Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Chapter 8

I felt like there was something heavy on my eyelids that kept pushing down on me and wouldn’t let me open my eyes. As much as I tried to come to my senses, I couldn’t. I could just hear faint conversations that were surrounding me.

“Who the fuck are you?!” I heard someone yell.

“Me?! Who the fuck are YOU?!” a more familiar voice called.

“Giver her to me you…you…pussycat!” someone yelled and I felt someone tugging on my body.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing oh mighty fang?!” another pull “Yo! You mosquito-ass! Let her go! I don’t even fucking know who you are!”

“ME?! Who the fuck are you?!”

“ME?! Who the fuck are YOU?!” I have a feeling that this conversation will take a while. I tried to open my eyes once again and this time it worked. As I looked up I saw Syler and Pete ready to rip each other’s throats out while Syler was still holding me with one hand and had a fire ball ready in the other.

“You guys are like children, leave you for one second and you’re ready to kill each other.” I said with a weak voice and immediately the fire disappeared as Pete smiled and Syler sighed in relief.

“You will be the death of me one day.” Syler mumbled holding me closer.

“Yo, pussycat! Piss off!” Pete yelled and Syler hissed at him with his eyes glinting with bright light.

“Put me down, now!” I yelled and instantly regretted it when I felt a sharp pain in my throat. Syler slowly put me down on my feet and I held onto his shoulder. “Now what happened?”

“Well Urie stabbed you and” Pete started.

“Yeah I know that, what happened after?” I interrupted him impatiently.

“Okay, I have a question for you, what were they doing near your house?” Pete asked with confusion and I instantly felt anger and hate rising within me.

“They were trying to kidnap her in order to find out how her powers work, if not, they wanted to torture her till she agreed to fight on their side.” Syler said and I nodded with hurt.

“He used me. I don’t know why I’m so surprised.” I said coldly.

“I’M GONNA KILL THAT BITCH!” Syler yelled and started to run but I got a hold of his belt loop and stopped him.

“The bitch is not worth it.” I said and Pete nodded. “Stop sucking up.” I told Pete and he stuck his tongue out at me.

“Well it’s settled. You’re moving in with us.” Pete said and Syler groaned.

“I don’t wanna live with them! If all of them are like this mosquito then I don’t wanna live with them!” Syler said as he folded his hands across his chest.

“Who invited you?” Pete said flatly with a hint of mockery in his voice.

“He’s coming with me.” I said and Pete’s eyes widened.

“Why?”

“Because he’s my best friend.”

“You said the same about Urie and look what happened!” Pete exclaimed pointing to my stomach.

“Don’t you dare to question my judgment.” I snapped back at him through gritted teeth.

“Well someone has to seeing as you don’t have anyone to do so.” He snapped back and was immediately pushed back by Syler.

“Don’t you dare to talk to her like that ever again. You have absolutely no clue of what she’s been through.” Syler hissed at him.

“Well please do tell cuz she never tells anyone anything!” Pete yelled pointing at me and I lost my control and bit his finger. “Dude!” he yelled and Syler started laughing and petted my head.

“Atta girl.” Syler chuckled and I slapped his hand away in anger.

“Look, if you don’t want us to move in, we’ll find a place.” I told Pete as I pulled Syler by his hand and started walking away.

“Wait, no.” Pete said. “We’ll come to talk to Patrick first.” He said and I nodded in agreement. Syler put his hand on my shoulder and another on Pete’s hand just to get on his nerves. Just as Pete was about to curse him off but we disappeared off to the warehouse.

When I opened my eyes I saw Patrick looking at us with confusion and a hint of anger.

“Patrick, Avery was stabbed by Urie and then she decided to move in with us and brought an alley cat with her!” Pete exclaimed and slapped Syler’s hand away from his hair. And Syler being who he is, and taller than Pete, kept messing up his hair.

“Enough!” I yelled as much force as I could possibly master without hurting myself even more. Then I heard someone running down the steps and Anna showed up angry.

“What happened to you guys?! You just ran away!” she yelled and took off her shoe to throw it at Pete’s face as a punishment. Syler just laughed at that. “Who are you?”

“Avery, meet Mr. Pussycat.” Pete said and Syler had a fire ball ready to hit him and I rolled my eyes as I shot a ball of water at Syler’s face to cool him down.

“Stop it!” I yelled. And from that moment it was silence. I looked around and saw that everyone but Syler was looking at me with their mouths open while Syler threw his fire ball at my face which of course I was immune to.

“How did you do that?!” Patrick stuttered out and I realized what I had done. I showed them a part of my power.

“OHH! That’s the power that William wanted to know how worked, that’s why he wanted to kidnap you.” Pete said and I rolled my eyes at him.

“No shit dipshit!” Syler said and I stifled a laugh. “I take that back.”

“Too late.” I said and looked at Patrick. “I’ll tell you all about my powers later on, but now I really need a place to live. And Syler, also known as my cat. Well, a shape shifter is coming with me. Same with Teddy and Lucy.” I say firmly.

“Okay.” Was all that Patrick said and I smiled in triumph.

“Wait.” I said as my smile faltered. “Will knows that Syler is a human now, meaning his actions will be completely unpredictable.” I said with a sigh.

“We’ll survive.” Pete said with a roll of his eyes and I glared at him.

“I’m his sister and he didn’t care about running experiments on me, meaning he doesn’t give a shit about me, so what makes you think that you’re so special that will help you survive?!” I yelled.

“Calm down, you need to relax, it’s not healthy for you to let your emotions get to you right now, you need to lay down.” Syler said softly and I shook my head. “Avery.” he said looking me in the eyes. “Go lay down, you need it, you’ve only blacked out for three minutes. You need to rest.” He said firmly and I knew he was right. I still felt a painful sensation in my stomach and I was a bit hungry.

“Alright. Pete, can you make me some shake please?” I asked and he nodded as he disappeared into the kitchen.

“Come on, Avery, I’ll show you to your room, and same with you Mr. Pussycat.” Anna said and I heard Pete laugh from the kitchen then I heard the blender being turned on.

“My name is- ugh, whatever.” He mumbled back as he helped me walk up the stairs to my new room.

Soon after, Pete brought the shake to me and after I had some I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone!

Sorry, this chapter isn't as long as I hoped it to be, but I hope you liked it.

Please, please, please, don't forget to comment and subscribe!!!

~Sasha~