Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter One

I sat down at the table with my mom. She had just gotten off of work and I had cooked dinner.

"Hadley, I met a guy today."

I raised an eyebrow, "Really now? Tell me more."

My mom and I are really close. She had me right after she turned 16, making her 33. It's May and I won't be 17 until July.

"His name is Johnny. He has three kids about your age."

"Hm." I replied.

"Have you talked to daddy?"

She shook her head no.

I sighed.

I'm going to fill you in on some of my history. My dad wasn't around for the first twelve years of my life. My mom never told him she was pregnant with me. She fled the state. She was from Iowa and I was born in Georgia. I've lived here since I was a baby. Anyway, I met my dad a week after I turned twelve. His name is Joey Jordison. He's the drummer for Slipknot though some people probably knew that. I stay with him during the summer some times or he comes and visits me.

"So are you going on a date with this guy?" I asked.

"Um, yeah."

"When?"

"Tomorrow night."

"Mkay. I'm suppose to hang out with Jamey tomorrow anyway."

She nodded her head.

"Are you glad school is out?"

"I suppose. I'm scared though. I mean, I'll be a SENIOR when August rolls around."

"My baby is growing up on me."

I laughed.

"Dad is coming to see us soon isn't he?"

"I think so. "

"Okay. I'm going to put the dishes up and everything." I said. I started cleaning and put the dishes in the dishwasher.

After I was done with that I went upstairs and listened to music. I was drumming on the desk with pencils when the phone rang.

My mom picked it up and I rolled my eyes as I looked at the caller id. I figured it was her new man considering I didn't recognize the number.

I signed onto yahoo and started talking to Jamey.

We were talking for about five minutes when my mom comes in without knocking.

"I thought you broke the not knocking before you came in thing?"

"Haha. Get dressed. We're going out to eat with Johnny and his kids."

"We're meeting everyone already?"

"Yeah, he thinks it would be easier."

I rolled my eyes and said good bye to Jamey. My mom walked out of my room and I pulled off my sweat pants and huge Killswitch shirt. I pulled on a pair of flared jeans and a Cobra Starship tank top. I ran a brush through my hair and fixed my make-up. I grabbed my cell phone, purse, and then slipped on my flip-flops as I walked out of my room.

"Mom? What the hell are you doing? It's not like its a blind date."

"Had, I just want to make a good impression."

I rolled my eyes, "Change back into the jeans. The skirt is to sluttish looking.."

Mom sighed, "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You'd probably die."

She laughed, "Probably.

"You look so much like me, but you remind me so much of your dad."

"It's the shortness factor. I blame his stupid genes on that one."

I walked out of the room and down to the living room to wait on her. She practically walked down stairs as soon as I walked into the living room.

"Let's go." She said.

I nodded and followed her out to the car.