and I didn’t like how he was acting.

“What happens if I stomach it? Am I like a super human or something?” I asked and Patrick shrugged.

“I don’t know.” And he turned another page. I sighed and looked down at the little drink left in the pitcher. I hadn’t noticed that Pete had already come back from giving Avery her drink. I slowly raised the pitcher to my lips and looked around as everyone stared at me. Patrick was even looking up from his book. But I saw his thumb was in the middle of the page, so I knew he’d be going back to reading shortly after I would make my supposed run to the bathroom after drinking this. I raised the pitcher again so the liquid slowly slid into my mouth. I swallowed it and licked my lips. Waiting. For anything. For my stomach to flip, for me to burp, the spices be hard on my throat and cough hard, or even throw up right there into the sink. But… nothing.

“Patrick where you lying to me just so I wouldn’t drink this shake thing?” I asked handing the pitcher to Pete and he began to wash it.

“No, do you see how much stuff he puts in there every day? Either you have a thick stomach lining or you’re immune to A LOT of stuff. Neither Andy or I can stomach it. Not even Joe, and he can take a hit when it comes to food.” Patrick said, getting up and finally putting his fucking book down and walking over to me.

“Do you feel okay?” he asked looking at me and I nodded.

“A-Okay” I smiled and burped a bit. It burned like I had just chugged a sprite and the burning sensation came thru my nostrils. I blew air out of my nose and closed my eyes as I shook my head a bit, before sipping my pepsi.

“I’ll be back, I wanna check on Avery and see if she’s asleep or not,” I said skipping away. I got to the second floor and slowly walked up the third story steps. I gave her and Syler the room three doors down from me. So when I could go check on her or something I could try once again to sneak into the attic, but Patrick always caught me. I skipped up to the stop step and walked past the first room, the second room, and the third room. I left my door open, and out of habit of looking into rooms with open doors I quickly glanced into my room and kept walking, only to stop abruptly and take a couple steps back to be in front of my doorway again, and looked into my room to look out my window. I saw Will sitting on the ledge, leaning his head on the window frame and smiling at me.

“Ugh, not now Will.” I said quietly knowing he would hear. He pursed his lips and looked at me. I widened my eyes a bit indicating I was serious. I shut my door and walked past the next two rooms, coming to Avery’s door. I knocked softly and I heard a quiet ‘come in.’ I opened the door and saw Syler lying next to Avery watching her sleep.

“I thought vamps don’t sleep?” I questioned softly as Syler moved his feet and I sat on the edge of the bed.

“Only when they’re overly tired, or just want to be normal. Like Pete. Didn’t you know he slept? Avery told me about everything that’s happened in the past couple days, so I’m caught up.” He said softly as Avery’s breaths stayed slow and steady.

“Ohh, and to be honest I never knew he slept. I knew he slept when we’d have like back to back missions, but I honestly never knew what he did in his room.” I said and Syler laughed.

“Well I can’t say that I actually want to know what he does there. I don’t like the guy. He’s creepy.” Syler stated as he scrunched his nose and I just laughed as I shook my head at him.

“He’s not that bad, honestly. He’s one of the nicest people here. Well fang-people.”

“Really?”

“Well at least he’s not the one constantly throwing books at my head so yeah, he is the nice one.” I said with a shrug. Then I heard footsteps going up the stairs and then I saw a head of black hair as they appeared in the doorway with the shake thingy in their hands. You guessed it. The emo queen has arrived.

“Keep your thoughts to yourself.” Pete mumbled and both of our eyes widened. “How the fuck did that just happen?” he asked still with wide eyes.

“You’re a mind reader dude. No wonder William is gay for you.” Syler said smirking.

“Are you sure William’s the one who’s gay for me, not you?”

“Why, do you want me to be?”

“Okay, this conversation is getting awkward.” I interrupted as the guys stopped to think and then started ewwing and shaking out of disgust. “That’s what I thought.” I smirked. “Well I’m gonna go to my room now, I’m really tired and I think that it had something to do with that shake thingy.” I lied.

“Okay.” Syler said as he moved some of Avery’s hair out of her face.

“You’re lying.” Pete said smirking and I rolled my eyes.

“Fine, I just don’t want to be here as a witness to a murder that one of you guys will eventually commit.” I said bluntly and walked out before they could say anything back to me.

As I walked back into my room I closed the door and locked it to make sure no one would come busting in. Although it wouldn’t matter if Avery, Pete, or Syler would decide to pay me a visit. I turned away from the door and looked at the window. William was casually sitting on the sill and leaning his head on the glass as he watched me approach him.

I stopped in the middle of my room and crossed my arms across my chest.

“What do you want?” I asked through gritted teeth just wanting to finally get it over with and get HIM out of thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone! Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed it!

Comments???